December 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clarins - Instant Eye Make-up Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by lizchewy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a bi phase remover which you shake WELL before use When I first tried it I found that if I didn't give it a really good shake then it left me with oily film which I hated. Lesson learned, I now shake really well to mix the 2 phases before use It's very effective at removing e/s with a primer base and also waterproof mascara and gel liner. I soak a cotton pad and leave it to rest on my eye for about 5-10 seconds, then I sweep away the majority of my eye make up without rubbing the delicate skin. Hasn't irritated my skin in any way, as I have experienced with some other eye products. The packaging could be improved as it's simply a hole in the neck of the bottle, sometimes waaay too much comes out. I have been using this daily for 3 months and have around 1/3 of the bottle left. Despite the packaging issue I have already repurchased for when my current bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week and find that this makeup remover does it all !! It doesn't sting and is moisturizing, not oily. Smells wonderful. Kinda expensive, but worth it. I will keep repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by vaingal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't think it take off my eye make-up as well as Chanel or Lancome's. It stung my eye when i didn't shake it thoroughly. It has never happened to me with the other 2 brands. My left eye was swollen the the next 2 days. I'm going back to Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

The best I've ever used. Did not irritate my eyes. Removed all traces of makeup without having to tug or rub around my eyes. It removes makeup with amazing ease and is so gentle. I will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by siglet

Although it states that it is 'Non-oily', it does feel quite oily on application, but it removes ALL traces of eyeshadow as well as waterproof mascara really easily- I just dampen a cotton pad with the product and then hold it over my eyelids for a few seconds and wipe off- and most of the makeup has gone. It is quite expensive, but it lasts for ages!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by nubfish

This makeup remover works extremely well at taking of difficult or stubborn makeup. I recently purchased some GOSH extreme art eyeliners which really stay on (tested on the back of my hand - lasted two showers and several handwashings) so I decided to get a makeup remover for times when I wear heavy or stubborn makeup. I generally avoid a bi-phase makeup remover (one that has two seperate formulas inside that you shake to mix toghether) like this one because I hate that oily feeling around my eyes (and I mean any oily feeling). All things considered this one isn't too oily - I know it has to have some oil in order to get rid of waterproof makeup and i think the oil that is there is something that I can learn to tolerate - esp. if I am not using everyday/night. I don't think this is a good makeup remover to use in order to fix little mistakes because of it's oily nature but it's great at removing large amounts or difficult makeup. The downsides to this product are the design. There is a flat centre hole which makes pouring just a little or controlling the flow kind of difficult (but not impossible) and the price is also a little steep $31 Cdn. esp. because my other favourite makeup remover (Vichy) is only $19. However if you only use it for certain times like i'm planning then i'm sure it will last.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by monakhd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I wasn't keen on the whole oily part of eye makeup remover, this product has the perfect balance of "oil" and "remover". I always used to prefer the L'oreal eyemakeup remover because it wasn't oily, but this product takes makeup off (my mascara!) with minimal dragging and rubbing. I just wish the packaging had some sort of a nozzle so you weren't pouring it out all over the place. Maybe it's me, but the clarins liquid containers seem to get everywhere when i'm only aiming for the cotton ball! Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by pompeii00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great product! after finally realizing that my constant eye redness and blurry eyes was being caused by lancomes remover (guess i am not too bright) i took a chance on this. so happy i did. no redness or irritation when using contact lenses. the little hole at the top makes it more difficult to use for cotton swabs but manage. i do not find this particularly oily and definitely does not stay oily after use. however, am not gregarious with removing. have found no white residue as a couple have reported. use eye cream or makeup right after use with no rinsing. so far have found no reason to keep looking for another product and now always on look out for clarins gwp instead of lancome gwp (hoping to get travel size bottle) as it has made me pay attention to their line. have found bottle lasts a long time so do not feel cheated at all. will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by escebola

I stopped using MU remover for years, but recently started to apply heavier eye MU and realised I wasn't removing it correctly with just soap & water or cleansing oil (I wouldn't dare rubbing those in thoroughly) So, tired of waking up with raccoon like eyes, I decided to get me some eye MU remover.

I bought the Clarins one based on Mua opinions and I'm more than satisfied. It's one of those bi-phase formulas you have to shake up before using, to mix the oil based liquid with the other one. I find these formulas to be quite effective at removing MU and this one is no exception. In a couple of swipes, it takes all my eye MU off, even eyeliner and mascara (haven't tried with WP mascara as I don't own any).

It doesn't leave a grossly greasy feeling after using it, although I always use a regular cleanser after, to remove the rest of my face MU. However it is light enough that I've used to correct tiny MU mistakes (with a cotton swab) without needing to rinse, etc.

It's not heavily scented and it hasn't irritated my eyes or my eye area.

Now I'll never go back to not using eye MU remover and this one I'd def. repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by meli852

After switching around eye make up removers to find the perfect one, I landed on Clarins. Being a long time fan of their self tan and many face products, I thought their eye make up remover was a safe bet. I did not like it. It was really oily - which I could handle had it been a good, effective product- but it didn't actually do much for me. On a day-to-day basis, I only wear non-waterproof mascara. With this remover, I was covered in oil AND rubbing quite vigourously to get it to take my make up off. I also found it stung my eyes, which was a first for me and eye make up removers (and I have tried many!). The bottle didn't last a long time either! Which was really bizarre as it was a huge bottle and I don't use alot of it everyday. Maybe it was the hole in the mouth of the bottle? Packaging downfall?? Won't buy it again. Was so not worth the time, pain and money.