Essie Lollipop

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My first ever Essie polish - but absolutely not my last. I am a sucker for the bottles, the perfect application and the payoff. I purchased this polish based on swatches online and I love it just as much on my nails as in pictures. It's squishy, for lack of a better word. A beautiful bright red jelly that looks touchable and soft, this red is my new favorite and despite the orangey undertones, suits my previously vamp-shades-only nails (I'm looking at you, third bottle of LPAD) and my super pale skin a treat. After one day of relatively strenuous wear - packing up boxes and generally disregarding my hands - I am shocked and delighted at how well this has held up with the only visible tipwear if I squint really hard and hold my nails up almost to my eyes and not a chip in sight. Definitely my new go-to red. I'm just sad it took me so long to join the Essie side of the force.

Edit 5/22/2011: Still my favorite pedi color and my summer go-to. Again, even though it has significant orange in it, Lollipop somehow makes me look tanned. I don't know how, but anything that makes me look tanned is an instant 10 in my books. Love this shade and haven't found anything quite like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow! Second Essie product and again I am blown away!!! Why am I still buying OPI?

I have six OPI reds, and this one tops them all! Somehow it's warm and cool, but looks amazing! I can't see how it wouldn't look great on everybody.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

There are no words to describe how much I love this polish. It's perfect for winter, perfect for summer- my two favorite seasons!
Every time I wear this, I get ten thousand compliments from anyone imaginable- They love it as much as I do! I'm so glad I got this before it was discontinued.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I received this last year as a gift from a friend and it's the only polish I keep reaching for the past several months! Now that spring has finally sprung, I have been using this polish like crazy for pedicures and manicures. I get so many compliments when I wear this color. In the bottle, it is a dead ringer for a glossy candy apple, but when I apply it's a bit of an orangey/red, which looks nice with my medium skin. I have so many red polishes but Lollipop is one that I can't live without! This polish holds up really well too, it hardly ever chips on me and lasts for a while.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Yes, liking this one a lot! I have close to 200 polishes in my collection, and a good number of them are reds, but I have NO dupes of this one. This is not deep and vampy, & IMO I really wouldn't even see it as a vintage 40's red. Compared with the other reds in my collection it's quite a bit brighter & cheerier -- yes, maybe a candy red. That still makes it a year round color for me, suitable in warmer seasons or the winter holidays. On my warm & pale complexion it seems quite neutral on me, not too blue or orange. A keeper!

Georgous color, easy to apply, I just LOVE it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The perfect red for my cool pale skintone. The really pops on me, and it has the most AMAZING glossy finish. It is so yummy, it looks just like a candy apple.

Would I buy this product again? I sure will.

My current favorite. I like how the color pops. It's a happy, cheery, youthful red. I have pale skin and I find this color really flattering. I used only one coat (except on thumbs) and it looks super--of course, I sandwiched this between 2 stickeys and finished with seche vite. Good enough to eat.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have pale, neutral skin and this red matches well. It has a tiny hint of orange that makes it not too harsh for red polish. It's almost like a natural red! But what's special about this polish is the way it goes on. It's like jelly! I really like it, but then again, I tend to like Essie polishes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

pretty candied red--"lollipop" is the perfect name for it. lasted for about a week with base and top coat, and i'm not exactly gentle with my nails/hands. i know it's like, "whoopty; yet another red...meh!" but the finish on this one is super shiny and quite cheery. this particular shade of red isn't something i would have purchased since i go for vampier reds normally but it came in the essie winter mini set w/rock candy & mint candy apple (the shade i really wanted). i was really surprised at how much i liked it.

as with all other essie polishes i have, the wear on this is 5 days or so with a not unexpected amount of tipwear but without chipping as long as i use a base and top coat and don't do anything too abusive to my nails (while i don't exactly baby them either).

Top Rated Essie Products