October 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by MaiTy

Tried this several times. 1st I made a paste out of turmeric & water. Applied it to my zits & clogged pores & left it on overnite. It didn't dry out my skin. It made my pores look better, & shrunk my zits a little, but stained my face, bedding & pajamas.

Then I made the mask with yogurt, honey and turmeric and left it on for 10 min. My skin was stained orange. I suppose it had a little glow, but it wasn't worth the mess for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by ahseonyul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had read so many great reviews about a turmeric face mask so I decided to make one for myself on Friday night using equal parts of mauka honey and turmeric, and I also added a wee blob of aloe vera. I left the mixture on for 20 minutes and hen washed it off. As expected, I had a bright yellow face, but I didn't mind as it was a Friday (:
On Saturday morning I still had a bright yellow face, but I also had the biggest breakout I've had in years on my chin. It was a good 25~30 whiteheads on my chin and I just wanted to cry. I've had bad skin for years but recently it has calmed down and I was using this mask to get rid of acne scars, to even out my skin tine and lighten my skin, so it wasn't even to treat spots.
So it's Sunday morning and I've frantically been applying alove vera gel, coconut oil and vitamin e to the spots (not all at once) and have exfoiated too.
I don't know if my spots will have gone by tomorrow morning when I have school, and I've tried to stop wearing any makeup so I don't want to wear foundation in case my skin breaks out (even more).
Ah~~ I'm so disappointed because of the great things I had read about turmeric However, I'm thinking about trying it again when it's midterm (and I get a few days off) to see if the same thing happens again! Fingers crossed I don't have the same result!! :D
Oh and I said I would buy this if it ran out because I use it in my food and gave it better rating because it's really great to eat for digestion etc (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought regular grocery store turmeric in a plastic pouch with a resealable ziplock. I got it for around a dollar. The smell is very unpleasant to me. It seems almost damp and my flatmate thinks it smells a bit like dill. It tastes better than it smells by far. I can't stand to drink it in a tea as some other users suggested, but I am generous when I add it to any meal and can barely taste it.

I'm as white as new fallen snow with pink undertones. I tried turmeric powder as a face mask earlier today even though it's supposed to stain like a bitch and basically turn your face yellow as the sun for a few days. I have zero staining. I applied the mask for one hour and washed off with warm water and my regular cleanser. My mask was equal parts raw honey and turmeric powder. Even the staining on my nails came off after I washed my hands a few times.

So far my skin is really soft and the mask seems to have helped. I have really acne-prone skin. I break out horribly even though I've cut out dairy products, junk food and basically anything that isn't fruits/veggies or red meat. I'm hoping that this will help. I'll update again next week and once a week for the next 6 weeks until I can make an accurate judgement. So far, on 2014-01-25, I say that this works.

2014-01-26: Any leftover staining is completely gone following one more wash with regular cleanser. My skin still feels pretty soft and looks about average.
2014-01-27: Well, definitely don't try to wash turmeric off in a bath. My entire tub is now yellow and will require some serious scrubbing with CLR to return to it's previous white. I tried a hair mask with egg. The turmeric did lighten my hair somewhat after soaking for an hour and washing off in the bath. I shampooed twice and then rinsed well under the shower for good measure. No staining on my white towel this time.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by sheenza

I love it!
I did not think it would work on such a scale that everyone else is talking about but it did work almost as soon as I washed the dried mask off!
The next day my skin was just glowing, I will definitely recommend people to at least give it a try.

One of my mom's friend recently used turmeric internally and externally and I was suprised because she usually looked haggard and now she seems to be glowing. That's when she told us her yellow secret and I made a paste of my own.

Ingredients for my mask:
- Milk
- Plain Flour
- Honey
- Turmeric

I did not really follow any measure for the mask since everything in the recipe is not too chemically complicated. I just made sure there is sufficient turmeric to give the mask a good yellow colour.

I made a small paste and placed the remaining paste in the fridge for future use and to keep the mask fresh :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ritaharoy

I have been using turmeric to treat my horrible skin. I have a lot of scarring due to hormonal acne and me perpetually picking on the acne. My mother recommended that I consume turmeric with honey for it will help with the breakouts. I saw no harm in this and made a tea out of this. I then read that applying it externally will help with scar fading. I incorporated turmeric into my lifestyle and VOILA! I have skin that I haven’t had for ages. This is my routine. Before settling into bed, I make a turmeric tea (turmeric powder, raw honey and black pepper) and consumer this every day. For my face I mix the turmeric powder with yogurt and some olive oil and apply it for 20-45 minutes (depending on what I am doing). I wash it with water first, then my face wash toughly to remove the yellow tint. In a few weeks, I have had splendid results.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this to stop scarring.

