April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kandyglam112

Me: NC30, normal-dry, discoloration, bad history with Mac skin makeup, little to no acne, uneven redness

Background: I went to my Mac counter in pursuit of a new cream foundation, as gossmakeupartist seems to love those dearly. I was a C3 in their "Face and Body" foundation, which made me break out horrifically once, but I decided to give this Mineralize foundation a chance. I was not aware of the steep price ($32) nor lovely ingredients (77 minerals that have been bio-fermented into a yeast extract and their Multimineral Complex IV, a water-based solution of Potassium,Magnesium, Sodium and Zinc)

Application: I moisturize with Embryolisse's thick moisturizer. No primer. I open up the giant compact and stipple the product onto my ELF Studio Powder Brush (which is amazing). It still smells kinda strange, but knowing that its because of all those weird natural root extracts relaxes me a little. The coverage is between light-medium. But because NC30 is a perfect match for my skin, I can build this up wherever I want without it looking cakey. I like to use it to cover the redness in my cheeks so I can apply a blush truer to its color. The foundation instantly leaves a luminous, natural finish. I then apply concealer. I don't need a powder. Lovely.

Longevity: This simply does not budge, even without a primer. I can get through 9 hours of school and sport (without breaking out). The finish remains the same, which is often not the case. The foundation does not oxidize. There isn't very much product it seems, but you only need the most microscopic bit when you use a stippling brush with cream foundation.

Packaging: The packaging is ridiculously chunky and unnecessary. It's similar to a powder compact, but with that extra compartment below the actual foundation that contains a trashy, useless sponge that a.) doesn't apply the foundation and b.) harbors scary mounds of bacteria, if not replaced often. It gets a 2 because the simplicity is good, like all Mac products.

Side notes: After using this for a month, it still doesn't break me out, although other Mac face products have. I highly recommend it, despite it's priciness. I hope this review has helped some other person out there find try out this foundation, which has quickly become my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by SarahOkaru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this a couple days ago and have worn it more than once. I have acne on my forehead and foundations usually don't cover it up that well but this one did :D It makes me feel pretty when I wear it which I haven't felt in a long time. It's in my exact color(NC25) but for me it gets a tiny bot lighter when it dries? But it still looks pretty so I'm happy :DDD

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by dexatek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

They always said cream foundation is not for dry skin. This product is the best evidence that this statement is not true. I thought tinted moisturizers, like Laura Mercier worked better with my dry skin. They look natural and are easy to blend. However any TM provide only sheer to medium coverage. In my research for a foundation compatible with my skin I failed with liquid ones in most major brands, either they look cakey when dries out, fake or waxy look plus messy and hard to blend, wich I dislike. This Mac Mineralize spf 15 cream foundation gives you a flawless look, so pretty, natural and light.
PROS: Nice texture, easy to blend, not too dewy or matte, skin looks fresh,natural
TIP: For Medium-full coverage Apply with foundation brush, paddle type (for dry skin avoid stipple, blush , kabuki brushes, they will make your skin flake in patches)
For a more sheer, "just enough" coverage similar to aTM, apply with a wet sponge.
Finish application by lightly buffing to blend with a clean beauty blender sponge, in circular motion. And WOW your face would be at its best.
CONs: To my experience, so far, it doesn't last long. Probably 8 hours at most
No much product.
I love this product, it has very good quality and I highly recomend it for any person with dry skin. I don't think it works well for oily skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by SSH1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOTE: this runs 'dark' compared to other MAC foundations.

My HG for years and years was Colorstay. But I could never get a really good match to my skin. I wanted SFF (I love the ironwear foundations!) but reality sets in at some point. I'm in my 50's - I now have combo skin (normal/dry) and the SFF was 'grabbing' - the MUA suggested this - and after she applied it -- I looked like I had 'skin' not a mask on.

She used a brush and I tried with every type of foundation brush I have (and I have 6 different ones) - was almost ready to return it when I was killing time in CVS and they had a $5 'beauty blender'. Perfect application with that!!!

Now, this MUST be set with powder (using Mineralize Skinfinish Natural) or it will migrate. It is not full coverage - but more sheer/light/medium depending on how applied. I use a 'cast iron' concealer (MAC Prolongwear, btw) on spots, capillaries, etc before foundation (let it dry) and then this. Then my under eye corrector then set it all.

