October 31, 2014 | 1181 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product. Is is a totally life changing, HG concealer? No. But it more than does the job and it's 8 bucks. Not bad.

However, there definitely seems to be a right and wrong way to apply this and that may be where people are running into problems.

Microclear dries to a powder finish VERY quickly upon application so you'd better be ready to blend it RIGHT AWAY.

If you don't, yeah- it's going to look like cheap and cakey.

The other complaint people have is that the formula is very thin. And it is.

But I think that's actually good- because if applied correctly, you'll just have nice subtle coverage rather than heavy, caked on concealer that TELEGRAPHS your acne problems to the world!

Remember when I said before that the trick is to blend? Well I lied. The trick is to *gently* STIPPLE. Preferably with some kind of sponge. The results will be pretty seamless and you'll look like you've got clear skin.

If you just blend aggressively, you're going to rub the product clear off your face!

We don't want that.

Once you've mastered the application, the pros of Microclear really outweigh the cons:

*It's cheap
*You can buy it anywhere if you run out
*The coverage is effective but subtle

And, best of all.....

*It doesn't cause breakouts and it really does seem to calm down existing spots.

When I wash my makeup off at night, I'm usually pleased to see that some of my bigger, cystic zits are on their way out. And I think I have Microclear to thank for that!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ThiaLou

I was so excited to use this product, I had high hopes
but it let me down
the coverage is horrible!
It doesnt hide blemishes what so ever!!
It cakes soon after drying!
and the sponge on the tip is horrible at blending

I tried it once but never will I but it again

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by danceordie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay let me start off by saying I am always looking for a good concealer. I have horrible cystic acne. So a concealer that not only covers up my problems and kills them was great. Right? Wrong, this did nothing. It didn't cover squat. It caked over my slightly inflamed/raised zits. It had a very watery consistency. It also didn't kill any of my zits. Even the small ones. GRR! Also the packaging it horrendous! It has a hard sponge applicator. Not very sanitary. And it hurt. I don't know why but when ever I put the applicator to my face it hurt. Not something I want touching my zits. Overall this product sucked! At least for me.
Have fun shopping!
Dance or Die- Shakira

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by eeeee

In my never-ending battle with acne, I decided to get a concealer that would at least not cause any more zits. My face used to have a horrendous cycle where a certain part of my face would get a zit in the same place all the time, and I finally put two and two together and figured it was probably the concealers I was using.

Since using this concealer, I've been able to cover my zits without the fear of them endlessly recurring in the same place, although it doesn't seem to actually treat them. The coverage is semi-sheer, so I have to layer it on which works well enough for me, but doesn't cover completely.

Make sure the area you apply it to isn't flaky or dry as this will make it worse. It's doesn't come in many shades, but surprisingly I was able to match one to my skin tone if it's blended in well.
Not a big fan of the packaging. It comes in this twist tube that eventually gets the product to the sponge tip. Sometimes in my haste (because it sometimes takes a painstakingly long amount of time for the product to appear) I twist too much which means product gets wasted. Also, I apply with my finger tips instead of the sponge tip because I foresee it otherwise becoming full of bacteria from applying to spots with acne.

All in all, I would definitely repurchase, at least until my war with acne is won.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AsalynaC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HATE IT! Would not buy it again! For some reason, Neutrogena products just make me break out! I want to like it... But my skin hates it! This concealer did not help my acne and it made me break out more. I don't think I will buy anymore Neutrogena product! IT'S EATING MY $$$!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by madipritt

i love this! it is so fabulous, it doesn't really help my breakouts but it also doesn't necessarily cause them. It conceals pretty well but you can still see the blemish a little. I love the way the stick is though because i can just throw it in my bag and apply it super easily during passing periods, or after gym when i need to just freshen up. I would definitely buy this product again

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by alibugbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i will not be re purchasing this product because its the sheerist concealer ive ever used! i got it to cover up and help with my annoying teenage acne but it nether! total fail!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't ask that Neutrogena change a thing about this concealer! It has helped me in my worst times of breakouts/ healing breakouts when everything is all scabby and nasty. It covers a zit that's in any stage of appearing or healing. There are about 4 or 5 shades available in it. I have the color in 'fair'. I want to go shade lighter in a few months when I have to buy a new one. I love the stick concealer concept, and it works well to throw in my purse and go. I can conceal whenever. It stays on very well too throughout the day. I put some on, and if it's gonna be a long day, I put some powder over the concealer, and I am set for the rest of the day. LOVE ,LOVE, LOVE. This will NEVER cause a breakout. It won't help much for the zit/s , but it doesn't hurt a thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by MoonChild02

I have been using Neutrogena products for the past several years, and they have helped me so much. Now when I reach for my base makeup (and I'm not going on stage), I reach for my Neutrogena. Anything else makes my break-outs worse. This concealer does a great job at hiding my worst zits.

The one thing that I don't like about this concealer is the fact that I can't use it as an under-eye concealer. Since it's made to dry out blemishes, it cakes up and dries out the skin under my eyes. Otherwise, I really have no complaints with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by KinFaith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this concealer. I cannot express enough how this wonderful concealer has come to my rescue SO many times and saved me from embarrasment. I find it to work well on redness, and scabs from picked blemishes (yeah, thats me, the zit picker). Seriously it covers! And it lasts all day. It never turns cakey and never looks orangey. It may be a little pricey for DS, BUT it lasts a longggg time! I have used this so many times on so many areas too, and I still have some after 2 and a half months of nearly every day use. I love it. It has been a life saver. Trust me on this one. I bought mine in the color 'fair'. It was a little too light for me back in September, but now that winter is nearing and I'm getting paler, its working for me. Love it, love it, love it. Have nothing bad to say about it except that I wish they had a bigger selection of color for skin tones.