April 17, 2014 | 904 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

It's an okay mascara, TOTALLY not worth the hype. My mom didn't really like it so she gave it to me, and I don't have the longest lashes, they work fine. No complaints, but it doesn't do wonders for my lashes. Wouldn't use it alone, better off just curling my eyelashes and not applying mascara sometimes. Also overpriced.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by TheBirthdayMassacre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smh. I use this on top of Great Lash, and together they look amazing. On its own, the Falsies don't look bad, but it is definitely more of a volumizing mascara than a lengthening one. It can get clumpy at times, and for a non-waterproof formula, it's got pretty good staying power. (Though, to be fair, Maybelline mascaras in general have at least a decent amount of staying power.) I can't wait to use both this and Great Lash up, I want to buy a new mascara by a brand that doesn't test on animals (I'm transitioning into all cruelty-free products).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the hype with this mascara, it's horrible! It smeared like crazy, and clumped my lashes together. As I blinked throughout the day, most of it ended up on my under eyes. The wand is flat on one side, and hard to use. I now use Benefit's They're Real mascara, but I used to use drug store mascara, and this is one of the worst ones i've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is so so... at first i loved it. It applies with ease makes my lashes appear long and full... BUT i have to be careful when using a liquid liner it tend to dry on my laser a bit so it makes the mascara clumpy looking. It does not wash off as easy as others I've used

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

I have typical asian lashes: thin and straight. I wanted to buy the waterproof one, because my mascara always tends to smudge underneath my eyes, but I didnt find one: I own the normal one. Plus, I accidently bought the shade dark brown :$ But its still nice, no complaints.

FIRST COAT: gives length and a little bit of volume, without clumping lashes together.
SECOND COAT: A little but more length and much more volume, but definitely clumps lashes together.

Pros:
-Gives very good length! Pretty impressed by that
-Gives OKAY volume...I mean, its not that impressive.
-DOES NOT SMUDGE! It is the first and only mascara that does not smudge on me, even though its not waterproof! (On lower and top lashes)
-Even though it does not smudge, its not hard to remove.
-The wand is curved

Cons:
-It totally does not hold my curls... I always have to curl my lashes again...Too time consuming.
-The wand is quite big for lower lashes and lashes close to tear duck

DOES IT GIVE THE "FALSIES LASHES"?
I dont think so. But its definately a good mascara, except for the fact that it uncurls the lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by levie

i love this product. it is the only one that i have been using for the past 5 months. it lengthens ur eyelashes and makes them look so long! totally recommend this

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by gwaylock

Best mascara ever. Makes your eyelashes dark and very thick! I have short eyelashes but I always get complimented while wearing this! Some may it's clumpy, but as long as you seperate them before with a dry brush or an old mascara they're perfect! Love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Ajimenez531

Awesome mascara. The formula is great doesn't weigh down my lashes, the brush gives my already long lashes even more length and volume. One of the best mascaras in the drugstore. No need to splurge on high end mascaras with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by chanelgrunge

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been my favourite mascara for a long time compared to other mascaras that I've used in the past. It gives my eyelashes volume and makes them appear longer and more noticeable. I usually apply a few coats and it lasts for the whole day. Also i like the wand as you can turn it easily when applying to lashes and it doesn't irritate them which is good. The only downside to this mascara is that it can clump and flake a tiny bit but that's only if you put heaps of layers on…overall i think it's a good and cheap mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by aubrila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okkk. So, the first time I used this, I loved it. It gives great volume and expanded my eyelashes greatly. The only downside was it did clump a bit and it was SO hard to get off. Most mascaras are, but this one was honestly the hardest one to get off out of any others that I've tried. (especially the waterproof version of this.) My eyelashes were literally falling out trying to get it to gently come off, even after a shower.
The reason why I only give it 2 stars now is because whatever reason, the past few ones I have bought must be old or defective or something, because they suck! The solution was pretty much dried out, and it just didn't work at all. It was awful.
So now, unfortunately I do not trust this mascara, which is a shame, because it really was very nice the first time. I will never buy this again.