Yes, it's pricey and I wish there were a dupe in a shade for me NW25) - but walking around knowing that 'your face' isn't right does nothing for one's confidence.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

Ok, so why has this product not got a better score here?!

I usually used Estee Lauder Double Wear/ MAC's Studio Fix Fluid/ Powder/ Bobbi Brown's stick foundation and I own a lot more foundations from other brands. The three main ones are for different purposes.

I was on the hunt for a foundation that would make my skin look beautiful, smooth, non cakey and hide my billion dark freckles. A non oily foundation thats easy to appy and can deal with oil. I have a VERY oily Tzone. I'm very please with this foundation...VERY pleased. I did try Studio Sculpt but that just would not blend in my skin, plus they shea butter was a huge problem.

All I did was put on some green primer(lots of redness on my face). Then with a stippling brush buffed it intomy skin.Though its medium coverage, I just apply a tad extra a voila i can hide my freckles (Please note: no foundation has yet been able to hide them, but this works great). Buffed it in my skin gently, put on a bit of powder to "lock" it in and done! It looks superb! I danced all night today, and when I got home, it looked the same!! I <3 this foundation! I'd definitely give it a go!!! I have combination skin and make it work! :D

I was an NC30 int he studio fix fluid...and after a re-check I changed to a NW22 (which matches me WAY more). In the mineralise I tried on NW25 and NW20. The NW20 looked wayyy more natural on me, so thats the shade I got :D

EDIT______________
Knocking of two lippies, it doesn't last on my face for more than 3hrs (will try with different moisturiser and report back!)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by guiltypleasures

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The coverage is light/medium but you can layer up to medium. It has a GORGEOUS finish... if your skin is on the dry side you don't even need to powder. It's semi-matte, quite natural looking.
I think it's best suitable for dry, normal, combo skin that is not too oily. I can see it not working on someone with oily skin since it is a bit moisturizing. I didn't have any breakouts with this but I'm not acne-prone. I do have super sensitive skin and I had no irritation.
My only con is that the container has very little product... I went through compacts super quickly. Other than that, it's awesome and I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This used to be my go-to foundation until I realized it was what was not only causing break outs on my forehead, but was also causing the skin on the sides of my nose, chin and in between my eyebrows to peel off. I gave it a 2 because it does look nice, but when I purchased this I was not intending to receive a chemical peel.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by missellie515

I bought this foundation a couple of days ago in the hope that it would put moisture back in my skin. I wouldn't say my skin naturally was dry but the minute i put foundation on it it seems to highlight cloudy patches on my t zone.
The Mac assistant said this will give you a dewy look and won't dry your skin out and is a medium coverage. I am getting married in april so i really need something that covers but doesn't look dry. SO i tried it and my skin dried out in the usual place within 15 minutes, slightly separates in places and it felt like i had a lot of make up on. My skin does feel lovely (on the cheeks), if i use a primer this is even more improved. I wouldn't say the coverage is medium, its more of a sheer light coverage which yes can be buildable but then i find the dryness comes out. THe dewy look is nice but in order for it not to slide off your face I suggest using a mineral powder over the top to set it, otherwise it will transfer. I have freckles which i like to cover if I can and i find this isn't even slightly doing it. It's more a foundation for evening out your skin tone if you already have nice skin. Compact is nice to have but you really need a brush to apply it as using your fingers won't allow the cream to sit on your skin properly. I won't be buying this again and will go back to useing EL double wear light.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by lonic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very thick and cakey. My skin feels very sticky during the entire day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sunangyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to get another Bobbi Brown cream foundation compact and I stopped at the MAC counter to look at the lipgloss. Well the salesperson worked some magic and I took home this foundation. I like the tinted moisturizer by MAC and prefer the look of sheer coverage so I was hesitant to try this, but after he showed me a test of it on my skin I was hooked. It is smooth and light and I was also happy with the color and usually I have trouble finding a right shade. I'm a NC 25 and it is winter thought and I'm wondering if I'll be able to wear this for spring, summer I'll for sure need to get rematched. I haven't needed to retouch at all during the day, I teach fitness classes so that says a lot! My husband even said the other day that he likes me with no makeup on, and I was wearing this and mascara. Ha they have no idea.