Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo

3.3

Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Cocamide MEA, Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetrio, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Glycol Distearate, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Cyclopentasilozane, Dimethiconol, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Polyquaternium-10, SodiumPCA, Quaternium-80, Polyquaternium-7, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, PEG-150 Pentaerythrytyl Tetastearate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenozyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Red 33 (Cl1700), Yellow 5 (Cl19140), Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm sure you are wondering how come I'd buy this again, since a gave it an overall 2. Well, I've tried a lot of shampoos and all of them felt really nice at first but after a while my hair got all dry and tangled again. However, this shampoo has been a weird experience, because:

-when I put it on, trying blending it is a real pain, no matter how much water I add(accordingly to the hairdresser's instructions) or how much I rub it in.

-BUT I find that it makes my hair smell beautifully and stay nice and soft for 2-3 days after I've washed my hair, even after adding a cheap, drugstore conditioner after shampooing.

All in all, I have mixed feelings, but I gravitate towards the positive side.
PS: my hair's been dyed many colors, has suffered a lot of process and is dry and thin. Still, this shampoo has worked for me.It just misses the 'aw bubbles' factor.

I love the MoroccanOil, so when I purchased the shampoo, I had high expectations. Too bad the product didn't live up to them at all. The price was definitely steep enough... The shampoo made my hair so greasy, that I had to wash it the following day, which had never happened to me with the TIGI shampoos, for example. I am so disappointed with this product, and there is no way I will ever purchase it again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have fine, color process hair somewhat dry hair. The colder autumn weather partially causes my hair to become dry and flyaway. The clerk recommended this line. I've used the shampoo for a few weeks ago and like it. I wouldn't say it's spectacular but it gets the job done. It lathers decently, doesn't have any pugent smell, doesn't weight my hair down. I've used other sulfate free shampoos and felt they didn't clean my hair ( I know sulfate free doesn't clean your hair as well compared to normal shampoo). However this one seemed to work better at gently cleaning. The cons are it's a bit pricey, around $20.00 Canadian.I bought this product cheaper when a beauty supply store had a sale on.
Edit: I discontinued using this shampoo. I noticed my hair was very dry and almost sticky after washing this shampoo out. I realize Sulfate free shampoos don't clean your hair as well compared to normal shampoos for colored treated hair. I would not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

**Before you read this review, please note that my hair is extremely dry and coarse; therefore, I have high expectations for a moisture repair shampoo** I used to love this product and swear by it, but it did stop working for me. The one and only reason why it worked so well on my 2C hair type initially was because I had a new Brazilian blow-out and a fresh trim. As most of you know, Brazilian Blow-outs pack keratin into your hair shaft and leave it feeling soft, healthy, and frizz-free. I would use moraccanoil shampoo 2-3 times a week, and loved the way it made my hair smell and feel. To be fair in this review, there are lots of good things about moroccanoil shampoo. It is packed with nutrients, the lather is amazing, and the 33.8 oz bottle lasts a year. That's right ladies! One whole year. However, long story short.. my Brazilian Blow-out wore off, and my hair was lacking the same shine and hydration it had before. What seemed like a miracle shampoo had turned into just a Brazilian Blow-out booster. Yes, it did help me maintain my blow-out longer, but most sulfate-free shampoos can do that. I found that sometimes it would leave me with a ton of knots, and I would have to use extra conditioner and detangler to remove them. It also started to seem less beneficial for my extremely dry, damaged, coarse, color treated hair. I really wanted to have a shampoo that made me feel like my hair was already conditioned. My point: Moroccanoil was not taking moisture out of my hair, but certainly was not adding any either. I did some research and switched to a 100% vegan shampoo, and I love it. I hope this helps some people with the same dry, damaged hair as me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like to use gentle sulphate free shampoo on my hair so when i saw this i thought id give it a try. The shampoo is just okay, i cant really Rave about it but i cant sayanything too bad also.. It does what it supposed to.. Lathers, cleans my hair but it is not the gentlest of sulphatefree shampoos out there. I prefer kevin murphy and lanza so i wont be purchasing this again.

I decided to try Moroccan Oil shampoo after my sister in law suggested it. She's a stylist and uses this line in her salon. My hair is fine, straight and prone to breakage. I was looking for a shampoo to lend some strength to my strands. Unfortunately this formula just wasn't right for me. I never had a negative reaction or result from using this shampoo... but I never saw a difference from my last shampoo, either. The formula is very concentrated and requires quite a lot per use to work up a good lather; even then it doesn't distribute evenly or foam fully. The durability of my hair didn't improve while using this product and I still noticed quite a bit of breakage. The packaging was mediocre and the price was just far above my budget. Perhaps if I'd seen a visible difference it'd be worth the effort and money, but sadly I won't be purchasing this shampoo again.

I absolutely LOVE this product. It works amazing with my hair, I recently switched to the MoroccanOil Moisture Repair and it's amazing. It also smells beautiful as well. It's also sulphate free, so it's a good buy. Although it's expensive it's quality over quantity to be honest and it's amazing. I used to use L'oreal sulphate free shampoo and it left my hair feeling very dry and dirty. The Morrocanoil Moisture Repair shampoo & conditioner leaves your hair looking shiny, feeling silky and clean. Definitely a good investment :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unlike other reviewers (and seemingly everyone at the salon I go to), I do not like this product at all. The smell is ok and the packaging is fine, but it left my hair super matted and is really expensive for what it does. When I rinse my color treated hair, it feels like straw, much like cheap drugstore brands. Didn't work for me, but others really seem to like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For some salon hair products, you can actually feel the difference, which justifies the high price tag you paid, however, the Moroccan oil line of hair products is not one of them. This shampoo&conditioner + the serum set was sold to me when I got my hair cut at a salon, to be honest, somehow I already knew this was going to be a let down before I even used it, but wow, it still surprised me with its bad performance. This shampoo like other "natural" shampoos does not lather well, which slowly became an annoying factor. I had to wash twice to get a clean feel because of its poor cleansing property. Now, I'm a natural product believer, but when a product fails to do its basic task (in this case, a shampoo fails to cleanse), I'd rather go for the chemical packed just to get the job done. Together with the conditioner, my hair feels no different than a wash with something like Pantene. I think the whole Moroccan oil line including the serum is totally overhyped, don't waste your money on it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OMG, love this shampoo, conditioner and oil for afterwards! I have dry to normal hair and used to get split ends from heat styling- not anymore!!!!

I have used GHD iron oil and Kerastase Elixr and Chroma Riche range in the past and none of those have shown real results, they just left my hair feeling 'nice'.

I use the full Moroccanoil range and think you have to in order to get the full benefits from the products. I've tried substituting some Moroccanoil products for Kerastase products that I had left over but it's not the same unless you use the full system. As soon as you apply the conditioner and your hair feels like silk, then afterwards the oil works great on dry ends and I have sincerely noticed a reduction in split ends. It reduces blow drying time and protects from heat damage. I initially bought this to use on special occasions or when my hair really 'needed' it, but now I can't go back to any other shampoo/conditioner range!

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products