November 22, 2014 | 874 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by anujaaggarwal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used many types of face bleaches. There are many varieties available in India, price ranging from Euro 1 to 3. Oxy Bleach and Olivia are quite good.
I am now in France and couldn't find any other bleaching product apart from Jolen so used it for the first time. The mild aloe-vera version. It costed 12 Euros in Paris. The mixing plate and spatula is quite pathetic. Instead, I used a small glass bowl and the back end of a plastic spoon to mix and apply the creme.
Although I used the right quantities, there were so much fumes coming out of the product that I couldn't keep my eyes open after applying. My eyes watered badly and I had a burning sensation all over my face.
My facial hair didn't get bleached properly even after 20 minutes. I didn't want to keep it on any longer and removed it.
This product is definitely not for sensitive skin and the formula is far from mild. Olivia and Oxy Bleach are so much better and do not harm my skin at all.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 3 years and i i dont really have any complaints except one. I use this to bleach the hairs on the side of my face and chin. After i have used it i do notice that a couple off days later i do get a couple off pimples on my cheeks. I had a proffesional wax done once on my face and it broke me out with really bad white heads my face was covered in them and it took me two years to get rid off them but my skin has never been the same since. Thats why i remain using this product its better to have a couple of pimples than your whole face covered by them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like mizcat, I used this product for years (15 or so) to lighten the hair on my upper lip, but stopped in favor of waxing about 15 years ago. While it did the job, I now have hyperpigmentation on my upper lip and at the corners of my mouth. I also encourage MUAers to switch to waxing or shaving to avoid having a problem that will be much difficult to deal with later.

The reason I stopped using this product was because it bleached the hair on my upper lip white, which did not blend with my skin tone and almost looked worse than having a shadowy mustache. It's another reason to reconsider using this bleach.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mizcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

20 years ago, I used this product multiple times to bleach unwanted lip hairs (over the course of years) - I now have severe hyperpigmentation on my upper lip, which I think is a result of this bleach. Might have been any bleaching product that would have caused the hyperpigmentation, but this is the only one I used. Wish I had just waxed or left it alone back in the day, would counsel against using this product based on the long term results.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best products I have ever found and keep it stocked at home. I have been using it for years. I used it on my upper lip before having it laser-ed off. I still use on my forearms to lighten the hair. I have dark hair and it works flawlessly. You will have to use it continuously though as the hair grows out. I also have skin allergies and acne, and this product in no way causes me to have breakouts or rashes. To avoid any kind of bleach burn, you must follow the instructions. Over the years, the price has increased gradually but it is still worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sulci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this product, easy to find in Canada. I have been bleaching my hair super white-blonde and use this to get my brows from medium brown to super white. A little yellow sometimes but easy to neutralize when I fill them in.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Been using this on my face for years. I like this better than the Sally Hasen, I think the Sally Hasen bleach makes my face look burnt for a few days since its so strong. This works great for lightening my facial hair and overall making my face look brighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by SylviaLerree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really do love this product. I have unwanted hair between my breasts and on my stomach. I have dark hair, so it does show a lot. I have been using Jolen for about 3 years only 5-10 times a year. And I honestly fell in love. It works for me only when I bleach, then bleach again right after.
I just did some research and found out that this product has some strong concerns on the health level.
Take a look at this website: goodguide . com. it tells you what products are cancerous/ dangerous to humans.

I am HONESTLY so sad that I cannot use this product any more =(
I WILL use it when Jolen figures out a way to make it healthy for us. Not cancerous.

Thanks

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by rn88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Jolen cream bleach for many years, and there's nothing like it. It gently bleaches and makes my skin feel soft afterwards. I don't have a lot of hair, but it's good to know that Jolen is always around when I need it. :) I use it on my face and arms. It's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by x0xhannax3

works really well but it ended up bleaching the skin above my lip