September 17, 2014 | 2231 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by massie80

Great foundation, lovely texture and great smell. It has a good staying power and a medium-high coverage. It doesn't make my skin break out or causes little bumps. It gives your face a nice glow without looking oily or very dewy. Also my skin feels very soft and smooth.

Luv it and it's my new HG!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jessowen23

I purchased this product around 4 months ago and it has been my savior. I have tried other products such as the Rimmel Stay Matte so I decided to bite the bullet and go for a non-matte foundation regardless of the fact my skin is normally quite oily. I was probably the best decision I have made. It has a lovely light feel to it and goes on really easily especially with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush followed by a touch of setting powder. It brightens your skin dramatically and doesn't feel at all cakey or heavy on the skin. The smell was fab, fruity yet not over powering. The coverage was good and coverage any redness I had.

The only negative thing I do have to say is that it comes out on clothing quite a bit, especially collared shirts. Also I found it broke through the powder after a couple of hours but that could be easily fixed. I guess everyone will find this different so just go try it for yourself!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ZoeLouise123

I have skin that is quite prone to break outs and this foundation covers the redness as well as the scarring. I have combination skin and it goes on well and the normal and oily sections, though it does settle strangely on very dry skin - but that is the same with most foundations.
I have shade 51 (light vanilla?) which is the lightest shade, it is perfect for me from November-March but when I get a tan the other shades are too yellow for my skin tone.
I have recently re-purchased this after my first bottle ran out after just under a year. Goes on well with my real techniques Expert Face Brush as well as any flat top buffing brush. Great quality for a good price, would definitely buy for a third time unless I find something else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I have heard so many raves about this product, so about half a year ago, I finally decided to purchase it. And oh my - it changed my view on Bourjois foundations!

I can be described as a high end makeup girl simply because I was afraid the drugstore ones are a waste of money (due to poor color range, bad longevity and so on). But Healthy Mix change my view on things.

Packaging: it comes in this nice handy plastic tube with a pump and what I love the most is that the uplifting mechanism of it that pushes the product up - so you waste not even a drop of the product! Amazing

Scent & Texture: the texture of this is quite nice and builds up/smooths out very nicely. The Scent is very nice and somehow reminds me of berries and a little bit of Chanel foundations. It doesn't stick to the skin though, but every time I grab my foundation brush - it smells very nice.

Application: is very very easy. I find this to be my slap on/in-hurry product. I apply mine with a nice buffing synthetic brush and I believe synthetic bristles are best for this kind of foundations.

Finish: it is medium-full (can be used slightly and give you light coverage) dries to this semi-matte, velvety finish which might get a little bit shiny in my T-zone (despite me having dry skin) - so sometimes I powder it slightly through the nose, forehead and chin. I find it slightly similar to my Vitalumiere Aqua, but still Chanel one looks slightly better

Longevity: I fairly believe this one has great long-lasting power that lasts (don't know about 16hrs) but for 12hrs for sure! I don't see it dissolving or creating patches or anything like that at all.

Feel: I have got dry skin and I don't find this product ever drying my skin out! Even when I wear it all day.

I believe this is the brilliant product for those who don't want to splurge on high-end expensive foundations - yet have a great product.
The only down-side to the Healthy Mix is that it comes in such a small variety of shades. I found my perfect shade though which is when I have no tan on - NC30 (Mac) is compatible with #52 (Vanilla).

When I run out of this, I quite see myself reaching out for the new tube.

For more reviews on other great makeup products head here:

---
I actually also tried the new version of Healthy Mix that says 'Glow' on it. It comes in a glass bottle without an uplifting mechanism (which I already don't like) and has somewhat similar finish to the original Healthy Mix one, but with a very hardly noticeable sheen to it. It smells also similar to the original formula, but not as much. Like if Bourjois decided to tone down the scent in the new formula.
I am not as much in love with the Healthy Mix liquid foundation that says 'Glow' on it (I don't remember the exact name of it) but it is a good product nevertheless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by reb7e

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In love with this foundation! I have combination skin, very oily in the T zone & normal, sometimes dry in the rest of my face. This foundation goes on beautifully giving a healthy, dewy glow to my skin. It's lasting power is also good although after 5-6 hours you will need to blot/powder if you have oily skin. The shade range is pretty decent too if you're on the lighter side, unfortunately Bourjois doesn't do dark shades which is probably the only downside to this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by uxi

A great, natural foundation that glides easily across the skin. Has a nonviscous texture which feels just like water.
Has a gentle, shampoo-like fruity smell which is not at all bad.
Comes in a glass bottle with a pump which is easy to use.
Purchased it perhaps a shade or two too dark, but that is my fault.
Would recommend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, I really don't get on with this foundation.

I chose shade 52 (Vanilla) which is a great match for a NC/NW20 - if in doubt or in between shades, go lighter as it can look a little orangey. I tried applying with both fingers and my Real Techniques buffing brush, but it was difficult to blend and really clung to fine hairs and the slightest of dry patches - not a flattering look. I also found it a little too sheer for my liking - I have some redness and some slight acne scarring on my skin: nothing too severe by any means, yet this didn't do much to cover it. Despite claims of anti-fatigue radiance and 16-hour wear, it didn't make my skin look particularly more radiant than usual, nor did it wear well for more than 4 hours when I had to get the blotting sheets out to control my oiliness, which took off a lot of the foundation.

I wouldn't highly recommend this - in my opinion, it's not worth the hype as the coverage is no more than a step up from a tinted moisturiser yet doesn't offer anything special that my cheaper, more effective foundations can't do. I think I'll stick with my medium to full coverage options and I won't be using this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by cottoncandisky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Very affordable
+Hygienic packaging (pump)
+Doesn't break me out
+Doesn't get oily
+Smells nice
+Pretty easy to find a matching shade as MAC shades are very similar to these

Cons:
-Not exactly a great coverage
-Can make your skin a bit dry if you have very dry skin like me (good for combination skins)

The Bourjois gel serum foundation is better for dry skin

Other things...
Theres no SPF which is sometimes good (when taking photos with flash) but inconvenient for everyday use, I have to wear sunscreen underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Even though this wore better throughout the day over the Gel Serum version, (Gel version unfortunately got quite oily around my nose), I didn't like the finish of this as much. It looked cakey than the Gel version and just didn't give me the pretty glow I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by swiftandshout

This foundation is literally my DREAM foundation. I have very large pores and I'm quite insecure about them, so for years I've been searching for a foundation that gives me good coverage over my pores. This foundation does EXACTLY that, whereas every other foundation I've tested, does not.
As well as it's amazing coverage, this foundation is light on your skin and gives a dewy finish. It's very creamy and blends easily, giving a flawless and almost undetectable coverage. Bonus - it smells AMAZING! Since this foundation is so creamy, it can easily melt away it's not set with a powder. (I also use the Bourjois Unifying Powder which works great with the foundation.)
The only thing I can fault with this foundation is the packaging which can easily break if being transported... apart from that - this product is AMAZING and I would recommend it to everyone!