Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 12/2/2014 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This sucks so bad. I don't know why many people liked it. I wonder why it didn't work for me. I have nice lashes and I know how to apply mascara.

The first coat, lengthened, but it didn't darken, at all. They were just as thin looking as if without no mascara on them. The second coat made them go straight (and my lashes are curly) and the third coat made them very clumpy. With other mascaras I only do two, I tried three coats with this once since it didn't make a difference with two. I'm pissed! it cost me nine bucks and I can't return it :[

on 11/28/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible. Clumped and didn't volumize or lengthin

on 11/27/2014 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara did not add any length at all. My lashes were all stuck together & were very short but very very black.
I did not like this mascara & would not buy it again.

on 11/20/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like this mascara, it adds length and volume. I actually had someone ask if i did have false lashes on!!

on 11/19/2014 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Everytime I buy this mascara, I get compliments from girls asking me what mascara I use, and if they're real. guys to tell me I have nice long lashes. This product is cheap, but it works really well. My lashes a naturally thick, but I normally go for a ton of length and volume. I use the original formula on my top lashes and the waterproof formula on the bottom. Gives amazing results, fake looking lashes everytime. I've used this multiple times over the years, but like everything it doesn't work for everyone. My mom tried it and hated it, my best friend used it and loved it. I guess it really is personal, but since it's so cheap why not give it a try!

on 11/14/2014 6:32:00 PM

I love this mascara, it does clump or flake! I find that with most mascaras I try (ranging from ELF to LancĂ´me) I can't ever layer them enough with out major clumps to get the dramatic effect I am looking for. This mascara actually gives me the beautiful volume and length I am looking for, with out the nasty clumps. Love it.

on 11/13/2014 1:15:00 AM

I don't understand the low reviews! I have shorter, sparse lashes that stubbornly won't curl up, but this mascara is amazing! (and I have tried many mascaras in search of one that will work: clinique, estee, several japanese mascaras, loreal). It builds up without being clumpy and lasts all day. My lashes looked way big and vivid after applying, even without a lash curler. I think what helps is applying each layer as the mascara is still wet, not waiting for it to dry before applying next layer. The non-waterproof formula is very easy to remove, which is a definite plus.

Maybelline mascaras are known for working well, and this one is just as good as Maybelline colossal volume. I find the brushes are good at being finer, so they can reach each lash strand.

on 11/12/2014 8:39:00 PM

It's easy to give a mascara one star when you apply three coats of it on, and you still look as if you didn't apply any mascara at all. Maybe I got a bad sample or something, but there's no way I'm buying this mascara again just to see if it's good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Just meh... did nothing much and didn't stick to my eyelashes, whether or not I primed them. Definitely did not look like I had falsies on... but that's my fault for being drawn by the cute purple colour of the tube and the glamorous mascara name.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This mascara gives my lashes great length and volume. It doesn't clump or flake. Definitely my favourite mascara!