April 20, 2014 | 1619 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Skin Primer Matte It

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by blueleaves21

Its a nice product...
and truly does the job impeccably for me..:)
it makes my skin smooth after application.
applying foundation and face makeup gets so much easier as it really does help the products to blend in well.
i personally use cream blushes and cheek illuminators...and can clearly see the difference.
I have extremely oily skin and the place i live in is humid..
it definitely helps my makeup stay fresh for longer...( i would say 4 to 5 hours as i sweat a lot and am out in the sun for 3 out of 5 hrs)...
It also makes my skin glow...very slightly though ..it could be becasue it makes my skin smooth and even looking.
it comes in a decent sized tube.
its gel like consistency really gets into the fine lines to provide an even canvas for your makeup.
it is completely odourless.
the tube gives you nice control over the amount of product you need.
You really need a pea size amount for your entire face.
i love the product and recommend it...:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I've had a love/hate relationship with this, but mostly love it. It makes my face silky smooth, but doesn't matte finish my skin as well, as it should. Only after a few hours though. I'm a waitress, so I'm around hot food, grease, and whatever else. Within 4 or 5 hours, I start to feel it wear off. It does keep my foundation on personally, it just doesn't help with my oil control SOMETIMES.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by estel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does not appear to have any discernible effect under my liquid foundation. I still get oily patches in some spots and dry patches in others, and it doesn't seem to make foundation easier (or more difficult) to apply. I'm going to use the product up, but definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by kaaaching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product lied to me it promised me oil control which it didnt do it also didnt make my makeup last long liar ... waste of my money the only good thing is that if your almost empty with it you can always cut the end of the tube to get your moneys worth and lick the tube clean but other than that woulnt buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by cpbcah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I spend most of my time on the east coast of the US, where this primer works perfectly; it smoothes out my skin surface, helps my foundation stay on longer and mattifies my skin well. However I travel frequently to Southeast Asia and Australia, and it doesn't help much with my oily skin in the heat. I also wish they had a version with SPF, but this is good for when I go out at night (because I've heard that makeup with SPF is bad for flash photography).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product pretty well, but I have little to compare it with since it's the only lip primer I've tried. It does a great job of smoothing and softening your lips, however it provides no moisture so you'll want to make sure to use Chapstick or a moisture-rich lipstick. It definitely helps my lipstick apply better. I actually like the way it makes my lips look by itself-very smooth and natural. It helps fill in fine lines and makes lips look a little bit plumper/healthier.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by goodbyeoddie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's effects doesn't last as long as I'd like, but it shrinks my pores and calms my oily skin for about 4 to 6 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Hannnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I go this for a birthday present, and I loved it. It blurs my pores and smooths out my skin. It doens't have a very good staying power but it doesn't make me look very oily. I actually don't think it mattifies, but I like the finish it gives so I don't really mind. The packaging isn't amazing but I can live with it. I have problems with allergic reactions to most primers (I get little bumps, and i think its from silicon) but this one doesn't break me out. and the ingrediants are so pure! Not a gazillion chemicals like most products. Overall, I reccomend this primer and I love The Body Shop :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by poivre27

My skin is not super oily, just have some shine on the t-zone area. This product works well for me. I love the feel of it, and the instant shine control. The cons include: it's a bit pricey for s 25mL bottle, it doesn't last the entire day (but you can always re-apply a bit over your foundation). I think there are better quality products out there but I do enjoy using this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I don't love this product, but I don't hate this product either. I don't really have any feeling for it because it doesn't do much for me. Putting it on gives me the same results as if I didn't put it on.

It's supposed to help control oil on your skin and leave a silky finish. It does make my skin feel very smooth, but I don't notice it making a huge difference under my mineral foundation application. For oil control, it doesn't do much for my t-zone. I look and feel the same. I still get oily - no more, yet no less.

Waste of money for me because I don't need this product. I'm using it anyway because I can't bring myself to throw away $14. Maybe this would work better on less oily skin types, but for me, I can live without this product.