February 28, 2015 | 2047 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this, it's gorgeous and makes my skin glow. I use it all over my face to brighten it up. It definitely is not a bronzer for me, and I'm pretty fair (NC10). I could use it as a highlighter even, but I prefer to use something a little lighter to highlight. This is beautiful for fair skinned neutral to warm skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by robinb63

I picked this up after seeing it on Youtube as a dupe for higher-end highlighters. I am very impressed by the beautiful gold glow/shine it gives your skin without looking looking really powdery, cake-y or obnoxious. I'm very happy I purchased this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

for reference, my skin's normal, NC10-ish, leaning a bit lighter at times, with a neutral undertone.

I love this as a bronzer/highlighter for my cheekbone area, and at my temples and lightly down my nose. it's not very pigmented at all, which is great for us pale people! For that reason I add a few layers to my cheeks, and even then its still not BAM! BRONZER! its just nice and glowy. For more tan people, i'll bet they could even use it as a highlighter.

my favorite part is that it's not sparkly AT ALL! It has an almost-metallic look, but nothing over the top. It doesn't go on chalky, either. After finding this (thanks again, MUA!) I'm not even going to bother looking at other bronzers ever again, thats how happy I am with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this for probably two weeks now, but I wanted to give it a fair shot before I officially reviewed it. I was in desperate need of a good highlighter to complete my collection (for the time being), and came upon this on Pinterest. I reaaaaallly wanted to try Nars' Albatross, but truth be told, the 28 or so bucks just wasn't, and still isn't in my budget. After seeing all of the swatches and reading the MUA reviews, I bit the bullet and went for it.

The first time I gave it a go, I went a little overboard. i've watched a lot of YT tutorials using this, and so I went about it the same way they did. In my bathroom mirror, it looked fine..but when I got in my bedroom and looked in my mirrors, in brighter lighting, I looked SO washed out and pale! I had to wash off my entire face of makeup, and start all over again...15 minutes in the trash..I was really disappointed.

A few days later, i decided to try it a different way. The first time I used it on my cheekbones, forehead, and cupid's bow...this next time, I generously, yet modestly put it on my highlight underneath my eyes where my concealer was, and it brightened INSTANTLY! It was like...slightly orgasmic for me, and I fell in love.

I use it almost everyday..with whichever concealer...sometimes if I know I won't be out long, I set my concealer with it rather than using a powder as well. I'm glad i didn't get discouraged and return it, instead found a way to work with it. Love it. but I will still be buying Albatross when I get the chance! I like options. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The closest and best quality dupe for the MAC mineralised skin finishes (the golden toned of them), I have both and I still find myself reaching for this one instead of the MAC one. Really beautiful on the skin and gives a real sunkissed look if brushed on the cheekbones - terrible as a bronzer though but as people have said before this is obviously a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by JillianMoore528

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Although it's labeled as a "bronzer" , we can pretty much conclude it's a highlighter . This is my holy grail highlighter when I don't feel like using Nars "albatross". Gives the most natural glow on my skin and I always get complements on how healthy my skin looks when I use it. Will definitely re- purchase xx

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by IttsVee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. Definately will repurchase whenever i run outt. Gives a nice glow. Juss the right amount and nott 2 much. Perfect when using ayy matte foundation. Buyy Buyy Buyy!♥

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- gives subtle glow
- a lot of products
- stays on

Cons

- not a bronzer

Comment: Great for use as a highlighter. The shimmer is pretty subtle, which I like. It's not overbearing. Pan will last a long time.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by andreatexi

Okay so I was in Wal-Mart and came across this brand of Hard Candy that I have never ever seen before. I was really intrigued and came across this 'bronzer'... Let me tell you I defenitely don't use it as a bronzer but I use it as a highlight for my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, and my Cupid's bow and I have actually even tried it for eyeshadow and man does this make your skin glowing and gorgeous. I think it's a great dupe for Mac's soft and gentle as it is so so pigmented and very inexpensive. I think I paid $7 for a lot of product that I know will last me a while.. And it's baked which is a plus!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

This product is great as a highlighter for cheeks and brow bone. No it's not great for bronzing but if you wanna add a bit of pop to a matte bronzer just mix together. To many people on here are far to concerned over the fact that this is marketed as a bronzer. I'm sure for some skin tones this will add colour. I hear that it's a dupe for Mac skin finish soft and gentle I have never used that but from what I can tell with how it looks on me and how the Mac looks on others it definitely seems similar. I think I paid $9 for this at Walmart and a little goes along way so you for sure get your money's worth. It really does add a nice glow to your face and since most products I use are matte it's nice to have some sort of a glow that doesn't make me look like my face is melting.
Only cons are on me personally it makes my pores appear larger and if you drop it your screwed.
So if your looking for a good cheap high lighter and especially if your new to the highlighting world this is definitely a great product to pick up. :) xo