April 17, 2014 | 1013 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by harpsandhurdles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Out of the literally hundreds of makeup products I have purchased, this is hands down the worst I have ever bought. It creased after 5 minutes, ran all over my face and was waxy with horrible color payoff. I wish I would have read the reviews first! I can't understand why this stuff is still in production! I would have given it a 0 if I could have. Stay away!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by LiddleP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I did read reviews for this before I purchased, but stupidly ignored them because the idea seemed fantastic. This stuff is messy, definitely not quick and easy like it claims to be. I'm no stranger to make up but you would have thought I'd never used it had you seen my eyes after trying it out.

Even after removing it with YSL makeup remover, make up wipes, hot flannels, my eyes felt waxy and sticky. It's easy to look like a drag queen with any of these colour combinations (I brought black and white), half of the containers in the shop had cracked and once the sharpened side turns blunt, there's nothing you can do about it.

I literally felt and looked like I had used crayons to draw my makeup on. The only way I can use this product is to use the black side as a liquid eyeliner, which is very messy and hard to control. This also made my eyes sting and water which doesn't usually happen with shadows or liners.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lesleeann74

wish I would have read the other reviews before buying this. I purchased the silver smoke color. I have nothing to say about its wearability seeing as I had to take it off right after. I'm not that sensitive and this stuff made my eyes burn! They were red, watery, and on fire! On top of that it feels really greasy so I can see how it would just crease. The concept was cool and the shape of it made it easy to get the effect, but overall 2 thumbs down. Plus CG does animal testing so I will not be buying any of their products again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by OrangeBlossom83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If it wasn't for coupons, I would have never purchased these. I'm glad I kept my receipt, because these will be going back to the drug store.
One of the two was broke as soon as I opened the package.
The other, even with UDPP, it wouldn't stay put on my eye lid. It never set and creased within a few minutes.
With such horrible reviews of this product on MUA and CG's own website, why does CG continue to sell this product?

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Nebularz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried so hard to even like this. It's so pretty and I didn't really have the money to spend when I bought it. I tried it alone, like the package told me to, without and with foundation and powder on, with other eyeshadows.. But even if the shadow had worked, why spend the money on this just to use something else with it? Seems like a waste. It was greasy, creased quickly, terrible consistency.. Thinking about this makes me want to cry. It had so much potential and I trusted covergirl. Never going to try something like this again..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this! In the Onyx Smoke, I use the flat tip of the "smoky" end on my upper lash waterline to make my lashes look denser, and using the white shadow on the upper lid enhances the contrast. Just make sure to blend the latter well. It does what it should and I'm glad I gave it a shot. Nice product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I'd give this zeros if I could.The shadow broke the first time I used it making it hard to do the look. It doesn't make a nice look even after you get the shade stick glued back in. Even if it did it creases in 2 seconds before the crease shade is applied the lid shade has lines,even with a base and primer under and eye shadow over.
Just stay away and save your ten dollars and buy nyx shade sticks or even magic markers would be better in creating a makeup look than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I GIVE THIS A ZERO.

creasy, greasy horrible mess!!! Don't even bother with it.. yes its enticing because the colors look amazing in the nice packaging but dont be fooled! Huge waste of money! Save your 10 bucks for something else!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by az1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Bronze Fire shadowblast is good to use the lighter end as a highlighter above your brown bone. When you put the the lighter end above your eyebrow it opens up the eye and showcases perfectly groomed eyebrows. I am a NC35, so if you still have it try it there. It's a trick I learned from a MUA at Bobbi Brown.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 More reviews by LashLine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible. Bad color. Little pigment. Loads of fallout. I removed it immediately and nearly ran back to CVS to return this piece of garbage.