When I was a kid and I fell down and had gashes on my body and face, my mom would make a quick paste with this and would apply it to the wound until it was healed. I have to admit the yellow coloring isn't attractive but whatevs it works.

As an adult, I used this for acne scars. After any zits pop, this immediately goes on it and I sleep with it, I would always have stained pillowcases, but its one of the few things that I always recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Turmeric is awesome! My mom told me about it and I have family members who use it. I saw the good rating it had on here and thought I would try it. I made a mask out of powdered turmeric and honey. I left it on my face for about 30 minutes. Then I washed it off with warm water in the shower. The mask worked so well. My face looked so radiant and fresh afterwards. Nature is amazing.

I will keep using turmeric for sure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by onebadassninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LET ME CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

you probably wear foundation. if you, like me, have (strong) yellow tones in your skin, you know how frustrating it is to find / stick with a foundation. maybe one foundation actually matches your skin, but it breaks you out, or it pools into your pores after five hours, or it makes you look like a disco ball, etc.

if you've ever thought to yourself, 'uuuuughhhhhh this foundation would be literally perfect if it matched my skin, ie. were less pink / gray and more yellow. ffffff' -- there is an answer. get excited.

TURMERIC. it is a spice. it's used in curry. a jar of organic tumeric will cost like $5 maximum.

besides being great for acne-prone skin (internally and externally), it is incredibly yellow. i actually got the idea of mixing turmeric powder into my foundation after i was left with yellow fingers post-manuka-honey-and-turmeric-mask application. the mask is great for inflamed, acne-prone skin, but that's beside the point, which is that YOU SHOULD RUN AND BUY TURMERIC IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY. and mix into your foundation, caaaarefully and gradually increasing the amount. i wouldn't recommend mixing on a daily basis - turmeric is so yellow that it's beyond easy to end up looking like you have jaundice if you try to mix it with a small amount of foundation. i've tried to add a tiny bit to a pump or two of foundation, and it's really hard to do well.

your best bet is to mix it directly into your foundation supply. this will prevent a. having differing degrees of yellowness in your facial coloring on a day-to-day basis and b. save you a lot of time by doing it all at once. i did this with my revlon colorstay whipped creme foundation, which works great because it comes in a jar. i'd imagine the process would be more difficult with bottles, as the powder obviously doesn't disperse readily - it needs to be mixed in.

i don't have measurements for how much i mixed into my 0.8oz jar of foundation. just keep testing the color as you go, and you'll be fine.

if you have a mortar and pestle, i'd imagine you'd have even better results by grinding up the turmeric before mixing it into your foundation. i didn't do that and still got great results.

i hope this somewhat bizarre trick renders a bit more fruitful your quest for your hg foundation. goodness knows we have enough other factors to worry about aside from a foundation not being yellow enough.

bless!

34 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mix with flour and milk and it does a great job at preventing breakouts. I used to swear by making different masks with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by JenuineArticle2013

I decided to try a Turmeric mask after reading positive reviews on MUA that it helped acne. I'm really glad I did! I have persistant but light adult acne - my skin never seems clear, Ialways have at least one or two zits on my face all the time.

The mask I have been using is two heaped teaspoons of plain natural yogurt and half teaspoon of ground turmeric (bought at the supermarket), I leave the mask until it dries (usually this is at least an hour) and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Make sure you cleanse your face before you apply the mask, that way you can just wash off the mask with water rather than using cleanser again. Your face will be a yellowy tinge - don't worry it will wash off with cleanser the following morning. I use this mask at least twice per week. I also use just the plain natural yogurt on its own as a mask twice a week which I feel helps acne as well and is naturally exfoliating and not as drying as when mixed with the Turmeric.

I have also been taking Turmeric internally morning and evening - two heaped teaspoons of Turmeric with half teaspoon of black ground pepper mixed in half a glass of skim milk morning and evening. Beware it does not taste nice at all!

BUT My skin has not been consistantly as clear as this in a long long time (been doing this for over one month now so I know its made a difference). Try it, its cheap plus it has lots of other health benefits, anti inflammatory, anti cancer etc so its actually good for you, not only in helping your acne. I tried it and I'm sticking with it for sure.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No