October 20, 2014 | 2099 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by sheenza

I love it!
I did not think it would work on such a scale that everyone else is talking about but it did work almost as soon as I washed the dried mask off!
The next day my skin was just glowing, I will definitely recommend people to at least give it a try.

One of my mom's friend recently used turmeric internally and externally and I was suprised because she usually looked haggard and now she seems to be glowing. That's when she told us her yellow secret and I made a paste of my own.

Ingredients for my mask:
- Milk
- Plain Flour
- Honey
- Turmeric

I did not really follow any measure for the mask since everything in the recipe is not too chemically complicated. I just made sure there is sufficient turmeric to give the mask a good yellow colour.

I made a small paste and placed the remaining paste in the fridge for future use and to keep the mask fresh :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ritaharoy

I have been using turmeric to treat my horrible skin. I have a lot of scarring due to hormonal acne and me perpetually picking on the acne. My mother recommended that I consume turmeric with honey for it will help with the breakouts. I saw no harm in this and made a tea out of this. I then read that applying it externally will help with scar fading. I incorporated turmeric into my lifestyle and VOILA! I have skin that I haven’t had for ages. This is my routine. Before settling into bed, I make a turmeric tea (turmeric powder, raw honey and black pepper) and consumer this every day. For my face I mix the turmeric powder with yogurt and some olive oil and apply it for 20-45 minutes (depending on what I am doing). I wash it with water first, then my face wash toughly to remove the yellow tint. In a few weeks, I have had splendid results.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this to stop scarring.

When I was a kid and I fell down and had gashes on my body and face, my mom would make a quick paste with this and would apply it to the wound until it was healed. I have to admit the yellow coloring isn't attractive but whatevs it works.

As an adult, I used this for acne scars. After any zits pop, this immediately goes on it and I sleep with it, I would always have stained pillowcases, but its one of the few things that I always recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Turmeric is awesome! My mom told me about it and I have family members who use it. I saw the good rating it had on here and thought I would try it. I made a mask out of powdered turmeric and honey. I left it on my face for about 30 minutes. Then I washed it off with warm water in the shower. The mask worked so well. My face looked so radiant and fresh afterwards. Nature is amazing.

I will keep using turmeric for sure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by onebadassninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LET ME CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

you probably wear foundation. if you, like me, have (strong) yellow tones in your skin, you know how frustrating it is to find / stick with a foundation. maybe one foundation actually matches your skin, but it breaks you out, or it pools into your pores after five hours, or it makes you look like a disco ball, etc.

if you've ever thought to yourself, 'uuuuughhhhhh this foundation would be literally perfect if it matched my skin, ie. were less pink / gray and more yellow. ffffff' -- there is an answer. get excited.

TURMERIC. it is a spice. it's used in curry. a jar of organic tumeric will cost like $5 maximum.

besides being great for acne-prone skin (internally and externally), it is incredibly yellow. i actually got the idea of mixing turmeric powder into my foundation after i was left with yellow fingers post-manuka-honey-and-turmeric-mask application. the mask is great for inflamed, acne-prone skin, but that's beside the point, which is that YOU SHOULD RUN AND BUY TURMERIC IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY. and mix into your foundation, caaaarefully and gradually increasing the amount. i wouldn't recommend mixing on a daily basis - turmeric is so yellow that it's beyond easy to end up looking like you have jaundice if you try to mix it with a small amount of foundation. i've tried to add a tiny bit to a pump or two of foundation, and it's really hard to do well.

your best bet is to mix it directly into your foundation supply. this will prevent a. having differing degrees of yellowness in your facial coloring on a day-to-day basis and b. save you a lot of time by doing it all at once. i did this with my revlon colorstay whipped creme foundation, which works great because it comes in a jar. i'd imagine the process would be more difficult with bottles, as the powder obviously doesn't disperse readily - it needs to be mixed in.

i don't have measurements for how much i mixed into my 0.8oz jar of foundation. just keep testing the color as you go, and you'll be fine.

if you have a mortar and pestle, i'd imagine you'd have even better results by grinding up the turmeric before mixing it into your foundation. i didn't do that and still got great results.

i hope this somewhat bizarre trick renders a bit more fruitful your quest for your hg foundation. goodness knows we have enough other factors to worry about aside from a foundation not being yellow enough.

bless!

