Sexy Hair Concepts Powder Play

3.9

Water, Propylene Glycol, Silica Silyate, Acai Palm Pulp Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Passionflower Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate

on 10/21/2011 12:38:00 PM

After reading the reviews here - I went to Ulta and bought it. What a small bottle! But it is worth every penny. just a TINY bit rubbed into the scalp makes my hair poufy (in a good way) and gives it SO much volume! And it stays that way ALL day!! My hair is thin, wavy and flops after a few hours...not with this! I then added the volumizing shampoo, conditioner and styling gel and my hair has never looked this good!

on 10/18/2011 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this!! I have pretty thick, heavy hair that falls down soon after I style it for volume. I just sprinkle this around my crown and under the top layers and rub it in and my hair has instant Brigitte Bardot volume!! It lasts for quite a while too!! If it it starts to drop, I just flip my head over and massage my scalp lightly with my fingers and it perks back up.

The only possible downside is that sometimes it does make my hair feel gummy and gritty if i accidently over apply. I haven't run into any problems with removing it. My shampoo gets it out easily.

Price wise, it IS a bit pricey. I believe I paid 18 bucks for mine at Ulta. However, they had a sale going on which was buy two Sexy Hair concepts products get one free so I didn't feel AS guilty. I will defintely repurchase this product in the future.

I have the thinnest, most drab hair that no amount of teasing could fix...until my stylist showed me Powder Play. I start by pulling up the top layers around my crown in 4 pieces and then sprinkle the product on my roots, then I take a comb and gently tease the hair near the roots. It keeps my pomps and ponytails full and voluminous throughout the day. It has a lot of staying power and since I only wash my hair every other day, I can usually restyle my hair the next morning without adding any product. I have not tried this without teasing my hair so I don't know how it would work on it's own, but if you tease your hair and you're looking for volume- this is it. The only con is that you need to really massage the crap out of your roots/scalp in the shower to get all the product out, but I love long showers so I don't mind.

on 8/11/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i hate flat hair but try to avoid blowdrying at all costs to keep my hair healthy and with natural wave, which i prefer to a straight blowdry.

well, this really is a MIRACLE PRODUCT. i put it on my hands to control the amount and then rub it into my roots under the first layer of hair. works well even without shorter layers, cannot see or smell it, and it doesnt make hair gunky. i was warned would make my hair feel gritty but I FEEL NOTHING! EASY TO WASH OUT AS WELL! cannot feel it at all.

PROS
-add volume and texture
-can be used on dry hair
-a little goes a long way
-small bottle easy to take around
-doesnt require heat
-cannot see, smell or feel
-washes out easily

CONS
-expensive (but worth it)
-small bottle, but product should last long time
-can make my fly aways a little more pronounced

HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!!

on 7/19/2011 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is one strange product, and I'm still experimenting with how to best use it...but overall, I do really like it. Like some other reviewers, I bought it based on my stylist's recommendation. I have an extremely annoying cowlick at the crown of my head that makes my hair lie pretty flat, when I wear my hair in a stacked bob and want LOTS of volume there. Have struggled for years to get some lift in that area. Powder Play ACTUALLY DOES IT!! But it does feel weird. Chalky and coarse...but I'm OK with it. I have to use more product than I figured I would, but that's just par for the course with my hair. As at least one other reviewer mentioned, it is extremely difficult to wash out. I've had times where I've intensively shampooed the crown of my head twice and still have some product in it afterwards. Still...it's not perfect, but I do love it.

on 6/22/2011 8:32:00 PM

This stuff is awesome! I have fine blond hair & my stylist showed me how to apply it correctly. I love the stuff & will definitely buy it again!

on 3/10/2011 2:27:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product but I HATED IT.

My stylist tried it out on me to give me some body...I have long blonde hair and it's very fine so I don't get much body. It felt weird but I gave it a try on her recommendation.

But I could not wash it out of my hair...it was sick. I had to wash it many times to get it out. The shampoo wouldn't even sudse up ahaha

I bought it at Ulta after my salon visit....I did try it out like my stylist showed me, tried it for 2 days and said forget it...returned it.

My hubby and I just got our hair cut and colored 2 days ago and our hairstylist used the powder play on both of us. WOW is what we both say! Neither of us have washed our hair yet (veggin on vacay) and the volume we both got from the product on Wed. (now Fri) is still here! it looks like we both just walked out of the salon. The product is amazing and does exactly what it says it will do. You can constantly massage your scalp and reboost the volume, if necessary. Hubby even wore a beanie for 1/2 the day and took it off and his hair went right back into style(faux hawk). Hubby is going to the salon on Tues when they open again and he's buying us both one! And you should buy yourself one, too!

on 12/10/2010 10:48:00 PM

Fabulous lift for my fine hair! Be sure to apply correctly though..(.I really don't see any way this product could be useful if the directions were not followed exactly). You should section the hair, like you were going to tease it , but don't, Instead shake a little powder near the root, lay the hair down where you want it to lay and run your fingers through your hair where the powder is. . You will feel the hairs start to get slightly sticky and stand up. The more you play with the powdered area, the more volume you get! It lasts all day, washes out fine for me, and doesn't show at all in my brown/ black hair. Even my husband and students ( high school) have commented on how nice my hair looks lately. Pretty awesome stuff for us fine haired gals!

on 9/3/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Someone gave me this product and I didn't know how to use it at first. I kept putting it in my palms and trying to rub it into my roots and it wasn't really doing anything. My friend who's a hairdresser showed me how to use it the right way and now I really LOVE IT!!
I sprinkle a little on right at my root and it's instantly awesome and huge. You don't need that much to make it look good.
I just wish it didn't come out of the container so fast- the powder is so fine and the holes in the lid are just a little too big I suppose! I'm always afraid too much will come out. Besides that, I really like this stuff a lot.

Top Rated Sexy Hair Concepts Products