August 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Skin Primer Matte It

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by galtruice

This did absolutely nothing for me... :( This was like $30 here in NZ so it was quite pricey so I really regretted buying it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by tremblingaspen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although it actually doesn't do much in terms of mattifying my skin, I like it because it helps my foundation go on much smoother and actually helps to increase the coverage. It could last a little longer, and it is a bit pricey, but I still like it and would definently re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaNatalie

I like the texture of this primer really velvety and it feels nice to apply but I really dont find any benefit to using it. After about 2/3 hours after applying my skin is oily. I do have combination skin which is slightly oily around the T Zone but not too bad.

Wouldnt buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by omfgxstephhi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i didnt really see a difference of using this or applying just foundation and concealer on my skin.
it doesn't tend to do what it claims to

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

I quite like this product as it has a nice silky feel when you blend it on to your face, though it only holds my makeup in place for about 4-5 hours, which is okay if you've got the right powder for touch ups within the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by blueleaves21

Its a nice product...
and truly does the job impeccably for me..:)
it makes my skin smooth after application.
applying foundation and face makeup gets so much easier as it really does help the products to blend in well.
i personally use cream blushes and cheek illuminators...and can clearly see the difference.
I have extremely oily skin and the place i live in is humid..
it definitely helps my makeup stay fresh for longer...( i would say 4 to 5 hours as i sweat a lot and am out in the sun for 3 out of 5 hrs)...
It also makes my skin glow...very slightly though ..it could be becasue it makes my skin smooth and even looking.
it comes in a decent sized tube.
its gel like consistency really gets into the fine lines to provide an even canvas for your makeup.
it is completely odourless.
the tube gives you nice control over the amount of product you need.
You really need a pea size amount for your entire face.
i love the product and recommend it...:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I've had a love/hate relationship with this, but mostly love it. It makes my face silky smooth, but doesn't matte finish my skin as well, as it should. Only after a few hours though. I'm a waitress, so I'm around hot food, grease, and whatever else. Within 4 or 5 hours, I start to feel it wear off. It does keep my foundation on personally, it just doesn't help with my oil control SOMETIMES.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by estel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does not appear to have any discernible effect under my liquid foundation. I still get oily patches in some spots and dry patches in others, and it doesn't seem to make foundation easier (or more difficult) to apply. I'm going to use the product up, but definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by kaaaching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product lied to me it promised me oil control which it didnt do it also didnt make my makeup last long liar ... waste of my money the only good thing is that if your almost empty with it you can always cut the end of the tube to get your moneys worth and lick the tube clean but other than that woulnt buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by cpbcah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I spend most of my time on the east coast of the US, where this primer works perfectly; it smoothes out my skin surface, helps my foundation stay on longer and mattifies my skin well. However I travel frequently to Southeast Asia and Australia, and it doesn't help much with my oily skin in the heat. I also wish they had a version with SPF, but this is good for when I go out at night (because I've heard that makeup with SPF is bad for flash photography).