October 1, 2014 | 1200 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Blemish Recover Balm SPF 28

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by ccnjencolleen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this BB cream (my first) due to the rave reviews. Been using this for a month now and it didn't make my skin break out. Have good oil control that can last for more than half a day without blotting. It also covers the red spots / dried pimple marks. Love that it is not only a foundation but also as sunscreen, moisturizer that will benefit acne prone skin. So far I'm loving it and will keep using it until something better comes along. Will definitely recommend it for those acne prone and oily skin. But this is only for fair skin tone as it only comes in one shade. Otherwise, it's the perfect BB cream for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Right now I am loving this because it is really good with oil control. A Blemish Balm or BB Cream is your sunscreen, foundation and skin treatment all in one. This is rated SPF28 and PA++. Here are the claims from BRTC:
"It is an effective BB Cream aka Blemish Balm Cream for controlling sebum and instant soothing care of troubled skin and helps present a vivid lively skin tone through a natural cover. It is especially emphasizes oil control and prevents the problems that lead to acne. "

This arrived to me from Korea in an attractive blue and white 40ml tube and was foil sealed. This - like most BB Creams - is thick. And a little will go a long way. I think this is best applied in tiny amounts with fingers. What I have been doing is applying my usual sunscreen everywhere except my oily t-zone, THEN applying the BRTC Blemish Recover Balm on my t-zone and blending out. (I also set with powder). I find the shade is a perfect match for me - I am NC20. I can definitely see it working for NC15-25. The staying power of this is very good. I actually find it wears better than Revlon Colorstay on me. As I initially mentioned, the oil control is excellent for a BB Cream. I am getting a good 6 hours out of it before blotting is required and I think that is great for me.

I need to mention that this does contain botanicals (Tea Tree Oil, Lavendar, Chamomile, Grapefruit Seed, Aloe Vera extract among others) which provide a nice herbal fragrance (and possibly some skincare benefits) but may also irritate sensitive skin. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a full ingredients list. I can say that I haven't experienced any irritations so far. I will update this review if I do.

EDIT: June 2010. Can't use this daily as one of the botanicals flares up my SD. I'm bummed. One lippy removed. The search for the best BB Cream continues!
EDIT: July 2010. Try mixing this with Olay Regenerist Serum for a great TM!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will purchase this forever. I love it! I've been on a major foundation/tinted moisturizer hunt for a while now. I'll get something...like it for a day or so then become unsatisfied because it breaks me out/makes me oily, etc... I've probably returned 12 brands in the last 4 months...from high end to drugstore. Got this on Ebay and was a little afraid because of all the talk I heard about the color being very hard to match but this is perfect for me (I guess I'm an NC20). It feels great on, covers great, just makes my skin look really good and most different than any foundation I've tried, actually appears to benefit my skin as the day wears on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is a first impression; I'll complete this review after a couple weeks/months of use.
This is my first blemish balm. I chose BRTC BRB because many online reviews show this one to have the best oil control compared to other brands.
I am NC25/30 and I knew beforehand that this BRTC BRB would be too light, but I was hoping that this product would "colour correct" to my skintone. I put a light layer on my nose and upper cheeks using my finger and I was right: this product is not only too light, but also too pink. BRTC is an asian company that targets the asian market, so I'm not sure why it has such a pink tone. It has a thicker, drier consistency than liquid foundation but it slips nicely using your fingers. It has a minty, almost cooling sensation that I like. It definately conceals redness and evens skin tone like a med/heavy foundation, but since this doesnt match my skin tone, that's not necessarily a good thing. It looks like an ashy mask on my face. I had to avoid putting this on dry patches because it looked flakey.
I paid $25 CAD for a 40mL bottle from ebay (free ship). Great packaging: the opening of the tube had tamper-protection (foil seal).
Overall, I love the way this product feels on my face, it's easy to apply, has great coverage, is lightweight and non-greasy, and has a refreshing, cooling sensation. But the colour sucks.
I am going to complete this review later by trying it UNDER/or mixing with my usual foundation (MUFE mat velvet+ in shade #40) and commenting on the oil control and blemish treating capabilities. Wish me luck because I really want this product to work.
[EDIT] This product actually works quite well as a base. I applied a thin layer of this product and a thin layer of MUFE mat velvet+ on top. Five hours later, no touchups and no blotting, my skin is still shine free. Five hours may not sound like much to some, but for me, it is a huge improvement. With foundation alone, I can barely stay shine-free for more than 2 hours. This also works on my under-eye area without settling into fine lines!
I would give this product 5 lippies because of the oil control, but because of the colour, I give it a 4. BRTC PLEASE make a yellow-er shade!
[EDIT2] Okay I change my mind...the shade is actually working for me and my NC25-ish skin!! I wore it to work today, by itself. When I first put it on in the morning, it's a bit ashy. I was scared my coworkers would notice, but when I checked my face in the mirror about an hour later, the ashy-ness was gone and it looked like I was just wearing my regular foundation, or dare I say, it just looked like I had really good, clear skin! Checked again about 7-8 hours later and I still looked like I had good skin, a little shiny, but I don't expect miracles. The oil control is still BETTER with my MUFE foundation on top, but 7-8 hours with minimal blotting is quite impressive to me. Bumped up to 5 lippies. Congrats, BRTC, you have entered my daily regiment! [EDIT3] ok I stopped using this. Why? Well, under natural light and fluorescent light, it looks ok, but in flash photos, my God this makes my skin look terrible. I'm now using Laura Mercier's tinted moisterizer (oil-free formula) and am quite happy with it!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can safely say this is the perfect BB cream. I bought this off Ebay for ~$33, free shipping. Not exactly cheap but after using this I'm willing to spend it. The 'Blemish Recover Balm' is the newer version of the Perfect Recover Balm for those that are confused.
I'm NC15 and the usually the lightest shade in every foundation out there and this matches my skintone. It is a bit lighter, grey-er, and ashier than my skintone but after applied matches perfectly. Unlike other BB creams, it's actually a balm, a thick formula. Don't be scared off though! Once applied, it feels like nothing except your skin turned amazing.
It smells like herbal medicinal mint, it doesn't sound appealing but I love the fresh and different scent from other cosmetic products. It effectively evens out my skin (better than Dr Jart) because it has higher coverage than other BB creams. When I do have a blemish and apply this on top, not only does it cover most of the blemish in one layer, I feel a cool, tingly, and sometimes verrry mild painful feeling at the site...which I love!!!
This is the perfect BB cream to use if you have acne or occasional breakouts since it not only covers but heals and calms the blemishes. When I use this combined with a clay mask night spot treatment, blemishes are reduced drastically the next day to a tiny bump, nothing a good concealer can't cover.