November 28, 2014 | 1949 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Age Defying Spa Illuminator Bare Light

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hrolson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this to be a a highlighter for cheeks and the browbone, and I've been very pleased! I got the bare light shade and it blends well with my skintone. It's not too glittery, but just gives a pleasant, dewy look. It's also great for mixing a bit with foundation when skin is looking dull and you want a glow. The bristles were pretty useless in the application process and it seems that they just waste product when the fluid gets stuck and dries in them, so I simply used pliers to pull them out. Much better! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by tsfoster

Yay!! I used to use the Skinlights product when I was in college, but was sad when I couldn't find it anymore. This seems to me to be an exact replica of the old product. Not sticky, blends easily, no corny glitter either.

The only downfall of this product is the packaging. The brush is useless and after reading the other reviews here, I will be cutting the bristles off tonite. Other than that, this is an HG for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by headcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I made a beeline to the drug store as soon as I found out this was Revlon's dupe of their old product Skinlights. I purchased Bronze Light and Bare Light. It feels the same and smells the same as Skinlights. I wish the consistency were a little thinner but I'll take it the way it is. It's pretty inexpensive considering similar products and how little of it I use (once I have poured it into another container). I only use this to highlight my cheeks since the rest of my skin is oily. Bare Light is my favorite shade. I usually use a peachy blush so Bare Light looks more natural and is better suited to those shades.

My only issues are with the awful packaging. It's in a tube with a foundation brush attatched. There's an option to lock the package so that the product doesn't ooze out, but it does so anyway because it's difficult to lock without squeezing the tube to get leverage. Also, way more than I would ever use in one sitting pours out of the brush. Come to think of it, the old Skinlights used to pump out too much product too (although there was no foundation brush involved back then). It's so messy and wasteful. And the attatched foundation brush--totally unnecessary and unsanitary!

I got fed up with the neverending mess, so I squeezed the product into jars. I just dip a cotton swab or makeup spatula into the jars to get the perfect tiny amount of the product. Even though my issues with the packaging are many, the product itself is lovely so I gave it 5 lippies. l definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

On my oily skin, my biggest priority is feeling and looking matte, but I also like to have a little glow to my skin as it just makes me look like I have some life in my skin. I have NC35 skin, and this is the perfect glowy color for me.

I'd describe this color as a light champagne-gold color. It's not to thick or too liquidy, and it's very very creamy. It is incredibly easy to blend and like I mentioned before, doesn't look greasy once it settles in. It also doesn't rub off throughout the day either, which I really love. I was worried that it would slide off because of my oily skin, but it held up really well and never made my skin look more oily than it was. It also isn't obviously shimmery, and it has no glitter in it at all. I apply this over my foundation and under my powder so it really gives me that glow from within look.

The packaging is interesting since you squeeze the tube and it comes out of the brush. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I just brush it on my finger and blend it in with my finger. However, one thing that I do like is that you can switch the head from "on" to "off" so that the product won't squeeze out accidentally.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by mellie48

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I used to love the old skinlights range and deeply missed it when it was gone. This gives me a nice glowy look, not sparkly like other illuminators. As has been said before, the brush could be gotten rid of to made it easier to apply, but otherwise i absolutely love this stuff! Am keen to try the pink shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ltbookt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to have the pinkish Skinlights many years ago. I noticed recently that this was available again, so I purchased it in Barelight. I think it's terrific. There's no glitter, just a very subtle sheen that makes your skin glow and look healthy. Very pretty. The brush that is built in is stupid, so I took a pair of pliers and pulled out all the bristles. Now the product is much easier to use. I would recommend and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by LovableIris

I LOVE IT. You have no idea how hard it was for me to find the perfect face luminizer. I didn't like the idea of powder highlighters nor was I willing to dish out more than $20 for a liquid one. Fortunately, while I was at Walmart, I spotted this! I have the one in Bare Light. What I love is that this illuminator isn't loaded with glitter. It has a slight shimmer to it and I'm absolutely glowing when I wear this. When applied, it isn't oily looking at all. A little goes a long way. What I don't like is the packaging. The brush is pointless. For me, I think the brush absorbs some of the product. Other than that, this is PERFECT. Please don't discontinue this Revlon! I HIGHLY recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by shannon02013

I have nothing bad to say about this product. It's great. It can be used on its own, under foundation, over foundation, or mixed with foundation. I'm not too fond of the brush applicator, but it's not so bad. You can twist it so it turns on and off so you don't get too much product in the brush, which is nice. This doesn't bring out my pores as much as most illuminators do. I have combination skin and avoid putting this on my t zone (as I would with any other illuminators) because it would just make me look too oily. I use it on my cheeks over foundation and under blush for a nice, glowy look. It's shimmery but not like obvious glitter, just enough to catch the light and make it glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Suojune

OK I don't know why people's not buying this stuff cuz its GREAT. I have benefits highbeam from the legally bronze package at sephora for a price of $35. Highbeam itself is 24? 25? well at least 24. And this is normally $11.99 I think, but I got it at target the other day for $5.99(it was on clearance=0=) So I reckon I'd buy both the Pink Light and Bare Light. Pink Light is a COMPLETE DUPE of high beam, although you might think high beam has a thicker consistency so it must pack more product, not the case here. When I put high beam on, I use the little nailbrush brush to dap dots on my cheekbones and areas where I want highlighted, and then I blend it and spread it around with my fingertips, the excess shimmer in there would be picked up by my finger and I would have this nice, not shiny glow. And Pink Light is the SAME. I tried using highbeam on one side of my cheeks and pink light on other, no difference. So go hop around and see if you can get a good deal on this. And Bare Light adds just the right amount of glow I want, I usually look very dull because I have olive undertones, gold light gives me the right amount of balance and glow to brighten my face up. Use this along with a liquid foundation(I use blemish balm cream) and it gives me the perfect look I need. I might just go back today and get the gold light also as I've read that you can use it like a bronzer if you're pale(OMG.) But I'm sure just the glow itself is good enough. and for a price of $5.99 when I bought it, good to buy some more extras and stock up. Girls, go to target right now!=0=!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is like an updated version of the old Revlon Skinlights! The scent is EXACTLY the same (really brings back memories for me), but the texture is a lot lighter and easier to blend. I've been too cheap to buy Benefit High Beam, so this stuff is the next best thing. I love how the formula is creamy enough to blend right into my skin and gives me a natural-looking glow. Powder highlighters never work well for me because I find that the shimmer always look a little too fake on my cheeks. Most of the time, it's like they don't do anything except leave glitter on my face. But with the Revlon Age Defying Face Illuminator, I can actually "highlight" my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose by making these areas stand out, thanks to the subtle sheen and from the super fine shimmer particles. I'm thinking that this could also be mixed with liquid foundation to sheer out the coverage and add a bit of a glow. I currently mix my foundations with MAC Strobe Cream, but using Revlon's Face Illuminator would save me so much money! The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging, which looks exactly like the Revlon Age Defying Spa Foundations. There is a useless brush attached to the opening, so it's hard for me to get the product out. I squeeze the tube until I see a blob show up on the bristles, and then I dab my finger into it and apply. But most of the time, I end up squeezing out too much product and that really annoys me. I wish this stuff was in a pump bottle or a regular squeeze tube!