I have been using this for about 3 years and i i dont really have any complaints except one. I use this to bleach the hairs on the side of my face and chin. After i have used it i do notice that a couple off days later i do get a couple off pimples on my cheeks. I had a proffesional wax done once on my face and it broke me out with really bad white heads my face was covered in them and it took me two years to get rid off them but my skin has never been the same since. Thats why i remain using this product its better to have a couple of pimples than your whole face covered by them.
Like mizcat, I used this product for years (15 or so) to lighten the hair on my upper lip, but stopped in favor of waxing about 15 years ago. While it did the job, I now have hyperpigmentation on my upper lip and at the corners of my mouth. I also encourage MUAers to switch to waxing or shaving to avoid having a problem that will be much difficult to deal with later.
The reason I stopped using this product was because it bleached the hair on my upper lip white, which did not blend with my skin tone and almost looked worse than having a shadowy mustache. It's another reason to reconsider using this bleach.
20 years ago, I used this product multiple times to bleach unwanted lip hairs (over the course of years) - I now have severe hyperpigmentation on my upper lip, which I think is a result of this bleach. Might have been any bleaching product that would have caused the hyperpigmentation, but this is the only one I used. Wish I had just waxed or left it alone back in the day, would counsel against using this product based on the long term results.
This is one of the best products I have ever found and keep it stocked at home. I have been using it for years. I used it on my upper lip before having it laser-ed off. I still use on my forearms to lighten the hair. I have dark hair and it works flawlessly. You will have to use it continuously though as the hair grows out. I also have skin allergies and acne, and this product in no way causes me to have breakouts or rashes. To avoid any kind of bleach burn, you must follow the instructions. Over the years, the price has increased gradually but it is still worth the price.
Love this product, easy to find in Canada. I have been bleaching my hair super white-blonde and use this to get my brows from medium brown to super white. A little yellow sometimes but easy to neutralize when I fill them in.
Been using this on my face for years. I like this better than the Sally Hasen, I think the Sally Hasen bleach makes my face look burnt for a few days since its so strong. This works great for lightening my facial hair and overall making my face look brighter.
I really do love this product. I have unwanted hair between my breasts and on my stomach. I have dark hair, so it does show a lot. I have been using Jolen for about 3 years only 5-10 times a year. And I honestly fell in love. It works for me only when I bleach, then bleach again right after.
I just did some research and found out that this product has some strong concerns on the health level.
Take a look at this website: goodguide . com. it tells you what products are cancerous/ dangerous to humans.
I am HONESTLY so sad that I cannot use this product any more =(
I WILL use it when Jolen figures out a way to make it healthy for us. Not cancerous.
I've been using Jolen cream bleach for many years, and there's nothing like it. It gently bleaches and makes my skin feel soft afterwards. I don't have a lot of hair, but it's good to know that Jolen is always around when I need it. :) I use it on my face and arms. It's a great product.
works really well but it ended up bleaching the skin above my lip
Yes, I am sad to admit it but...I am a hairy girl.
From hefty depilatory creams that burned my skin and made my hair come back even more thick/dark to wax strips that took off more of the skin on my upper lip than hair (tragic story) and now on to bleach, I have seen and done it all except for electrolysis.
Jolene Creme Bleach is truly a godsend. After ripping the skin off of my upper lip so bad that I not only had to cancel a trip out of town but had to deal with a sad little scar it left behind, I had thrown up my hands. I didn't know what in the world I was going to do about my facial hair. Sometime ago my mother had bought me a box of this by accident and it sat in my medicine cabinet for some time collecting cobwebs (not really, but you get it). When I found it I was so desperate that I had to give it a try. My skin was just too sensitive to other types of removal methods and I couldn't go on with them any longer but I didn't want to be self-conscious about my facial hair either. What had I to lose?
Well, I love it. It's so much less traumatizing than waxing or using remover creams has been. There's also no worrying about burning the hell out of my skin, not getting all of the hair, or having to cope with skin irritations for days afterward. It leaves my hair perfectly invisible with results that last and stay inconspicuous much longer than waxing or using creams. It's also easier to use in large areas if you need to.
The only real gripe that I can make about this is that the spatula is too short and the mixing tray is essentially useless. It can be kind of messy to mix up but that's really the only draw back I can say there is. If you're at the end of your rope like I was, try it.