The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclomethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

on 5/19/2011 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Did not keep my oilies at bay, did not make my MU last longer either. Stopped using this after like 4 or 5 tries.

on 5/19/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I have oily skin, and it probably keeps my skin matte for 3 hours (under liquid foundation; I find it doesn't help much under powder foundations) and then its down hill from there, blotting sheets to the rescue! The texture of this product feels like a oily serum due to all the silicones. It does make it a bit easier to apply my make-up as it leaves a thin 'film' on top for smoothness, but that doesn't mean it makes my make up last any longer. I won't repurchase.

For $14 CAD, it may be worth to try it out if you have dry/combo skin.

on 4/16/2011 4:20:00 AM

This did absolutely nothing for me... :( This was like $30 here in NZ so it was quite pricey so I really regretted buying it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Although it actually doesn't do much in terms of mattifying my skin, I like it because it helps my foundation go on much smoother and actually helps to increase the coverage. It could last a little longer, and it is a bit pricey, but I still like it and would definently re-purchase.

I like the texture of this primer really velvety and it feels nice to apply but I really dont find any benefit to using it. After about 2/3 hours after applying my skin is oily. I do have combination skin which is slightly oily around the T Zone but not too bad.

Wouldnt buy again.

on 2/10/2011 6:13:00 AM

i didnt really see a difference of using this or applying just foundation and concealer on my skin.
it doesn't tend to do what it claims to

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I quite like this product as it has a nice silky feel when you blend it on to your face, though it only holds my makeup in place for about 4-5 hours, which is okay if you've got the right powder for touch ups within the day.

on 11/29/2010 3:35:00 PM

Its a nice product...
and truly does the job impeccably for me..:)
it makes my skin smooth after application.
applying foundation and face makeup gets so much easier as it really does help the products to blend in well.
i personally use cream blushes and cheek illuminators...and can clearly see the difference.
I have extremely oily skin and the place i live in is humid..
it definitely helps my makeup stay fresh for longer...( i would say 4 to 5 hours as i sweat a lot and am out in the sun for 3 out of 5 hrs)...
It also makes my skin glow...very slightly though ..it could be becasue it makes my skin smooth and even looking.
it comes in a decent sized tube.
its gel like consistency really gets into the fine lines to provide an even canvas for your makeup.
it is completely odourless.
the tube gives you nice control over the amount of product you need.
You really need a pea size amount for your entire face.
i love the product and recommend it...:)

on 11/3/2010 5:23:00 PM

I've had a love/hate relationship with this, but mostly love it. It makes my face silky smooth, but doesn't matte finish my skin as well, as it should. Only after a few hours though. I'm a waitress, so I'm around hot food, grease, and whatever else. Within 4 or 5 hours, I start to feel it wear off. It does keep my foundation on personally, it just doesn't help with my oil control SOMETIMES.

on 9/23/2010 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product does not appear to have any discernible effect under my liquid foundation. I still get oily patches in some spots and dry patches in others, and it doesn't seem to make foundation easier (or more difficult) to apply. I'm going to use the product up, but definitely not repurchase.

Popular Primer/ Correctors