April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Creme de Rose 001

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Pmarisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It is a nice lip balm and has a nice/posh smell.

However, I have very dehydrated lips and the lip balm didn't help with it (i have been using it for a week now).
Also it is hard to apply the creme as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by 03Lauren

On the packaging: "Smoothing plumping lip balm SPF 10
Active ingredients: octinoxate 7,5% and avobenzone 1,0%"
- Packaging: I love it, simple yet luxurious, really cute. Not much to it other than that. Isn't fragile at all luckily, great to carry in a bag or purse, not likely to break or anything.
- Smell: a delicate rose scent. Not overwhelming at all in my opinion. If you dislike a rose scent you're not going to like it because that's really the only thing it smells like.
- How does it feel: nourishing, soothing and hydrating. Lips feel very soft. When I apply it at night I use more on my lips but it doesn't feel weird or thick in a way it's annoying. A thin layer during the day feels just as nice.
- Does it work: it's great! works best over night I think using a bit more product, smooth lips in the morning. Soothes and hydrates and that's all I need. SPF in it is great as I like to apply it during the day aswell. However, doesn't do anything for me in the plumping department, found out it claimed a plumping effect much later to be honest. Might work different for other people though. I don't mind it, my lips are big enough already, not looking for anything plumping.
- Shade: I have quite a lot of color in my lips already, didn't notice any extra on my lips. Seems to have a petal pink shade to it, but really comes of clear also if I swatch it on my hand or something. If you have really pale lips it might show up. I personally wasn't looking for a balm with a shade to it so I don't mind it.

Overall 4/5, it's expensive but worth it I think. If you're looking for a great luxurious, hydrating, smoothing and protecting lip balm I'd recommend it. If you want color of a plumping effect I would not recommend it, although those 2 things might differ on other people. And if you don't like rose scents I for sure wouldn't buy it. Personally I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

Oh creme de rose, what would I do without you! I use this lip balm twice daily- once in the morning, and again after showering at night. It is extremely hydrating on my dry lips. It is advertised as a lip plumper, but it definitely isn't in the traditional, tingly sense. However, with consistent use I have noticed my lips are a tad fuller, but I think that's because they're finally properly moisturized! Within the first month of use I went out of town for a weekend and forgot to pack it; my lips were in torture! I'm extremely addicted! I've had mine for about four months now, and with consistent twice daily use there's about half left. Unlike other reviewers, my lip balm hasn't lost it's pink color. I don't mind the packaging; its very cute, and I always wash my hands before using anyway. I also love the light rose scent. My only complaint is the price; $30 is sooo much for a lip balm! Thankfully it lasts a long time. I will dutifully repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by princess101

My HG lip treatment used to be La Roche Posay Ceralip. It hydrated well and prepped my lips sufficiently for other lip products but over the past 8 years it seems as though my lips just got used to it. This past winter my lips were a flakey, dry mess and nothing could soothe them. I purchased this on a whim and am so glad. This saved my dry, shrivly lips and turned them into plump, full, well-hydrated kissable lips again.
The price tag hurts but I stocked up during Sephora's VIB sale. After 2.5 months of twice daily use I have used about a 1/4 of the tub. I have not experienced the product turning yellow as others have noticed. This has officially become my favourite balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by mailovelife

