April 17, 2014 | 883 users online

Pressed Powders - L.A. Colors - Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bhenchodh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use cocoa as a contour which I love as it melts into my face to form beautiful cheekbones, I use natural in winter as a highlighter, tan is too greyish on my NC 30/35 color, I have not tried beige. I like the newer peekaboo packaging where u can see the color but UNFORTUNATELY the shades have changed! Now they are hideously too pink in all colors....gotta stock up on the old formulation fast!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ShaylaViolet

After going to my local Pamida, on the search for a cheap pressed powder due to my recent break out epidemic, I found this wonderful, but cheap, pressed powder. As a makeup junkie that is always on the search for new products, and also as a teen trying to conserve the cash, I was drawn to L.A. Colors Pressed Powder. I bought the tone that best suited me, beige, and as soon as I got home I experimented. It went on evenly, gave me good coverage, looked to be a more matte finish than even my high end makeup, and suited my skin tone perfectly. My blemishes were covered, my skin looked flawless, and my mood was lifted. For only a dollar you can have the look of flawless, but light coverage skin, but you get what you paid for when it comes down to the packaging. But for such an excellent product, SOMETHING has to be wrong with it, but it's reassuring to know that L.A. Colors pays more attention to their products than to their packaging labels. Lesson of the experience? Definite regular buyer after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MeganHeartsMakeup13

So I got this powder in tan ..... from the dollar store. And it is my HOLY GRAIL! This powder works better than my mac studio fix! And that was even more expensive than my la colors pressed powder. Which was $1! So this product , is just AMAZING! It lasts all day , gives me a matte finish , and lasts ALL DAY! IT IS JUST PERFECT! The ONLY bad thing bout this product is its packaging. Its so cheap looking and flimsy. But overall , the product is amazing! I've been using it for bout 2 months and I dnt need liquid foundation 4 it cuz it has great coverage! And ppl tell me I hav like flawless skin! I'm going 2 go out to buy backups lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by tkkana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i have a slight powder addiction. loose, pressed..new powder out on the market? i'm there. this is a really nice one for a dollar. it first of all comes in a shade light enough for me. and the lasting power is wonderful. it was the only part of my makeup that lasted thru the summer heat. *we will not discuss the eyeliner incident!* i use this almost everyday..i have a bad habit of not putting on my face makeup at home, but rather in the work bathroom. since it is only a dollar i wouldn't worry if i broke it. the packaging is yes, horribly flimsy, and all the writing is worn off now. but what can we truly expect for a buck? this would be great for even the girls that buy only high end to just stash in their purses. (the mirror is great!)
i really can't say enough good things about this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

"Really? You bought your pressed powder from *where*? DollarTree?" Be prepared for the laughs... that is, until you actually pull out the cheap packaging... which will then have them rolling on the floor... BUT when you go and put it on, and they see how smooth, matte and even your face becomes, without caking or streaking, they'll shut up... And when they see how long it lasts (after they've touched up a bazillion times), they'll even respect you. When they see it's cruelty free, they'll praise you. (Really, who wants to hurt bunnies??) So yeah, this may not win the style awards but it more than mades up for that in performance. FWIW, I'm a C3 and I picked up Beige and Tan which both work depending on whether I'm self tanning or not (or just want a boost of colour). The shades are surprisingly decent. I only took off one lippie for the packaging because it is really flimsy so I'll be checking through my stash to find an old compact that I can depot this into... and reuse several times because I would definitely buy these again... whether you respect me or not! :)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by mmmarzan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder because I needed something to set my tinted moisturizer and to matify my face a bit, and I got it in the color Tan. I think it's a litttle bit light for me but it isn't noticeable. I love this powder because it really controls my shine for the whole day without any touch ups and it doesn't cake up at all. The packaging isn't the greatest but it was a dollar so I don't mind. I would definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an affordable powder that I could put on to keep shine under control. I got this & it works great! I don't wear foundation & don't like anything just sitting on my skin. But this is a light powder that doesn't feel like I'm wearing something on my face. I would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good pressed powder, if you want a powder that offers some coverage. I prefer sheerer powders, but I have to say the texture of this is very silky and cosmetically elegant, especially considering it was only $1.50! The colors go on lighter than you would expect, so I ended up buying 3 before I finally settled on Tan. Cute little compact, more attractive than NYC's! Controls oil better than NYC's too! I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Im super happy with this buy because i got it at the dollar store. I use it over my concealer around my eyes and its great! The packaging it kinda cheap and flimsy but i can live with that. i would repurchase. follow me on my BLOG crazian-kifmaster.blogspot.com