Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover

4.2

Cyclomethicone, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isohexadecane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, CI 42090/Blue 1.

on 5/14/2010 4:54:00 PM

It works fine, but nothing special, you can have the same results from other cheaper products.

on 2/23/2010 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of the best eye makeup removers for everything from shadows to waterproof mascara and liner. It works best if you shake it up well before using, and if you press and hold the cotton pad with solution on the lid before sweeping off makeup. I find by following these two techniques I get the least amount of oily feeling on my skin as well as being able to remove eye makeup more efficiently without having to repeatedly swipe, pull, or tug. And I end up using less product as well. Compared to Lancome's Bi-Facil, I prefer Clarins because even if a little gets into my eye it doesn't blur my vision, and somehow this product also makes my eye area feel refreshed.

on 10/3/2009 1:21:00 AM

My second review on here...I have been using this eyemakeup remover for quite a few years now and it is definitely one of the more effective removers. HOWEVER, I do find that I still have to do quite a bit of rubbing (not good), it is oil based and quite frankly, it doesn't remove all my waterproof mascara!
As I'm using an oil based remover anyway, I've done some research on this site and decided to give bargain basement vaseline a go, as it has rave reviews. I cringe at the thought of using mineral oils on my face, however if it turns out to be an effective gentle eyemakeup remover and I use a face wash afterwards, then I'm sticking to that!
***Will update

on 6/29/2009 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a bi phase remover which you shake WELL before use When I first tried it I found that if I didn't give it a really good shake then it left me with oily film which I hated. Lesson learned, I now shake really well to mix the 2 phases before use It's very effective at removing e/s with a primer base and also waterproof mascara and gel liner. I soak a cotton pad and leave it to rest on my eye for about 5-10 seconds, then I sweep away the majority of my eye make up without rubbing the delicate skin. Hasn't irritated my skin in any way, as I have experienced with some other eye products. The packaging could be improved as it's simply a hole in the neck of the bottle, sometimes waaay too much comes out. I have been using this daily for 3 months and have around 1/3 of the bottle left. Despite the packaging issue I have already repurchased for when my current bottle runs out.

on 6/4/2009 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have been using this for a week and find that this makeup remover does it all !! It doesn't sting and is moisturizing, not oily. Smells wonderful. Kinda expensive, but worth it. I will keep repurchasing.

on 4/20/2009 9:49:00 PM

I didn't think it take off my eye make-up as well as Chanel or Lancome's. It stung my eye when i didn't shake it thoroughly. It has never happened to me with the other 2 brands. My left eye was swollen the the next 2 days. I'm going back to Chanel.

on 1/26/2009 8:28:00 PM

The best I've ever used. Did not irritate my eyes. Removed all traces of makeup without having to tug or rub around my eyes. It removes makeup with amazing ease and is so gentle. I will continue to purchase.

on 1/12/2009 12:19:00 PM

Although it states that it is 'Non-oily', it does feel quite oily on application, but it removes ALL traces of eyeshadow as well as waterproof mascara really easily- I just dampen a cotton pad with the product and then hold it over my eyelids for a few seconds and wipe off- and most of the makeup has gone. It is quite expensive, but it lasts for ages!

on 10/15/2008 3:01:00 AM

This makeup remover works extremely well at taking of difficult or stubborn makeup. I recently purchased some GOSH extreme art eyeliners which really stay on (tested on the back of my hand - lasted two showers and several handwashings) so I decided to get a makeup remover for times when I wear heavy or stubborn makeup. I generally avoid a bi-phase makeup remover (one that has two seperate formulas inside that you shake to mix toghether) like this one because I hate that oily feeling around my eyes (and I mean any oily feeling). All things considered this one isn't too oily - I know it has to have some oil in order to get rid of waterproof makeup and i think the oil that is there is something that I can learn to tolerate - esp. if I am not using everyday/night. I don't think this is a good makeup remover to use in order to fix little mistakes because of it's oily nature but it's great at removing large amounts or difficult makeup. The downsides to this product are the design. There is a flat centre hole which makes pouring just a little or controlling the flow kind of difficult (but not impossible) and the price is also a little steep $31 Cdn. esp. because my other favourite makeup remover (Vichy) is only $19. However if you only use it for certain times like i'm planning then i'm sure it will last.

on 10/4/2008 9:51:00 PM

Although I wasn't keen on the whole oily part of eye makeup remover, this product has the perfect balance of "oil" and "remover". I always used to prefer the L'oreal eyemakeup remover because it wasn't oily, but this product takes makeup off (my mascara!) with minimal dragging and rubbing. I just wish the packaging had some sort of a nozzle so you weren't pouring it out all over the place. Maybe it's me, but the clarins liquid containers seem to get everywhere when i'm only aiming for the cotton ball! Would definitely repurchase!