Sexy Hair Concepts Powder Play

3.8

Water, Propylene Glycol, Silica Silyate, Acai Palm Pulp Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Passionflower Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate

The people who give this a bad review are really just using it wrong. Sprinkle a small amount on the roots you want to volumize, spread about an inch down, an start back combing. Holy cow does it work! There is no powder look if you use it right. A small amount goes a long way, and it is basically replacing the half a bottle of hairspray you would otherwise be using. Love this product, it's the best of its kind.

This product doesn't work. It doesn't volumize at all. It looks like dandruff sitting in hair. Highly overpriced, & comes in the smallest bottle i've ever seen. I do not reccommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Luv it!!!! I have fine, thin hair with very light density that lays flat against my head. This has to be one of the best volumizing products I've ever used and I have used alot!! Seriously. I section my hair and sprinkle in and then use my fingers to fluff it out.. I finish with the Spray and Play hairspray and am good to go all day. If it starts to look a little flatter I just flip my hair upside down and refluff. My husband even complimented my hair which is huge cuz he never notices stuff like that. I know it's expensive but to find a volumizer that actually works for thinning hair I would pay double.

After reading the reviews here - I went to Ulta and bought it. What a small bottle! But it is worth every penny. just a TINY bit rubbed into the scalp makes my hair poufy (in a good way) and gives it SO much volume! And it stays that way ALL day!! My hair is thin, wavy and flops after a few hours...not with this! I then added the volumizing shampoo, conditioner and styling gel and my hair has never looked this good!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this!! I have pretty thick, heavy hair that falls down soon after I style it for volume. I just sprinkle this around my crown and under the top layers and rub it in and my hair has instant Brigitte Bardot volume!! It lasts for quite a while too!! If it it starts to drop, I just flip my head over and massage my scalp lightly with my fingers and it perks back up.

The only possible downside is that sometimes it does make my hair feel gummy and gritty if i accidently over apply. I haven't run into any problems with removing it. My shampoo gets it out easily.

Price wise, it IS a bit pricey. I believe I paid 18 bucks for mine at Ulta. However, they had a sale going on which was buy two Sexy Hair concepts products get one free so I didn't feel AS guilty. I will defintely repurchase this product in the future.

I have the thinnest, most drab hair that no amount of teasing could fix...until my stylist showed me Powder Play. I start by pulling up the top layers around my crown in 4 pieces and then sprinkle the product on my roots, then I take a comb and gently tease the hair near the roots. It keeps my pomps and ponytails full and voluminous throughout the day. It has a lot of staying power and since I only wash my hair every other day, I can usually restyle my hair the next morning without adding any product. I have not tried this without teasing my hair so I don't know how it would work on it's own, but if you tease your hair and you're looking for volume- this is it. The only con is that you need to really massage the crap out of your roots/scalp in the shower to get all the product out, but I love long showers so I don't mind.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i hate flat hair but try to avoid blowdrying at all costs to keep my hair healthy and with natural wave, which i prefer to a straight blowdry.

well, this really is a MIRACLE PRODUCT. i put it on my hands to control the amount and then rub it into my roots under the first layer of hair. works well even without shorter layers, cannot see or smell it, and it doesnt make hair gunky. i was warned would make my hair feel gritty but I FEEL NOTHING! EASY TO WASH OUT AS WELL! cannot feel it at all.

PROS
-add volume and texture
-can be used on dry hair
-a little goes a long way
-small bottle easy to take around
-doesnt require heat
-cannot see, smell or feel
-washes out easily

CONS
-expensive (but worth it)
-small bottle, but product should last long time
-can make my fly aways a little more pronounced

HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is one strange product, and I'm still experimenting with how to best use it...but overall, I do really like it. Like some other reviewers, I bought it based on my stylist's recommendation. I have an extremely annoying cowlick at the crown of my head that makes my hair lie pretty flat, when I wear my hair in a stacked bob and want LOTS of volume there. Have struggled for years to get some lift in that area. Powder Play ACTUALLY DOES IT!! But it does feel weird. Chalky and coarse...but I'm OK with it. I have to use more product than I figured I would, but that's just par for the course with my hair. As at least one other reviewer mentioned, it is extremely difficult to wash out. I've had times where I've intensively shampooed the crown of my head twice and still have some product in it afterwards. Still...it's not perfect, but I do love it.

This stuff is awesome! I have fine blond hair & my stylist showed me how to apply it correctly. I love the stuff & will definitely buy it again!

I really wanted to love this product but I HATED IT.

My stylist tried it out on me to give me some body...I have long blonde hair and it's very fine so I don't get much body. It felt weird but I gave it a try on her recommendation.

But I could not wash it out of my hair...it was sick. I had to wash it many times to get it out. The shampoo wouldn't even sudse up ahaha

I bought it at Ulta after my salon visit....I did try it out like my stylist showed me, tried it for 2 days and said forget it...returned it.

Popular Styling Products