August 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbullets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my top highlighters along with my MAC skinfinishes and my Dior.
My first one cracked and fell out all over, so I purchased another one on Amazon, I can't say how happy I am with this product! It's one of top highlighters in my opinion. It dosen't enlarge my pores or make me look like a disco ball.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Well , here's another fan of the manizer. I was a bit worried about purchasing this product because at 57 I don't need a shiny face .I needn't have been worried. This is a gorgeous champagne beige highlighter. It's not white which I didn't want either.I use this on the top of my cheekbones over blush and it leaves the most stunning subtle shimmer, not at all overpowering.I was also worried about it showing up the lines near my eyes,but it doesn't . Yes its pigmented but it looks natural.Does not emphasise pores,(but then mine are not obvious anyway), but seriously if you large pores I don't think you'll like this or anything shiny for that matter. I don't like it on cupid's bow,looks too obvious..This has got to be one of the best highlighters available both in performance and value.It's the size of a powder compact,so it will last years! And the packaging is sturdy. you will have to go far to beat this fantastic product. Very impressed and delighted with my purchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by 2LaSirena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm.. so far this is the best performing highlighter..it stays on..which I can't say that for the rest of the powder highlighters I have tried. Most just disappear. That being said, the color really isn't right for a cool toned, pink skinned, fair complected person like me. I wish they had more of a silver pinkish toned color in this highlighter. It just doesn't really show up that much. I want to get that highlighted definition on the tops of my cheeks...but I really can't see it..and where I do..it's not really that flattering. It does show up better on my cupids bow and around eyes and under eyebrows..but, I was a bit dissapointed. If anyone has recommendations for a silvery, pinker toned highlighter, I would love to hear it. I do think in the summer when I have a tan I might like this more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Mary-lou Manizer is such a pretty honey-hued highlighter that gives a very subtle healthy glow to your skin. I tried multiple highlighters and this one is by far my fave of all! I think it worth all the hype and rave reviews out there. The packaging is also very pretty and fun. The price is quite good for the quality you get. This highlighter and the Bahama mama bronzer from the same brand gave my skin the perfect glow. Can't wait to try them this summer with a tan, it will look gorgeous. I would repurchase for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I marked down that I "would" buy this again, so as not to impune this product's current score, because I do feel like it deserves a high score...but in reality, I do not think I would buy this again. As far as highlighters go, this has been the best of the rest, of the many I have tried. Most make my pores look huge, which is weird because I don't even have large pores! Or they have a strange coloration that looks bad on me, like a shadow. Or they are too "sparkly" or too heavy on the skin & break me out. This highlighter is none of those bad things. It has no weight, generally does not make my pores look huge, is SHIMMERY not glowy (has no color), has no glitter, and has no fragrance (that I notice). It is highly pigmented, which kind of shocked me, being that it doesn't look like it would be in the pan. It is SO highly pigmented that I have to use a small very puffy brush to just lightly sweep a small quantity around and under my eye area and near the apples of my cheeks. It is TOO pigmented for me to use anywhere else on my face. Looks silly anywhere else (forehead, chin, cupid's bow). You get a large quantity in the pan, and given the pigmentation level, this should last me forever. The plastic pan is of supercheap construction, so hopefully it will last as long as the product does. I bought mine at Kohl's Department Stores, which I was surprised to see now carries TheBalm. I believe it was $28, which is WAY more than I ever wanted to pay for something like this, but I'm getting married this year, and have been trying to put together a collection of suitable products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very pigmented and gives a very pretty glow. It is now my go to highlighter for brightening up my face when I am opting for a more dramatic makeup look. I was very happy to see it was quite shimmery rather than glittery from the swatches online and I am very happy I purchased it.There is a good bit of product so you are getting more value for your cash compared to other high-end highlighters. I would recommend using a very light hand for the daytime as it really catches the light!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by xxkgg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I havent written a review in such a long time but i got this product last week and i seriously felt compelled to write this. I LOVEEE this product. It gives the most beautiful glow. It is quite easy to go overboard with this product and you only need to dip ur brush into the slightest bit , but i still think it gives such a pretty look to the face. Highlighting is one of my fav parts of doing my makeup and the Mary Lou manizer makes it THAT much better. I cant say enough good things about it. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most intense highlighter i've ever seen and I have a lot! I feel like this is kind of a powder, more intense version of Benefits Watts up? Anyway, this is great, but if you're using it during the day, apply with care, this thing catches the light like no other! In the evening however, it will really give you that beautiful glow whilst highlighting your cheekbones. Totally worth the price and the packaging is so cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by aswiftmistake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have not found a highlighter that is as versatile, or as lovely as this one. It is really pigmented, which means you have to be cautious when you are applying this, but it also means that you can basically use this as a pigment, use it on lips, eyes, and it gives a perfectly glowy shine. It is not an icy colour, nor is it metallic, it is a perfect vanilla buttercream fine shimmer, and it can last a long time if you are careful not to drop it. Unfortunately because it is packed in a pan, it is also fragile. It is worth the money if you are looking for a good, reliable highlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by icanhazcheezburger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was debating between Nars Albatross and this, and I'm glad I chose this. It's less $, and I feel that the color of this suits most if not all skin tones. It blends in perfectly with mine, and gives a healthy dewy glow. I sweep it across my cheek bones, down my nose, center of my forehead, cupids bow and chin, sometimes I highlight my brow bone. SO natural, beautiful and effortless looking.

Also, if you're going to order this online anywhere that requires you to pay S&H...I suggest ordering it from Nordstrom for free shipping.