October 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by NitaE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I regret the money I spent on this completely. I feel like a child when I am applying this because the makeup broke out of the container within 3 uses. I don't understand how it is physically possible to do a smokey look with this, because the "tapered" side is to big to create anything other than a big smudge. It tugs like crazy, I bought the silver/purple one and I basically just use the little nub left of the silver when I am running late for something. The packaging also broke within a few weeks, never again for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I will NEVER repurchase this again!!!! I bought this a few months ago because I liked the idea of having the lid and eyeliner color in one package and boy was this the worst purchase I've ever made! I wore it for 2 hours and with primer and it was creasing like crazy! The color was all washed away and I have the purple color so it looked like I got punched in the face! I HATE this product and I will never repurchase again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I was hoping so bad that is would work, but it's horrible. I had this months ago and creased like crazy. Now I know cream products tend to do that, but I will not keep them if they're like that, I dont' want the hassle of putting on MORE make up over it like eyeshadow. Wasn't impressed with colors at all. It sad in my make up bag for months. The other day I was reorganizing it, went to go look at it to give it another try, the ends of make up just broke right off the thing and the plastic casing was cracked, I was a little angry.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by alleighcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would NOT repurchase this AT ALL. The color is pigmented, but god forbid you put anything over it like eyeliner, etc. because it rubs off COMPLETELY with the slightest touch. It's very hard to keep on, and it DOES wear off very, very quickly! After time, the packaging had cracked and the shadow sticks melt and break leaving a huge mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by axxl

This product is horrible. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS. I was a fool to buy two without even testing the product but the colors and convenience seemed so promising. The color does not go on evenly, does not blend well, and is just to creamy to ever look clean. It settles in the crease and looks awful. Aside from that all the lids broke with less than normal wear-and-tear. I say that because I am super particular about product care and if they broke with me then they will with anyone. ALSO, every single one of the shadows broke off. THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT EVER!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by harpsandhurdles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Out of the literally hundreds of makeup products I have purchased, this is hands down the worst I have ever bought. It creased after 5 minutes, ran all over my face and was waxy with horrible color payoff. I wish I would have read the reviews first! I can't understand why this stuff is still in production! I would have given it a 0 if I could have. Stay away!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by LiddleP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I did read reviews for this before I purchased, but stupidly ignored them because the idea seemed fantastic. This stuff is messy, definitely not quick and easy like it claims to be. I'm no stranger to make up but you would have thought I'd never used it had you seen my eyes after trying it out.

Even after removing it with YSL makeup remover, make up wipes, hot flannels, my eyes felt waxy and sticky. It's easy to look like a drag queen with any of these colour combinations (I brought black and white), half of the containers in the shop had cracked and once the sharpened side turns blunt, there's nothing you can do about it.

I literally felt and looked like I had used crayons to draw my makeup on. The only way I can use this product is to use the black side as a liquid eyeliner, which is very messy and hard to control. This also made my eyes sting and water which doesn't usually happen with shadows or liners.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lesleeann74

wish I would have read the other reviews before buying this. I purchased the silver smoke color. I have nothing to say about its wearability seeing as I had to take it off right after. I'm not that sensitive and this stuff made my eyes burn! They were red, watery, and on fire! On top of that it feels really greasy so I can see how it would just crease. The concept was cool and the shape of it made it easy to get the effect, but overall 2 thumbs down. Plus CG does animal testing so I will not be buying any of their products again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by OrangeBlossom83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If it wasn't for coupons, I would have never purchased these. I'm glad I kept my receipt, because these will be going back to the drug store.
One of the two was broke as soon as I opened the package.
The other, even with UDPP, it wouldn't stay put on my eye lid. It never set and creased within a few minutes.
With such horrible reviews of this product on MUA and CG's own website, why does CG continue to sell this product?

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Nebularz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried so hard to even like this. It's so pretty and I didn't really have the money to spend when I bought it. I tried it alone, like the package told me to, without and with foundation and powder on, with other eyeshadows.. But even if the shadow had worked, why spend the money on this just to use something else with it? Seems like a waste. It was greasy, creased quickly, terrible consistency.. Thinking about this makes me want to cry. It had so much potential and I trusted covergirl. Never going to try something like this again..