December 18, 2014 | 1668 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by bebumeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used. The combination of brush and formula make this mascara clump free and much easier to apply because of the tightly packed bristles. It gives me good length and a fanned out effect without the spidery look, which I personally don't like. I also like lancome hypnose and diorshow iconic, but I really think this is one step higher. It does not flake (possibly because the application is clump free) and it rarely smudges (maybe after 12 hours of wear). If I had to find a flaw with this mascara, it would probably be the price and the fact that I cannot remove it completely with hot water (it requires some make up remover to come off). I cannot comment on its curl holding power because my lashes have a natural curl to them.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by efkeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not really in the market for high end mascaras, but I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora. I did like that it was super black, I love my mascaras to be the blackest black I can get and I felt that this delivered in that aspect. Other than that, this mascara was a total failure! Probably one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried! This is suppose to be a plumping/volumizing mascara, and I guess that means clumping all your lashes together. It was so hard to apply this mascara without all my lashes sticking together. If i didn't constantly comb through them I would end up with 5 lashes total on each eye! I also found this mascara to be extremely flakey and smudged really bad on me. Like I said before, I wasn't looking to purchase a high end mascara, but I thought that this would be better than most drugstore products, turns out it was worse!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is an okay mascara, but not worth the price. I got a sample from Sephora and immediately noticed that it made my lashes look longer. I personally didn't think that it did very much for volume. I also didn't find the color particularly dark. On the Sephora site, it says that the brush is "tiered" . I see no purporse in the "tiered" brush. This is by far one fo the most disappointing Dior mascaras that I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I've always wanted to try a Dior mascara because everyone seems to love them. However, I was greatly disappointed by this mascara. After paying around $27 for it, I brought it home and was so excited to see results. But all this mascara did for me was clump my already stubby and short lashes. It did not give me much length and it gave me 'volume' in terms of lashes clumped together. Really disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

This lengthened my lashes while making them thicker. I like the big brush, I really think it got to all my lashes and visibly plumped them up. It made my eyes look more awake. While it did not flake, I definitely experienced some clumping. It's hard to take off, even with my lancome eye makeup remover. It's also very expensive, which is strange because I have found drugstore mascaras better than this. The formula is so thick and heavy, and it dried out my lashes and made them brittle. I threw it out after a couple of uses. And no, I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by gamahocha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not worth the money for me. It really didn't do any wonders. Didn't stay very long as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by nreed222

There is no crazy wow factor to this mascara. It's just a great mascara. I gave it four lippies because it does not come completely off after I use makeup remover and cleanser. This would not deter me from buying it again- I just have to pay close attention to removing it. The mascara goes on good, does not flake off during the day. I think this mascara makes my lashes just a little prettier than my normal mascara(clinique high impact), but not a huge difference. I may of may not purchase again due to the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tangerine6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Iíve tried all of the Diorshow mascaras but none hit the sweet spot quite like Extase. It lifts and enhances my lashes. It adds thickness, length, and definition to my eyes making it look beautiful and adding drama at the same time, which is exactly what I need when I am out with my girlfriends. I like pairing it with a primer (Lancome Cils Booster) to avoid the dreaded mascara migration at the end of the night especially after some crazy dancing at the club. Not that Iíve ever experienced it with this mascara, as itís waterproof. I just absolutely love Diorshow Extase. It makes my lashes look full with only a couple coats needed. The only problem I have with it is the price, but other than that this is definitely the best mascara I've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by justfornow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first Dior mascara and I can say that it lives up to the high standard I was holding it to. At first I thought it was slightly thick and clumpy but found it much easier to use with a lash comb which didn't bother me too much. Too many coats of this mascara tends to make lashes clump so I would limit it to two coats at most. The great thing about it is that it is not flaky due to the wet, slick formula. Some people may not like the weight of this mascara; just keep in mind that it won't give a "fluttery", "light" appearance to lashes but rather a dramatic, false lash look. Despite it being a slightly heavy formula, I find it holds a curl fairly well. I would compare it to Maybelline's Falsies mascara. All in all Extase is perfect if you want dark, intimidating lashes which is hardly a problem in my book; after all my philosophy on lashes is to go BIG or go HOME!
Edit: This has lasted me almost a year! I know you're supposed to discard mascara after a few months but this one is still not dried out for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Disappointing. Very expensive. I certainly regret purchasing this mascara. The packaging is beautiful but the stopper is not effective and then the opening becomes encrusted with mascara and the lid does not close securely.

As with 99% of all "high end" mascaras there is nothing high end about this.