Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

on 12/21/2011 3:32:00 PM

This is the best bleach for facial hair. I used to be a fan of Sally Hansen bleach, but noticed that it decreased in effectiveness after I'd been using it for a few years (not sure if the formula was changed or my hair was just becoming more resistant to the dye). Jolen bleaches 99.5% of the unwanted facial hair, making it softer, finer, and less visible. It did sting a little, but not nearly as badly as the Sally Hansen formula. I've found that applying aloe gel after removing the bleach helps take away the redness within minutes.

The only downside to this product is the "mixing tray" (which is actually just a tiny plastic card). As others have pointed out, using the mixing tray is very messy and wasteful. So I use a medicine cup instead.

I will definitely continue purchasing this product. It only cost $5 at Walmart and the tubs of product last forever (I use it biweekly).

on 11/6/2011 12:20:00 AM

I bought it and used it (stupidly) on the day before my birthday. Worked but left several ugly scars behind :(

on 10/24/2011 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used many types of face bleaches. There are many varieties available in India, price ranging from Euro 1 to 3. Oxy Bleach and Olivia are quite good.
I am now in France and couldn't find any other bleaching product apart from Jolen so used it for the first time. The mild aloe-vera version. It costed 12 Euros in Paris. The mixing plate and spatula is quite pathetic. Instead, I used a small glass bowl and the back end of a plastic spoon to mix and apply the creme.
Although I used the right quantities, there were so much fumes coming out of the product that I couldn't keep my eyes open after applying. My eyes watered badly and I had a burning sensation all over my face.
My facial hair didn't get bleached properly even after 20 minutes. I didn't want to keep it on any longer and removed it.
This product is definitely not for sensitive skin and the formula is far from mild. Olivia and Oxy Bleach are so much better and do not harm my skin at all.

on 10/6/2011 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for about 3 years and i i dont really have any complaints except one. I use this to bleach the hairs on the side of my face and chin. After i have used it i do notice that a couple off days later i do get a couple off pimples on my cheeks. I had a proffesional wax done once on my face and it broke me out with really bad white heads my face was covered in them and it took me two years to get rid off them but my skin has never been the same since. Thats why i remain using this product its better to have a couple of pimples than your whole face covered by them.

on 10/6/2011 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Like mizcat, I used this product for years (15 or so) to lighten the hair on my upper lip, but stopped in favor of waxing about 15 years ago. While it did the job, I now have hyperpigmentation on my upper lip and at the corners of my mouth. I also encourage MUAers to switch to waxing or shaving to avoid having a problem that will be much difficult to deal with later.

The reason I stopped using this product was because it bleached the hair on my upper lip white, which did not blend with my skin tone and almost looked worse than having a shadowy mustache. It's another reason to reconsider using this bleach.

on 10/4/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

20 years ago, I used this product multiple times to bleach unwanted lip hairs (over the course of years) - I now have severe hyperpigmentation on my upper lip, which I think is a result of this bleach. Might have been any bleaching product that would have caused the hyperpigmentation, but this is the only one I used. Wish I had just waxed or left it alone back in the day, would counsel against using this product based on the long term results.

on 10/4/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the best products I have ever found and keep it stocked at home. I have been using it for years. I used it on my upper lip before having it laser-ed off. I still use on my forearms to lighten the hair. I have dark hair and it works flawlessly. You will have to use it continuously though as the hair grows out. I also have skin allergies and acne, and this product in no way causes me to have breakouts or rashes. To avoid any kind of bleach burn, you must follow the instructions. Over the years, the price has increased gradually but it is still worth the price.

on 9/5/2011 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this product, easy to find in Canada. I have been bleaching my hair super white-blonde and use this to get my brows from medium brown to super white. A little yellow sometimes but easy to neutralize when I fill them in.

on 8/30/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Been using this on my face for years. I like this better than the Sally Hasen, I think the Sally Hasen bleach makes my face look burnt for a few days since its so strong. This works great for lightening my facial hair and overall making my face look brighter.

on 8/29/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really do love this product. I have unwanted hair between my breasts and on my stomach. I have dark hair, so it does show a lot. I have been using Jolen for about 3 years only 5-10 times a year. And I honestly fell in love. It works for me only when I bleach, then bleach again right after.
I just did some research and found out that this product has some strong concerns on the health level.
Take a look at this website: goodguide . com. it tells you what products are cancerous/ dangerous to humans.

I am HONESTLY so sad that I cannot use this product any more =(
I WILL use it when Jolen figures out a way to make it healthy for us. Not cancerous.

Thanks