July 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Fragrances - Avon - In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by more_spraygel_please

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Ok.....So I love Reese! I was intrigued by the story of Avon having Reese Witherspoon (my hero) create her own perfume, from a combination of all of her favorite notes and scents. Obviously, the name In Bloom, would suggest a floral scent, but I thought it would be more of a clean, fresh scent...and it's a warm, overpowing floral scent. Like other MUAers said after awhile the scent fades to a very cheap smelling fragrance, it's giving me a headache. I would suggest getting a sample before investing in this, as we know different scents smell unique on everyone. To be honest I really don't care for this, but the bottle is pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the purfume, body wash, and body lotion and I LOVE them! I think layering these products on really helps the fragrance stay all day. I always get compliements every time I wear it. I will buy again and again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this hoping for a wonderful Southern belle sort of fragrance... I'm kind of disappointed.

Initially, it smells like Gardenia/Magnolia with just a tiny bit of jasmine and ambery musk. Not really my style, but I thought it might grow on me. However an hour or two it just smells like cheap perfume--a little musky.

PROS: Cute bottle.
CONS: A bit spendy for the quality. Doesn't last long. Fades into a cheap, generic scent.

This is going on the swap list. :( I'm really really disappointed in this fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am an Avon Representative and I wanted a cheap way to try this fragrance out so I ordered a package of 5 samples with vials of the fragrance on it. I figured it would give me just enough fragrance to get an accurate feel for how it would wear on me. My over all rating is 3 lippies because even though this is a very nice fragrance, I feel it is not quite "me." I'm not sure I would buy it again. It would have to grow on me. I don't hate it but I don't really love it either. As another reviewer mentioned, In Bloom, upon first sniff of fresh parfum on skin, is slightly similar to B&BW Butterfly Flower scent. You get a slightly sweet floral at first. The sweetness goes away quickly and as it dries down I got a light clean musk and a light woodsy scent, yet it was still combined with the floral notes.

I think it is well blended and pretty. As a whole at dry down, I sniff it and think "Warm, clean, and floral." The warmth comes from the musk and certain floral notes, like gardenia. The clean comes from the light woody scent and the musk. And you guessed where the floral notes come from!

It's almost like clean laundry mixed with blond woods and yummy florals. It's subtle and feminine and pretty. Just not sure it's for me! I really need and want something a tad more gourmand than this <3

Edit: After 24 hours, this is growing on me already! The scent is just so pretty and relaxing! 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! This is my first floral perfume, I usually prefer sweet, fruity scents. But I was attracted to this because I like the image of the charming southern belle that Reese represents. This is even better than I expected. It's a light, refreshing, slightly sweet floral that's just so pleasant. I can't get enough of the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually care for floral fragrances, but this one is subtle and warm. I can smell the peach and jasmine and the amber. It's long-lasting too, and the bottle is lovely.
Edit: Sorry, I was wrong about the lasting power -- I find that it lasts maybe 2 hours. Much beyond that and my SO tells me he can't smell it anymore. Sadly, it seems that when it comes to perfume, you really get what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by spookiej

In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon is not for everyone! If you like a flowery scent & lingering mild fragrence than this is for you! It is flowery and at first somewhat intense;but, after the first blast of parfume in your nasal passages it fades to a light, flowery scent that gently lingers on your body's scent points...wrist, chest/neck. Works great if you are expierencing hot flashes! The body mist is not as intense as the parfume and I love it! Buy it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Roxyblue333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh I had high hopes for this. I like Reese Witherspoon and adore her style but this scent lacks 'something'. I don't smell peaches or amber but musty flowers. This scent lacks personality. Love the bottle, disappointed in the scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't say this fragrance is musty -and I hate, hate, hate lame descriptors such as "old lady". In Bloom is very light, feminine, and young and on my skin it smells just like BBW Butterfly Flower. An unremarkable, yet very wearable floral. Not for me, but that doesn't mean it's horrible. I imagine it would be lovely and appeal to many ladies -REGARDLESS of age.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by midorikiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Horrible! Gross! The smell to me is 'musty old ladies or musty old flowers.'. EW. I really wanted to like this scent. I adore reece witherspoon. What a disapointment. Smelled like a old women..just...ew.