September 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lollipop

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There are no words to describe how much I love this polish. It's perfect for winter, perfect for summer- my two favorite seasons!
Every time I wear this, I get ten thousand compliments from anyone imaginable- They love it as much as I do! I'm so glad I got this before it was discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this last year as a gift from a friend and it's the only polish I keep reaching for the past several months! Now that spring has finally sprung, I have been using this polish like crazy for pedicures and manicures. I get so many compliments when I wear this color. In the bottle, it is a dead ringer for a glossy candy apple, but when I apply it's a bit of an orangey/red, which looks nice with my medium skin. I have so many red polishes but Lollipop is one that I can't live without! This polish holds up really well too, it hardly ever chips on me and lasts for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, liking this one a lot! I have close to 200 polishes in my collection, and a good number of them are reds, but I have NO dupes of this one. This is not deep and vampy, & IMO I really wouldn't even see it as a vintage 40's red. Compared with the other reds in my collection it's quite a bit brighter & cheerier -- yes, maybe a candy red. That still makes it a year round color for me, suitable in warmer seasons or the winter holidays. On my warm & pale complexion it seems quite neutral on me, not too blue or orange. A keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Klaudia9904

Georgous color, easy to apply, I just LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The perfect red for my cool pale skintone. The really pops on me, and it has the most AMAZING glossy finish. It is so yummy, it looks just like a candy apple.

Would I buy this product again? I sure will.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by aporcupine

My current favorite. I like how the color pops. It's a happy, cheery, youthful red. I have pale skin and I find this color really flattering. I used only one coat (except on thumbs) and it looks super--of course, I sandwiched this between 2 stickeys and finished with seche vite. Good enough to eat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by andrenna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pale, neutral skin and this red matches well. It has a tiny hint of orange that makes it not too harsh for red polish. It's almost like a natural red! But what's special about this polish is the way it goes on. It's like jelly! I really like it, but then again, I tend to like Essie polishes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

pretty candied red--"lollipop" is the perfect name for it. lasted for about a week with base and top coat, and i'm not exactly gentle with my nails/hands. i know it's like, "whoopty; yet another red...meh!" but the finish on this one is super shiny and quite cheery. this particular shade of red isn't something i would have purchased since i go for vampier reds normally but it came in the essie winter mini set w/rock candy & mint candy apple (the shade i really wanted). i was really surprised at how much i liked it.

as with all other essie polishes i have, the wear on this is 5 days or so with a not unexpected amount of tipwear but without chipping as long as i use a base and top coat and don't do anything too abusive to my nails (while i don't exactly baby them either).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Essie describes this as "candy cane red", but for some reason, on my hands, it is red with some orange to it. I love it. Actually, this has become one of my favorite polish colors. Plus, this lasted a good few days for me without chipping. I used 2 coats & a coat of Seche Vite.