34 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mix with flour and milk and it does a great job at preventing breakouts. I used to swear by making different masks with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by JenuineArticle2013

I decided to try a Turmeric mask after reading positive reviews on MUA that it helped acne. I'm really glad I did! I have persistant but light adult acne - my skin never seems clear, Ialways have at least one or two zits on my face all the time.

The mask I have been using is two heaped teaspoons of plain natural yogurt and half teaspoon of ground turmeric (bought at the supermarket), I leave the mask until it dries (usually this is at least an hour) and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Make sure you cleanse your face before you apply the mask, that way you can just wash off the mask with water rather than using cleanser again. Your face will be a yellowy tinge - don't worry it will wash off with cleanser the following morning. I use this mask at least twice per week. I also use just the plain natural yogurt on its own as a mask twice a week which I feel helps acne as well and is naturally exfoliating and not as drying as when mixed with the Turmeric.

I have also been taking Turmeric internally morning and evening - two heaped teaspoons of Turmeric with half teaspoon of black ground pepper mixed in half a glass of skim milk morning and evening. Beware it does not taste nice at all!

BUT My skin has not been consistantly as clear as this in a long long time (been doing this for over one month now so I know its made a difference). Try it, its cheap plus it has lots of other health benefits, anti inflammatory, anti cancer etc so its actually good for you, not only in helping your acne. I tried it and I'm sticking with it for sure.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't really do much for me as other people have said but at least it didn't cost me a fortune. To each her own, I didn't get results besides a pale/yellowish face for a few days..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lostinbk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My Skin: Normal to dry, being on the dry side lately. I also have a lot of redness in my skin.

My turmeric recipe: I had no coconut oil! We recently ran out and I've been waiting for a good deal on Tropical Traditions. :) So I used what fat I had in the kitchen- butter. Yep...butter haha. I also put a 2 tsp of raw honey. To keep the mask from falling off my face, I also added sunflower lecithin. The kind from Swanson. I just needed something besides regular flower. No chickpea flour right now, but I wish I had some stabilized rice bran on me, I think it would've made it even better. So for reiteration:
2 Tsp unsalted organic butter
2 Tsp Turmeric
2 Tsp honey
1 Tbl sunflower lecithin

It was quite orange! The honey darkened it a bit. For me, I did not get much staining after the mask was done. I left this on for 30 minutes. The hardest to remove was by my nose. My skin did glow but I didn't have the amazing benefit of the redness fading. Some people recommend leaving it on for 1 hour for the biggest difference.
The butter was a bad idea. Buttermilk I read, would work better in this situation. The butter was so...waxy/greasy. Even with the sunflower lecithin powder, when I went to rinse it off, it felt like I was trying to rinse off petroleum jelly. It took quite a few make up remover wipes to take it off. The butter did not clog my pores and it actually seemed to moisturize my skin, but I would not do it with butter again. I'm going to pick up some yogurt for the next mask and leave it on for a full hour. I'll update next time I try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Skin Type: Adult hormonal acne (mild) Reactive-Sensitivity to ingredients (moderate). Oily (very). Clog Prone (moderate). Uneven & dull skin tone.
I've only used turmeric as a facial mask once but I am in love. I'm so happy with the results and can't wait to use it again!
**Mask** 1/2 tsp. turmeric mixed with 1 tsp. of plain greek yogurt. Mixed until a mustard yellow paste forms. Layer mask until all the mixture is all used up. Let it sit on the skin until it dries (about 30 minutes).
Removal Process: I kept in mind how people mentioned this stains sinks and is messy. What I do to prevent any mess is dampen paper towels with warm water and wipe off the mask. I discard each paper towel in the waste basket immediately. No mess!
Lastly, I cleanse my skin with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
Results: No yellow face! I was surprised that this didn't stain my face. A faint yellow residue came off during cleansing but that was nothing. My skin immediately looked radiant and even. Even days after I did the mask! It has been two days after the mask and my skin just looks better. Marks have faded out a bit. Skin looks more even toned and healthy. I wasn't at all familiar with the spice turmeric and I never cooked with it. Now, I'm looking up ways to use this miracle spice!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No