This was a splurge buy, a huge moment of weakness for me. But, I don't regret it! I absolutely love this balm! It has a smooth, thick velvety texture and when applied in a thick layer can be used as a night treatment. I used it just last light and this morning I woke up to super soft lips! Not only that but the dead skin became really soft which made it easier for me to exfoliate them. This isn't so much a plumping balm, but when applied it does fill in the fine lines. It lasts so long and smells strongly of roses, which I love. The only bad thing is that this is pretty expensive, for .25 oz you pay 35 CAD, 30 USD for it. But, I think it is worth it, so this would be considered my splurge item. Also the packaging is quite cute BUT it does come in a pot, which most people don't like. It's not that big of a deal for me, but I know it's a huge dealbreaker for some people. But overall I love this and I definitely would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I might be addicted to this stuff. I use it every night before bed. I notice a difference when I don't use it. I can see it staying a part of my routine for a while. Also I really like the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hi everybody - my name is Sanja and i am a lip balm addict! It gets worse - i am a high end lip treatment junkie and i am too far gone...interventions will not work BUT new brands might :)
I am ashamed to count all the little fancy jars around my house - By Terry, Nuxe, La Mer, Givenchy, Dior...I have pretty much tried them all and cringed at the checkout each time but obviously not enough since the little pots are multiplying & taking over my humble home.
Dior's Creme de Rose was a no-brainer for me because i adore rose scents and the vintage pot made me feel all warm & fuzzy...The texture is very balm-like, there is no stickiness or waxy feel, no weird flavour, the lips feel nourished and the lovely rose scent doesnt linger for too long (boo for me!). Instead of the typical glossy finish i would describe this as more of a matte subdued shine, making it ideal as a lipstick or gloss base.
One issue i had with this was the unexpected & surprising color change in the pot itself. When i first purchased it, the balm was a rosy pink shade but after a few months the colour transformed to bright yellow!!! I was told that the reason was oxidation of the rose oils, which are key in the formulation...There were no other changes - the scent, texture, feel and preformance stayed the same but i cant deny that i was a little disturbed by the neon yellow shade.
It might seem like i am being petty but thats the only reason i wouldnt repurchase this again. Even though the color change didnt affect the effectiveness of the balm, I was put off to say the least. The price tag, the brand and rave reviews made me expect more. So even though i am happy i bought it, i wasnt completely wowed so i found myself using it less and less. Then again a few things can compete with my HERO By Terry Baume de Rose :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a good product but does not last long at all! I went through this is about 2 weeks! I rather get the MAC Lip Conditioner tub for half the price, it does the same thing except maybe doesn't "plump". I may buy this again not sure, the packaging is nice tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product! My lips are constantly dry, and this is one of the few lipbalms that actually provides long-lasting moisturization for me. I have found that this product seems to last a bit longer than others on my lips.

Creme de rose has a heavy rose scent to it. I find that it's strong enough that I can smell it as I'm wearing it (although the smell fades after awhile). I actually really like the rose smell a lot, however, can see how this would be problematic for those who do not like the scent/ are sensitive to scents.

Although it is a light pink in the package, it goes on colorless. I think that the packaging is both simple and beautiful, however, I do find it to be a bit unhygenic as you need to apply the product with your fingers.

This was difficult for me to rate because although I absolutely LOVE the product, I hate that the packaging requires me to stick my fingers in it. It would be great if it came in a tube! I will definitely be purchasing this again as it works very well for me and I feel that the quality is great. Therefore, 5 stars :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im on the fence about this product, ive used it a couple of times and i see it has some pros and cons.. first of all, the rose scent is not too intense or fake, its one of the best rose scents in lip balms (also apivita's rose lip balm has a lovely rose smell but its a bit more intense). although it feels moisturising, it sits on your lips, so i dont think it does an excellent job, actually ive used other dior lip products like the dior serum de rouge or the the dior addict lip polish and i believe they moisturise a bit better than this lip balm.(so in case you already have any of these products you may reconsider buying the dior creme de rose).
besides, one of the reasons that i bought this product, was that since i have used the other dior lip-moisturising products and they were pretty good, i thought this lip balm will be excellent.. turns out its quite far from that.
also, its pricey, its only 7,2 gr (0.25 oz) in comparison to mac lip conditioner (both jar and tube) which has more product.
moreover, it doesnt do any plumping (though i didnt buy it for that, but i just mention it in case someone is interested in buying it mainly for its "plumping effect"). as for the packaging, the little jar is a little white plastic one, with the standard "CD" logo on the top of the lid and although its nothing special, it is really simple and classy .

overall, great smell, mediocre in moisturising, no plumping, quite expensive, simple but classy packaging.

ill continue using it but i dont see myself buying it again.