The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclomethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

on 10/3/2011 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My first impression was that it was a bit greasy, but it gets better when it dries and firms up. Quite pricey for the amount that you get, but I'd say it's worth the money and I've stocked up on several more. The only downside I've found is that I have to reapply it every three or four hours.

on 8/31/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really love this primer, glides on and makes my foundation look amazing and matte for hours. The packaging is a little tacky but i'm not really looking for pretty packages, only want the product to work! Can't say how impressed i am with this...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a terrible product, nothing about it is good, even the packaging is cheap and nasty, but I can forgive a product for its packaging, but I could never forgive this. It does not mattify my face, in fact it makes it look oily! It doesn't even make my make up last, it comes off after about 2/3 hours. It has a really greasy feel on my face. Probably the worst make up product I have ever brought.

on 7/30/2011 2:01:00 PM

I tried this primer for the hopes of mattifying effects coz d label says it. Its not really a mattifying primer but controls shine better than Smashbox primer. It smooths my skin and my make up glides easily with it. Its helps a little bit on keeping the shine off, the shine on my skin after applying moisturizer instantly fades when I put this on top. But like I said, it's not the mattifying effect that I wished it had. I don't see myself purchasing again coz I have several primers to choose from, they all last for a while. By the time I would want another Body Shop primer, hopefully they have a new and better one out :)

on 5/19/2011 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Did not keep my oilies at bay, did not make my MU last longer either. Stopped using this after like 4 or 5 tries.

on 5/19/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I have oily skin, and it probably keeps my skin matte for 3 hours (under liquid foundation; I find it doesn't help much under powder foundations) and then its down hill from there, blotting sheets to the rescue! The texture of this product feels like a oily serum due to all the silicones. It does make it a bit easier to apply my make-up as it leaves a thin 'film' on top for smoothness, but that doesn't mean it makes my make up last any longer. I won't repurchase.

For $14 CAD, it may be worth to try it out if you have dry/combo skin.

on 4/16/2011 4:20:00 AM

This did absolutely nothing for me... :( This was like $30 here in NZ so it was quite pricey so I really regretted buying it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Although it actually doesn't do much in terms of mattifying my skin, I like it because it helps my foundation go on much smoother and actually helps to increase the coverage. It could last a little longer, and it is a bit pricey, but I still like it and would definently re-purchase.

I like the texture of this primer really velvety and it feels nice to apply but I really dont find any benefit to using it. After about 2/3 hours after applying my skin is oily. I do have combination skin which is slightly oily around the T Zone but not too bad.

Wouldnt buy again.

on 2/10/2011 6:13:00 AM

i didnt really see a difference of using this or applying just foundation and concealer on my skin.
it doesn't tend to do what it claims to

Popular Primer/ Correctors