August 27, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - ColorIcon Palette in Lust [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by foxforce45

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Fantastic! The color's are beautiful and rich. It's long wearing which is unusual for my eyelids. You can't beat the price. I would have never tried it if I didn't read these reviews because I never would have expected WnW to have such a great product. It just goes to show you don't have to spend big $$ to get good products. I have also bought the brown palette too which is also great.

**update...Discountinued?? Must be :( Can no longer find it. Seems to have been replaced with a larger palette with more colours...still same great product, just larger packaging now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by fluttergurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Omg. Thats all i can say. I am incredibly impressed with this palette. I have not purchased any wnw products since the 8th grade or so; they just had a terrible reputation..but rite aid was having a bogo on wnw so i thought wth. So i took this home and holy moly, the pigmentation is siiiickkk!! I actually like this five dollar palette better than some of my HE palettes. The last power is great and for five bucks, you need to go out and get all these color icon palettes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by AmyAngel96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hoping for good things from this palette, after reading so many good reviews of it, but I am very disappointed. The lighter colors can be chalky, the pigmentation is just OK, and the darker ones especially were very powdery and soft with tons of fallout and seemed to smudge all over rather than blend. They are much harder to work with than the higher end shadows I have AND my slightly more expensive drugstore shadows.

The colors are pretty in the palette and swatch decently, but in use they just don't work well for me. I don't have time to go cleaning up a huge mess on my face after doing my eyeshadow, I need it to go on reasonably easily, at least mostly stay where I put it and not lose it's shimmer or streak when it's blended. I'm sure I could finesse this into a nice look, but my other shadows take half the time and don't require major cleanup!

For the price (and I got it as a BOGO) I wasn't expecting miracles, but I was hoping for "usable" at least. I'm going to keep trying it since I almost never throw anything away, but I don't see myself using this much and definitely won't re-buy. I'll be wary of other WNW shadow palettes as well... there will have to be a great sale for me to even consider them.

EDIT - I upgraded this to 2 lippies, for one reason - the pale pink matte shadow on the upper left. It seems to me to be fairly close to the color of Benefit's High Brow pencil (on me at least), and I've been using it for the same purpose as High Brow. It seems to work well for me for that purpose. I've tried the rest of the palette again and again... still goes on blotchy, doesn't blend well (over primer or alone), the sparkly brownish black goes on as plain black, still has fallout issues and all of the darker colors look flat (and a little bruisey) on, no shimmer or dimension made it to my eye. There is ok pigmentation (too much in the top right white, for me, it looks stark and chalky; the others go on either sheer or too heavy yet streaky) though they don't all look like they do in the pan, and I still find this just doesn't work well enough for me to ever reach for it for more than to dab that one pale pink lightly under my brow.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors are pretty the middle purple is my fav the two dark colors for my taste is two dark they are almost black. The pigmentation on these is good, the lasting power sucks, after three hours it was so faded so for that reason I would buy it again but Ill use it until Im done.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by klarababexx

i have hazel eyes, meaning that this variation of colors definitely makes my eyes pop. when i first purchased this palette & swatched the colors i thought to myself, "how am i going to pull these colors off?" then i found a beautiful way of wearing them. i use the light peach-pink color in the top left hand side on the lid, the white-cream color on the top right side as the highlight, the medium purple color in the middle left hand side on the outer corner & the dark shimmery purple in the crease. the colors are so pigmented & goregous. i don't like the flat shader brush included with the product considering that mine broke within the first few days, but the blending brush is great! i use it to apply my crease colors. i love this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've dragged my feet about buying this product ever since it came out. I simply could not persuade myself to buy what looked like another run-of-the-mill set of purple shadows. Boy, was I wrong!! These shadows are top notch quality, silky smooth, and PIGMENTED!! They certainly rival the quality of MAC at an ncredibly low price! They blend easily and don't fade to nothing like other drugstore shadows. And like I mentioned before they are quite soft. It's so hard to find quality matte shades, and thus palette gives three! The other three have a slight shimmer to them but aren't glittery. I'll be able to come up with a variety of looks with this palette, and I'll definitely repurchase when I run out! Five stars for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by kissliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh impulse buy I love thee! <3 haha, I bought these at the grocery store last night - I was sucked in by the cheap price and the beautiful colors.

I have moderately green eyes (they aren't hazel, but they don't scream green either) - when I wear these they SCREAM green! Love it!

I used the darkest matte purple across the lid, the bright violet purple in the center, and the matte pink in the inner corner. Absolutely beautiful effect! I tried grey color with the purple shimmers as a crease color - it immediately brought down the intensity of the contrast. Do not want. The champagne shimmer makes an excellent brow bone highlighter- probably cupid's bow as well.

I only gave a 4 because of the parabens, it is in every other aspect a 5. Did you know wet 'n' wild is one of the few DS brands that does NOT use lethal dose animal testing? They and Revlon/Almay are pretty much the only ones. I flatly refuse to buy brands that use animal testing, it's so barbaric.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Betzy04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

They are greatly pigmented but i feel like they are way to dry and look cheap on the eye

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by CapaXildebrand

COLORS: Left Side, TOP; A barely-there cool-toned matte pink MIDDLE: A medium matte plum that's more on the pink side than a true purple. BOTTOM: A very deep matte plum wine.
    Right Side: TOP: A mostly-matte ivory with subtle glitter. (I don't ever see the glitter when I use this as a base all over my eye.) MIDDLE: A satiny/shimmery gunmetal gray. BOTTOM: A deep wine with violet glitter. (again, the glitter is very subtle. It doesn't scream at you.)

QUALITY: Highly pigmented, I mean, whoa. Soft. Apply nicely. Blends well if you don't pack it on like crazy, especially the deep colors. I really love this palette. I really really do. I use the top colors as my lid colors. I am very fair, so it works on me- doesn't look too stark. They also work as great bases for other colors. The middle colors work as fabulous crease colors for me. I have a mile of eyelid, so playing with all the darker colors on my crease is very fun. The darker ones work great as definers. The plum colors make my brown eyes look great, and the gunmetal in my crease looks awesome for a smoked effect. I think that this palette is fantastic, and I have been using it every day. You get so much product for such a tiny price. (that adds to my love for it!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Fireball

I haven't used WW since junior high school. This was on sale at my local CVS, so I bought a few things.

One of the palettes I threw away because it was cream based, and just awful...no review I don't remember what it was called.

Now on to this...

The colors are gorgeous. LOVE the purples. I love kits and palettes because of the complimentary colors, and this paired all shades nicely.

I usually use MAC and Sheseido shadows with a few others in the mix. It's been a while since I used a drug store brand...

The product is a little "loose" almost mineral like. I experienced a lot of shadow falling on my cheeks and under my eyes during application. Rather annoying since I have to incorporate a clean up stage after application. When I use this, I moisturize after, not before, because I found I had to reapply my moisturizer.

I use the Urban Decay primer with this and the staying power sucks. By the end of the day, my eyeshadow is almost gone. The shades in the container are a lot more intense than in application. It's fine, and makes for an okay work palette even though it's purple. It ends up looking muted on the skin. But if I go out after work, I have to reapply which is again annoying because of how much it falls off the brush.

It is cheap, especially on sale...but given the cons, I'm not sure I'd repurchase.