October 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by meri86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not absolutely sure about this foundation... :S
I like the texture a lot, and the velvety matte finish ( that lasts 3 hours, more or less). The problem is that I think this clogs pores a bit and I can use it just in summer, because the lightest color sold in my country is 84, and in winter makes me orange ¬¬
I like it, quite good for the 13 euro I payed, but I haven't found my HG yet. Woth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by bangton

Finally! A foundation that I am 100% happy with.
Everything I have ever tried has had some flaw..from making my skin oily to not enough coverage. Poor durability to breakouts...the list goes on.
This one is totally different ... brilliant coverage, velvety soft, easy to blend and my skin looks and feels flawless.
Best of all I havent broken out and I don't feel greasy a few hrs after wearing it.
I seriously couldnt be happier and I finally think I can stop searching 'for something better' when it comes to foundation.
Top marks!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Fiore19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good foundation, with a couple of downsides.
First off, it gives medium coverage. My skin is relatively good with a few red spots here and there, but no major acne or acne scars. This covers up the redness well - my skintone is more even. My skin looks natural and I don't need any touchups during the day, which is a use plus. I hate cakeyness.
The downsides: I dislike the smell, and if you have dry skin, beware for flakyness. It def. emphasizes dry patches, not unlike many other foundations.
The price is on the high side for a drugstore foundation, but as a student I do not have the money to buy high end products and this does the job well. I'd repurchase, but always make sure that it's on sale when doing so.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by wavwil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product when I stayed in France, because I thought that the French high standard might apply to their makeup. When I tried some of the foundation on my hand before purchasing it, it felt absolutely wonderful--smooth and creamy, and light. Plus, it had about half the number of chemical ingredients in US counterparts.

After using it a few times however I decided that this is one of the worst foundations I've used. Since my skin is oily (except the cheek area), I didn't think expect the foundation to get cakey, but it does, ESPECIALLY in the t-zone. The foundation just doesn't apply evenly.

Until I find a better foundation I'll just stick to Revlon Colorstay.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by min1883

shade 81

i don't even remember why i bought this product... i think i got it during one of my retail therapy sessions lol... i tried it on and loved the soft, light and fluffy texture... and it was 50% off so i thought what the heck... :p anyway i was really surprised how much i liked this product because i don't normally use drug store foundations...

i mainly use this for touch ups because i find mineral foundations too drying... but sometimes i can get away with it in summer... i use my sponge because it didn't come with a brush and it gives a pretty good sheer to medium coverage which i like... :D the size is good for traveling and i'll probably get it again if i run out...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by burleighgirly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the idea of this makeup, as one reviewer has already said, a mineral foundation in a mouse. While it goes on well (I use a sponge) I am prone to a dry t-zone and it doesn't like this makeup at all. Two minutes after application, flakiness everywhere. Even when I think that my t-zone is fine and I can get away with it, I can't. I think this makeup would work well for people with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by millymill

The Good
Amazingly easy to apply, especially with the mini kabuki that is supposed to come with it (but must be bought seperately here) just go round in circular motions and it is evenly spread in a very short time:) Moreover it is also very travel friendly since it is mousse, no spill, no powdery bits flying everywhere. Coverage is medium to heavy and it positively glides on to my skin leaving it really smooth and matte looking without looking unnatural. The great thing too is that it has a wonderfully light texture, no need to sacrifice coverage to allow your skin to feel like it can breathe:))))))

The Bad
As mentioned before, pathetic colour selection. AND THE SMELL. I swear the smell is enough to break this item. It is the kinda smell that you either like, or you hate it to bits. I unfortunately hate it and it makes me slightly nauseous if i keep breathing it in. And even when its on my face I can still smell it. Ewww...I can stand plasticky-cosmetics smell, but this psuedo rose-like smell thing is just horrible:(

All in all if you do find your colour match and you can stand the smell, go ahead and purchase it by all means. It is abit on the pricey side, but I do love the texture and the ease of application because its really a dream in those aspects:) but be forewarned that this is really MATTE and dont expect anything less than a very matte finish unless you have immensely oily skin. It isn't like all those matte foundations that finish off looking dewy...this one does really live up to its "matte" name

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by jenicek

I've tried many different HE foundations and tinted moisturizers in the past but I found them to be too caky, unnatural, heavy, or too orange for me. But I learned about this foundation on youtube how to videos, and this is perfect! Absolutely love it. I have large pores, acne-pore, combination skin (very oily T zone and very dry cheeks and around mouth). This makes my skin look so beautiful yet so natural! It feels like I have nothing on and the application is so easy - very airy and light yet light-medium coverage. I highly recommend this product for anyone who gave up on foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by tatouchs

This is perfect! I have really oily skin with very large pores and this baby works miracle for me. It hides imperfections ( I don't use concealer) and gives my skin a very smooth look. I'm repurchasing this until i come across a better one (is it possible?, I wonder).
Cons: Very expensive here in Brazil. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Zonzee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good side:
I was very surprised how good this foundation looks after using it over a thick layer of moisture cream (I'm using Nivea Soft). I like how you can use a tiny amount on your fingertip to cover any blemishes or redness. The brush is amazing, so soft and most important- very effective. I like the amount of product, my last lasted for over a month and a half. You need only one dip to cover (lightly) your nose or dark circles.
Bad side:
Skin looks natural, fresh, but sometimes too dry, or too shiny. It's so disappointing that the brush doesn't come in some fine box (it comes in plastic packaging, but I ruined mine by carrying it in a makeup bag) or with a cap. And, I don't know if this is ordinary, but I've noticed some black or grey dots in foundation, like something isn't mixed well, or I don't know... I just hate when foundation doesn't look perfect in a packaging. That's the main thing why I'm giving up on this product.
If anyone knows what is that, please let me know. I've found that in all the 3 products that I bought, all in 81 tone.

(sorry, my english is a bit bad... :) )