Etude House Etude House Precious Mineral All Day Strong BB Cream ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought two shades, W24 Honey Beige and W15 Sand Beige which are suitable for darker or tanned skin tones.
Since I bought them directly in Korea it was pretty cheap (no shipping costs etc.) and it is a very popular brand here.

Sadly I have more negative experiences than positive ones.
First, I thought that I finally found a great BB cream with the right shade (not too light!) but no.
After applying the BB cream it looks ok first but two to three hours later it turns dark, almost orange, like crazy.
The lighter shades do not turn darker so I can't even switch to another cream.
And regardless if I use fingers, sponge or brush it simply doesn't blend well.
Together with fixing powder it doesn't look like a flawless finish but more like a cakey mask.

Here's my Pro/Con list:

PRO
- Good choice of colors (4 shades)
- Good coverage

CON
- Breakouts on the chin
- Oxidates very fast
- Greasy feeling
- Turns oily after 2-4 hours
- Makes certain spots on the skin flakey & dry
- clogged pores
- Pump is uncontrollable, I never get the desired amount out if it.

This BB cream might be suitable in winter or cooler countries; I would repurchase it but due to the breakouts I won't.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

i've been using this bb cream (in honey beige) for months now and im really happy about it :) i wear it everyday to school.

pros:
-spf 30
-doesn't feel heavy on skin
-light coverage = perfect for everyday natural look :)
-last long = about 8-10 hrs (i set it w/ loose powder)
-really affordable
-very controllable pump!
-works great as a primer
cons:
-can't think of any :P

on 6/13/2012 6:55:00 AM

I am about MAC NC20 and use shade #2. Out of all the bb creams I have tried, this has the best coverage. I would usually wear this one when I go out at night.
Color tone:pretty good match by itself. I would usually mix another yellower bb cream to match my skin better. This bb cream is a tad bit pink for my skin. Better than too grey like many other korean bb creams I suppose. This product doesn't seem to oxidize as well.
Texture: Creamy and a little on heavier side which is probably why coverage is good. Skin looks so smooth and flawless but still natural. Make sure to The bad thing I would say is that at the end of the day, I always find my pores clogged by this BB cream. I have tried using with/without primer, different setting powders, moisturizers, everything, but still end up with clogged pores. Frustrating haha! I have combination skin and would definitely reccomend to use an oil cleanser to remove this. I also use my clarisonic every night which is maybe why I don't break out with this bb cream like many people say.
Overall, I like it for now until I find something better.

on 6/3/2012 8:07:00 AM

I bought Etude house Precious mineral in shade 1, for oily skin. My skin is combination and it gets very dry in winter and very oily in summer. I avoid this cream in winter cause it is quite thick and can be drying. I have dry skin around my nose even in summer so I have to make sure to moisturize it well before applying this BB cream.
PROS:
- amazing coverage, medium-full! I have not seen any product yet with this much coverage and it is one of the top reasons why I want to repurchase this product!
- pink tone! My skin tone is fair with pink undertones so I this suits me well
- SPF of 30
- great packaging
- long lasting, 60g
- nice scent

CONS:
- feels quite thick and heavy on face except summer time
- accentuates dry patches if you don't moisturize well
- matte finish doesn't last long in summer

Overall, the biggest plus about this product is COVERAGE. It can give full coverage while still looking good and this is why I will buy it again.

on 5/29/2012 11:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I picked up #2 "Sheer Glowing Skin" on a local website, and then found out it's been discontinued (and replaced by "Bright Fit"). Instead of sending it back, I decided to go ahead and use the cream up - I'd heard so many good things about Etude House's products and i was eager to give this stuff a try. I'm NC20-25 and this stuff is a wee bit light for me. Despite coming darker out of the tube than Skin79's BB creams, it doesn't blend in with the underlying skin tone as well as it could. The coverage is close to full, so there's definitely a "something on my face look" which I don't get from Skin79. Regardless, this is a good, solid BB cream which can be used for the days in which I need some heavier coverage. Staying power is fantastic - it survived a long day in the sun (which included some urban trekking) and an accidental nap (I fell asleep with it on after the aforementioned trek). It doesn't dry up on my face or look cakey. The packaging is very cute, 60g is a generous amount of product for the price. Overall - I'd repurchase this if I could, but since it's been discontinued, I'm hoping it's replacement "Bright Fit" is a similar product. If you're looking for a higher-coverage BB cream which can survive a sunny day in the urban jungle, this is your stuff.

on 5/12/2012 10:09:00 AM

This review is for the Sheer Glowing Skin version (pink packaging):

1. This has a lot of -cones, but at least it also includes titanium dioxide along with zinc oxide, and arbutin as well. Good points.

