October 25, 2014 | 934 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Shimmer Palette

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by meeki08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have come to generally dislike E.L.F. products, except this one. This is one of the only E.L.F products I will probably use all of and actually want to purchase again. I've been looking for a good highlighter for awhile but disliked most of the drugstore brands. I am Asian American so it's been hard to find one that actually compliments my skin tone and looks natural in photographs or close up versus just making it completely obvious that I put something on my brow bone or on the inside corner of my eyes.

The shimmer palette is super nice because it comes with four different colors, although they are very similar like some of the other reviews have said, I could tell the difference between each color when you put them on. What I really like about the palette is how easily the colors blend (this is a cream versus pressed powder) and how long it lasts when applied. I would suggest in buying a better brush (I HATE E.L.F's brushes, they never do me any good).

Overall, this shimmer palette is a worthwhile buy and will look good on most anyone because of how sheer the colors are when the cream is blended in properly. It's just enough oomph.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

This is definitely my favorite elf product! I've regretted a lot of the stuff I've bought from them, but this is a great cream highlighter. I have the Boots highlighter, which was $15 and I get a lot more use out of this. I use the white shade to highlight my inner corner, the pinks on my cheeks and the tan on my forehead and on the bridge of my nose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a really handy product. It is a palette of 4 colors that all have a pearly glow. The texture is really fine and soft and a lot creamier than e.l.f.'s cream eyeshadows (the regular and studio ones). It can be used as an eyeshadow but it creased on me so I don't recommend it. The main purpose of this product however is highlighting different areas on your face. It's a lot handier than the facial whips (and even the color sticks) and it features four colors which are suitable for all skin tones, even really fair ones like me. The packaging is amazing for such a cheap product, you even get a brush plus the lid has a small window for you to see what container you are holding. Love it and would repurchase.

BTW if you like the colors of the e.l.f. shimmering facial whips but hate the packaging/consistency buy this palette instead...the first two colors are identical to the whips in the colors ''Spotlight'' and ''Lilac petal'', the next two are probably ''Toasted'' and ''Pink lemonade'' but I don't own them so I can't compare).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

A miss in series of Elf hits and misses. 4 creamy colours in a row, similar enough to be one colour. This to me is not a defination of a good hightlighter. Greases as a eyeshadow base. 1 lippie for being cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by shalunya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Am loving this as a highlighter and an eye shadow base. No creasing, blends easily and I love the shades! Will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Found this at Kmart for $3.00. I'd been looking for a highlighter forever and didn't want to spend a lot - and these popped up at the perfect time.

Love that you get four colors to choose from - I use all of them, and I'm cool toned and quite pale. Lots of shimmer, easily blended, and I love the little brush for applying to my eye area.

The only downside: they don't last long on me. I may try setting them with a light dusting of powder, but generally cream highlighters last maybe an hour or two, no matter which brand I try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my HGs, and I think this may also be one of ELF's best products. The colors are pigmented and vibrant, and yes, super shimmery. I just dip my finger in them and putthem on my face, but they'd work well with a brush, too. They are very creamy so they blend easily. All of the colors are amazing, but I find myself using the pink one most often. I usually use it in place of blush, which I find useful because it gives me both color and shimmer. The colors look amazing when used on the nose and inner corners of the eye as well. I've had this for about three months, I've been using it everyday and I still haven't hit the bottom of the pan on any of the colors.

If you are debating whether to buy this or not, definitely buy it. Heck, buy two because they are so cheap and so, so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if this palette comes in a variety but I purchased 'Sheer Sunrise'. I'm pleased with the colors, very pretty and super blend-able. I use this to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and/or the bridge of my nose. I'm a sucker for pink so the pink shade is my favorite. I've had this for over a year and it hasn't dried out yet so I'd say this is a great buy for $3. I wouldn't recommend using these as an eyeshadow base bc I tried to use it like that over a primer and I still creased.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by nicotina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. The colours are lovely and they give a really nice glow. I just dab a little product along my brow bone and I'm done. It lasts for ages, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahbaby0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where has this been all my life? and for $3!??! It gives my skin such a dewy fresh look with just the right amount of shimmer. I put on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose over my tinted moisturizer and underneath of my bronzer. Look's gorgeous I am in love :)