Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

Octinoxate, (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate): 7.5, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane: 1, Isononyl Isononanoate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax, Shea Butter Extract, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ribose, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum, Tribehenin, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Trimethylolpropane, Triisostearate, Bht, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propyl Gallate, Alcohol, Phenylacetaldehyde. [ /-: Ci 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33, Red 33 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45370 (Orange 5, Orange 5 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 47005 (Yellow 10, Yellow 10 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77002 (Alluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet)].

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've purchased 4 of these this year and won't be letting up any time soon. I love everything about Creme de Rose minus the packaging. Even though the white, flat pot is cutely retro, I would be even more enamored with this product if it came in a more sanitary lipstick tube, so I could take it with me all day long. Still, it's a fabulous lip balm that is really more of a treatment. I slather some on my lips every morning and every night, and it really works wonders. The rose smell is pretty and not intense. The texture is beautiful: hydrating, soothing, and easily absorbed into the lips.

Pick up one of these up and see how you like it. I had a hard time with the price, but once my first pot ran out, I realized I couldn't live without it.

on 11/26/2013 6:54:00 AM

i have a love hate relationship with this lip balm. first off this is a great lip balm to put on before you go to bed since it keeps your lips moisturized for hours. and yes, it feels luxurious applying it considering it cost me a fortune. but, and this is a huge but, i realized that as i continued using this product, my lips showed quite serious withdrawal effects once i stop using it. that is they became dryer than ever, and were quite irritated. i felt i had to keep reapplying this balm. this never happened with the other lip treatments that i used, and i figured this might be one of the reasons why people who love this product really love it and say they can't live without it - because this is a product that you can't turn back once u start using it. hopefully i will be able to find a new lip treatment that gets rid of the irritability of my lips.

on 11/14/2013 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm a bit of a lip product junkie and this is probably my favorite lip balm. It is expensive but there are products where you feel like it's worth it to splurge and bring a little luxury into your life. This is one of those products. The packaging is lovely, it looks like it should be sitting on a parisian bedside table. The smell is wonderful, the texture is great and it really does leave my lips very moisturized. You don't have to use much so it will last quite a while. There is a very, very slight milky pink color when you apply it so, on my lips, it even makes them look more soft and healthy. I don't think that this does anything for "plumping" outside that effect, however. I am really pleased with this product and I'm certain I will purchase it again and again.

on 11/13/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Broke down and bought this during the Sephora VIB Sale. I thought the price was ridiculous but I was willing to take a shot since I get painful chapped lips during the winter. I'm so glad I decided to try it...I LOVE it. It soothes and repairs my chapped lips immediately.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I saw this product many, many times at Sephora, and every time I saw it, I would balk at it and the price. I owned the Maybelliene Baby Lips lip balm in the clear shade, and I decided that I would use that up before deciding on buying the Creme de Rose lip balm. That kept me from buying this for over a month.
When I was visiting my family in my home town during my university's Reading Week, I decided to explore my local mall one day just to kill some time. I went into a local department store and explored the perfumes before walking over to the Christian Dior counter. I saw that there was a tester for this product, so I decided to try it out just for kicks. I couldn''t believe how soft my lips felt after just one application of this product! I have very dry lips, so I will definitely use up a good lip balm. This completely blew my Baby lips lip balm out of ther water by a long shot. I bought this product that day and threw out the Maybelliene lip balm, vowing to never buy that one again.
I love the subtle rose scent of this lip balm, and I don't find it to be oily or gross on my lips. It doesn't add any colour or shimmer to my lips, which is a huge plus for me. I don't really notice any lip plumping, but even the sales associate said that the lip plumping properties were very mild. Then again, I didn't buy this product to plump my lips- I bought it to hydrate my lips.
In my eyes, this is my "Holy Grail" lip balm. The high price is definitely worth it for me, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lip balm that will seriously hydrate your chapped lips!

on 10/31/2013 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I received a sample of this and I love it! I bought it the next day. It's not super waxy, or oily, it's just right. It's light pink in the pan but it's clear when you apply it on your lips. The smell is lovely, like roses! And I love rose anything. Keeps my lips plump, moist and comfortable in the Swiss weather. It's expensive, but it's a little luxury treat I can use anytime to perk up the day. I will be buying again.

on 10/29/2013 2:24:00 AM

I love this balm. I use it before bed at night so when I wake up in the morning my lips are all nice and smooth. I can't explain how it feels... But it feels fuller; like there's no wrinkles and dry patches on my lips. It smells wonderful and a little goes a long way. So for almost $29 Canadian at sephora it's worth it IMO because one tub lasts me about 9-11 months of use... Remember you only need a little.

Edit - May 2014... I bought the NUXE reve de miel when I went to Paris last week, and still thought Dior is a better lip balm... Hands down. My lips feel smoother and less chapped in the morning after using Dior. This is my HG night time lip treatment balm.

I just found out that this product may be discontinued. So stock up everyone if you love this product as much as I do.

on 10/26/2013 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Disagree with all negative reviews. For me: the only thing that protects and soothes my lips in cold weather. Indispensable. If this didn't work to heal your painfully chapped lips, try A+d ointment (for tattoos, etc).. I have heard it works wonders. For me Dior lip balms are the best. The ones they have in their travel kits and palettes are just as good. This is HG.

on 10/21/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i love this balm. i use it every single day, probably 3 times a day. not because i need to, but because i love the scent and the feel of it!

its claims to be a plumping balm, and i think thats total BS. it hasnt plumped anything as far as i can tell. but it definitely has smoothed out my lips. they never feel chapped-- they are always soft and pillowy and my lipstick applies perfectly when i use this balm regularly.

in my opinion, this balm is *way* better than by terry's baume de rose.

i love the packaging, i love the rose scent, and i actually enjoy lip balms that are in pots. i will definitely buy this again when i run out.

on 10/2/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product made my lips feel dry and irritated.

Popular Lip Treatments