2. Low on the list of ingredients is sodium chloride (5\5 on comedogenic scale).

3. No single product has ever broken me so bad. One HUGE pimple that lasted for two weeks and finally resulted in a pitted scar, the 1st in my entire life of relatively good skin. All because I took me time to realize I needed to remove the BB cream with oil at the end of the day. Simple water-based cleanser didn't quite cut it.

4. I needed to add a lot of powder on top to remove the oil slick.

Now that I know that my breakout was probably due to improper cleansing at the end of the day, I could try using it again, but I don't really dare. I just dab a little bit under my eyes. The tube will last me a lifetime as a concealer. Quite good for that purpose.

on 4/30/2012 2:32:00 AM

I'm glad I got to buy this product in Seoul where the SAs were more knowledgeable! All I did was ask for the recommended product and shade, and so I bought the Precious Mineral Sheer Glowing Skin BB Cream in #2, together with the Nymph Aura Volumer. The SA also said it would be better not to use powder over it, because I really should on areas where I tend to get oilier.

I love this product, my friend who is into make up mentioned that it made me look pore-less, and my mom told me I looked fresh, so that makes it worth it. I always use the Volumer with this, as it gives more dewiness. I just have to remember to use the right amount because too much will make me look greasy all-over. I use this for special occasions as it has more coverage than the MISSHA M Signature one.

The pump bottle is great, but I can never tell if it's time to buy a new bottle. It's no big deal though, because we have local Etude stores where I live and for the price, I don't have to think twice about re-purchasing.

on 4/29/2012 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the one in shade 3. Anyways In short: this Etude House precious mineral BB cream is AWESOME! Here's why:
-Thin and watery but has high coverage. 1-2 layers and my red/brown acne scars are no where in sight.
-Super natural looking! My friend actually told me she noticed my acne is gone when in reality the scars are just covered under this BB cream.

Some notes:
-Shade 3 is actually a little dark on my hand than on my face, to make sure it looks natural apply some on the neck but careful not to get it on the clothes.
-There's a light scent to it, when you apply it it disappears.
-Even though it says "Mineral" on the name there are no minerals in it, which breaks me out.

It is one of the cheaper BB creams out there on ebay, definitely worth a try!! Between this and Missha M Perfect cover (which I like a lot too) I choose this one!

on 4/14/2012 1:04:00 PM

The coverage for this BB cream is medium to full. I've bought the shade #2 on impulse and when i went home and tried it on, it was too dark for me. One thing i don't like about Etude House in Singapore is that their sales assistants were rather untrained(?) or don't even seem to be familiar w the products they were selling. They told me that this (#2) was for cool skinned tone, suits my skin tone and is suitable for oily skin. Whole load of bulls***. When i went to Korea, i went to buy the one in shade #1. When i told the sales assistant that i thought that the #2 was for oily skin, she corrected me immediately and said that #1 is for oily skin and #2 is for dry skin. I had to waste SGD39.90 because of that inexperienced sales assistant! >;/
But enough of ranting. This product (#1) delivers its promise and stayed on my skin for the whole day and i almost do not have any problems w my oily skin at all! I was so surprised! I mixed it w the Nymph Aura Volumer (also from Etude) and it gave you the dewy skin that you see on Korean celebrities. Sometimes i would choose to set the BB cream w my loose powder. This BB cream can also act as a concealer because of it's thick consistency. When i went to class in this make up, no one could tell that i was wearing make up, which is good because you don't want your make up to look cakey and unnatural and look as if you've caked on 6-inch thick of foundation/concealer/etc.
I would definitely purchase this BB cream again. But definitely not from the Etude House retail stores here. It's better to check up on reviews and determine which one is better for your skin tone.

*PS: Something i don't like about this BB cream is that it turns a bit darker than the original colour a while after you apply it to your face.

on 4/1/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Helloo this is just one of the many BB creams I own and I must say it is one of the higher coverage BB creams out there.
I have this is in #2 Sheer Glowing skin. The lady at Etude House matched me as this and it isn't perfect, but after it oxidizes and I use a face powder, it gives me really good coverage.
It leaves your skin even and covers minor blemishes. It does have a white cast on the skin for a while but if you use bronzer or a darker face powder, it will match your skin.
It did not break me out and it totally covered my pores!
This is definitely a medium coverage and leaves a natural satin finish. You don't need a lot of this product and it is best applied with fingers.
It is a thicker consistency but feels okay after it is blended on your skin.
It has mineral particles in the product but once you pat it in the skin and spread it evenly, it melts into the skin. It does feel slightly sticky and I agree that this is not great for oily skin individuals, I like mixing this with a matte foundation to keep it looking more natural by providing some sheen.
This product is not for everyone. Although it has a wide shade selection for a BB cream, it will only match those with a light-light-medium skin tone. :) Targeted for Asians with a neutral/yellow undertone. This will not work for you if you are not in the target group.