August 21, 2014 | 2125 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this product! I bought it for my mom on her birthday after reading the reviews on sephora. I really wanted to like this but my mom stopped using it entirly as it gave her huge dry patches of skin but oilier skin! I tried it for myself and the serum is extremely oily and the pads are are stiff and scratchy,they feel like push pins and sand paper on my skin so now the patches are both dry and extremely oily! Will not repurchase as my mom didn't even see any results beside a few brown spots slightly faded

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LeahLoo

I gave this 3 lippies because I am still on the fence. It has helped with a few fine lines and my skin texture seems smoother. But I haven't noticed much difference in the appearance of my pores. I did experience a few blemishes in the first week, but they were gone pretty quickly and I haven't had any since (now on week 6).

My other issue is the pads. I feel like a lot of the product is wasted on them. I have to wonder how much is going in the trash and not on my skin.

All that said, while I have seen some improvement, I am not sure it's worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to read reviews where people said something made them break-out and think gee, aren't I lucky that never happens to me. Until now that is. I broke out with zits after using these for a week!!!! I haven't had a zit in probably 4 years and after using these, I got one large one on my chin and another one on my jaw and another one forming on my cheek. I have never used a retinol product that ever did that to me. And these aren't cheap either. I found it to be somewhat oily but I have used other serums that went on kinda oily and never had any break-out issues. I'll stick to skinceuticals 1.0 retinol night treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Swiftyriver

I love Miracle Worker! My melasma has faded dramatically in the first month of using the pads. The small spot on my forehead is gone, and the two large spots on my cheeks have faded so that they are no longer the first thing I notice when I look in the mirror. I have had no problems with the product drying my skin like so many retinoid products can. Definitely will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by wenwellanz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for 3 weeks now and I have really noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. It is much smoother and I think the fine wrinkles are disappearing. However, I have not noticed a difference in pore size. It has not caused me to breakout. I think it definitely has helped my 45 year old skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by annemj

I have used this now for 4 nights along with Miracle Worker moisturizer. Let me preface this with the fact that I have never been a big night product person and have only recently started using even low level retinoids and not religiously. I also have sensitive skin and, for my age, really nice skin. I started using the product due to some weight loss and wanting to avoid as much as possible new wrinkles appearing.

I have not noticed any change in the appearance of my skin yet and don't expect to for a while (and if it's working while I am losing weight, no change would be just fine), but as of yesterday morning (after the 3rd use), my skin texture feels better -- softer and smoother I would credit the moisturizer, but I have used it a couple of times during the day, and it made no difference to me. I will do an experiment with just the moisturizer some night soon and see if I awaken the same and return to this review when I do. But I have no complaints or breakouts yet (and I break out very, very easily).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by NordsdtromAddicted

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a huge Philosophy fan. I've been using Purity for years (though admittedly, only in the am when I'm not wearing makeup). This company has my trust, so I really want to like this product, but I'm about halfway through my retinoid pads, and I don't see any difference yet. I tried it at Sephora when a Philosophy rep was there. It felt super-oily, but she said that was the "method of delivery", and it would dry very quickly. And it does, it doesn't remain greasy. It's made to be gentle since some people have drying with Retinol products such as Roc. One thing I realized...I only gave packaging 2 lippies because it seems to waste the product. I think if I *do* buy it again, I won't pour the fluid onto the cotton pads. What are they even for? Do they begin an exfoIiation step? I can do that with another product to make the expense worth it. I suggest applying it directly with fingers, sort of like Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. After all, if retinol is anti-aging, that works for skin everywhere, fingertips included, right?

But all-in-all, I'm not sure I'll buy this again. Fortunately, I took photos prior to starting this jar, so I will take pics at the end and then compare. I'll keep you posted, but so far....meh.

Will update when I finish the jar of pads. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 7:02:00 AM More reviews by jadedgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product over 4 weeks ago and honestly I don't see much improvement in pore size or wrinkle reduction. There were so many rave reviews on Sephora.com.I had very little acne scarring and have noticed that the clarity is better. I did break out but I heard this common with retinoids. I don't have many wrinkles but I am noticing faint laugh lines and eyebrow furrow. I assumed since they were very faint that the product would be a little more helpful. I don't think I will purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by scout28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I still can't figure out if this is doing anything for my skin. I know products take time but I'm feeling nothing from this. I can't believe it's received so many positive reviews on sephora.com. I'm still going to keep trying. It can get a really oily/greasy feel when I apply it which I wasn't expecting from this product and definitely don't like.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by sphere99

I am undecided on this. I REALLY want to like it. The reviews on Sephora are amazing but I have been using it now for about 3 weeks and haven't noticed anything! I asked my son (10) if I look 10 years younger yet, he looked very closely and said well maybe a couple of years....