The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclomethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

on 8/31/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really love this primer, glides on and makes my foundation look amazing and matte for hours. The packaging is a little tacky but i'm not really looking for pretty packages, only want the product to work! Can't say how impressed i am with this...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a terrible product, nothing about it is good, even the packaging is cheap and nasty, but I can forgive a product for its packaging, but I could never forgive this. It does not mattify my face, in fact it makes it look oily! It doesn't even make my make up last, it comes off after about 2/3 hours. It has a really greasy feel on my face. Probably the worst make up product I have ever brought.

on 7/30/2011 2:01:00 PM

I tried this primer for the hopes of mattifying effects coz d label says it. Its not really a mattifying primer but controls shine better than Smashbox primer. It smooths my skin and my make up glides easily with it. Its helps a little bit on keeping the shine off, the shine on my skin after applying moisturizer instantly fades when I put this on top. But like I said, it's not the mattifying effect that I wished it had. I don't see myself purchasing again coz I have several primers to choose from, they all last for a while. By the time I would want another Body Shop primer, hopefully they have a new and better one out :)

on 5/19/2011 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Did not keep my oilies at bay, did not make my MU last longer either. Stopped using this after like 4 or 5 tries.

on 5/19/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I have oily skin, and it probably keeps my skin matte for 3 hours (under liquid foundation; I find it doesn't help much under powder foundations) and then its down hill from there, blotting sheets to the rescue! The texture of this product feels like a oily serum due to all the silicones. It does make it a bit easier to apply my make-up as it leaves a thin 'film' on top for smoothness, but that doesn't mean it makes my make up last any longer. I won't repurchase.

For $14 CAD, it may be worth to try it out if you have dry/combo skin.

on 4/16/2011 4:20:00 AM

This did absolutely nothing for me... :( This was like $30 here in NZ so it was quite pricey so I really regretted buying it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Although it actually doesn't do much in terms of mattifying my skin, I like it because it helps my foundation go on much smoother and actually helps to increase the coverage. It could last a little longer, and it is a bit pricey, but I still like it and would definently re-purchase.

I like the texture of this primer really velvety and it feels nice to apply but I really dont find any benefit to using it. After about 2/3 hours after applying my skin is oily. I do have combination skin which is slightly oily around the T Zone but not too bad.

Wouldnt buy again.

on 2/10/2011 6:13:00 AM

i didnt really see a difference of using this or applying just foundation and concealer on my skin.
it doesn't tend to do what it claims to

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I quite like this product as it has a nice silky feel when you blend it on to your face, though it only holds my makeup in place for about 4-5 hours, which is okay if you've got the right powder for touch ups within the day.