October 24, 2014 | 889 users online

Pressed Powders - L.A. Colors - Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

they occasionally carry this at my local Dollar Tree and whenever it's in stock, i buy a couple. a buck for a nice powder that doesn't break me out? i usually keep extras in certain places in case i don't have any make-up with me. i love bringing these compacts to school - they're great for a quick touch-up. it's actually a quality powder, which is why i like it so much! my only complaint is that the packaging sucks. the snap is very flimsy and difficult to close and can break easily. it's a cheap plastic, but the make-up inside makes up for it. overall, i'll always buy these as long as they're being made. so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing pressed powder, and for only a dollar?! I keep wondering how this little gem isn't the most popular powder on the market. Super smooth, silky texture, and surprisingly very natural looking for a powder that offers such good coverage. I am using this in Nude or Beige, depending on how tan I am. I have very oily skin, and this powder holds up well and doesn't get all cakey with reapplication. I even like the cute packaging! I like it so much I went a bough a few backups!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by 12ain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the powders texture! I love the 'cheap' packaging too! Will re-purchase without doubt its only a dollar!! LOVE it!
~ UPDATE; NOT FOR OILY OR ACNE PRONE SKIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by cc001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this. I'm amazed how good this is. I was also skeptical about this but I really do think that this is a great powder. It doesn't cake (if you use the right amount) and there is some coverage, more than some others that are more expensive. It doesn't oxidize on me like some powders do. And this is only a dollar! Can't beat that. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. It's so flimsy I'm afraid I might break it lol. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by amspartangrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through 3 of these and I love them! They are really good powders that are only a dollar! I don't see the need in buying anything super expensive :) I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow. all i can say is wow.
i read the reviews, so i had to run to the dollar store and prove everyone wrong.. and wow. i couldnt have been more wrong! this powder works better then any i have tried.. in every price range. i bought it in beige.. as they only had 3 colors to choose from. it goes on so silky smooth, even my boyfriend noticed a difference in the way my face looked. it covered old blemish scars instantly. i was weary of the color, but it actually works for my fair-medium skin tone.
the only flaw in this product is the useless sponge it comes with. it looks and feels like something you would use when packaging an appliance. but it worked for my first try. i plan on using it with a brush or an old sponge from a covergirl powder.
this may be the best dollar i ever spent!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bhenchodh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use cocoa as a contour which I love as it melts into my face to form beautiful cheekbones, I use natural in winter as a highlighter, tan is too greyish on my NC 30/35 color, I have not tried beige. I like the newer peekaboo packaging where u can see the color but UNFORTUNATELY the shades have changed! Now they are hideously too pink in all colors....gotta stock up on the old formulation fast!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ShaylaViolet

After going to my local Pamida, on the search for a cheap pressed powder due to my recent break out epidemic, I found this wonderful, but cheap, pressed powder. As a makeup junkie that is always on the search for new products, and also as a teen trying to conserve the cash, I was drawn to L.A. Colors Pressed Powder. I bought the tone that best suited me, beige, and as soon as I got home I experimented. It went on evenly, gave me good coverage, looked to be a more matte finish than even my high end makeup, and suited my skin tone perfectly. My blemishes were covered, my skin looked flawless, and my mood was lifted. For only a dollar you can have the look of flawless, but light coverage skin, but you get what you paid for when it comes down to the packaging. But for such an excellent product, SOMETHING has to be wrong with it, but it's reassuring to know that L.A. Colors pays more attention to their products than to their packaging labels. Lesson of the experience? Definite regular buyer after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MeganHeartsMakeup13

So I got this powder in tan ..... from the dollar store. And it is my HOLY GRAIL! This powder works better than my mac studio fix! And that was even more expensive than my la colors pressed powder. Which was $1! So this product , is just AMAZING! It lasts all day , gives me a matte finish , and lasts ALL DAY! IT IS JUST PERFECT! The ONLY bad thing bout this product is its packaging. Its so cheap looking and flimsy. But overall , the product is amazing! I've been using it for bout 2 months and I dnt need liquid foundation 4 it cuz it has great coverage! And ppl tell me I hav like flawless skin! I'm going 2 go out to buy backups lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by tkkana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i have a slight powder addiction. loose, pressed..new powder out on the market? i'm there. this is a really nice one for a dollar. it first of all comes in a shade light enough for me. and the lasting power is wonderful. it was the only part of my makeup that lasted thru the summer heat. *we will not discuss the eyeliner incident!* i use this almost everyday..i have a bad habit of not putting on my face makeup at home, but rather in the work bathroom. since it is only a dollar i wouldn't worry if i broke it. the packaging is yes, horribly flimsy, and all the writing is worn off now. but what can we truly expect for a buck? this would be great for even the girls that buy only high end to just stash in their purses. (the mirror is great!)
i really can't say enough good things about this.