Agadir Hair Oil

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil (Argan), Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 5/23/2011 2:27:00 PM

This review is for the Agadir shampoo. I could not add that product to P'ville since I have less than 20 reviews. I waited until I had used this for a week (7 shampoos) since I often like a product for a couple of uses, but then stop liking it. I have fine (but lots of), naturally wavy hair that is stick straight (how I like it) due to BKT. My main problem with shampoos since getting BKT is that sodium chloride free shampoos tend to weigh my hair down and leave it looking greasy. I have tried Alterna, L'Anza, Finesse, Pureology, Kenra and many others without the results I wanted. Finally, the Agadir shampoo meets all my needs: Sodium chloride free, but leaves my hair silky, with volume, and not greasy. I wash every day because I work out a lot, and it is neither drying nor too moisturizing (no buildup). I do not love the scent, as it is kind of musky. However, the scent does not stay on my hair after it is rinsed, so I can deal with the smell since it is only in the shower. I think that bottle and label are kind of cheap looking for a $20 shampoo, but I can live with it for beautiful hair. I got this at CVS, so I love that it is easy to find as well.

on 5/4/2011 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this product based on Argan oil recs in productville, and let me say this is why I LOVE MUA!!! Agadir oil makes my hair SO SOFT and it DOES cut down on drying time (like other reviews have mentioned). My hair is half way down my back and I put about a quarter size of the oil in my wet hair and blew it dry and styled as usual. It soaks right in and there is NO OILY residue. Frizzies gone! I will repurchase!

on 3/25/2011 2:05:00 PM

I voted "yes" to "would you buy this product again", but honestly, this 4oz bottle should last me 20 years, LOL. I currently have very baby fine, curly, short hair and 2 drops is all I use every other day (and on the off day I use dry shampoo in hopes to make my color last longer). So anyway, this stuff rocks! It's so much cheaper than the MoroccanOil and it smells soooooooooooooooo good. I live in a very humid city and the fact that my hair looks soft and shiny and frizz-free all day is a freaking miracle.

I apply two drops on my hands, rub it into my dry hair and then either blowdry it a little bit more or just go straight to my straightening iron. I haven't tried it yet for curly days, but I mostly prefer my hair straightened. Normally w/o the oil my hair looks brittle and dull. Those days are OVER!

If anything changes when true summer rolls around and 105*/100% humidity days begin, I'll update my review. Until then, I'm in love with Agadir hair oil!

on 3/16/2011 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This hair oil is GREAT!! It smells wonderful, and leaves my hair feeling AND looking like smooth satin. I apply about a nickel size to my hair after I wash it and let it air dry, after it dries I apply a dime size amount before flat ironing...... My hair swings and moves so effortlessly, and it has a nice natural shine that isn't greasy or weighed down in any way. I will be recommending this to my friends.

on 2/6/2011 2:01:00 AM

Love Love Love this product!!! I have curly, fine hair and have struggled for years to find a styling product that nourished and protected my hair without weighting it down. I use very little (pea sized drop) for my shoulder length hair right after it's towel dried. If I let my hair air dry, my curls will be nicely defined. If I blow out or flat iron my hair, I will have shiny hair that feels amazingly soft and super healthy. I finish with my Elnet spray and I'm done. I have thrown out all the other styling creams, gels, lotions that I have and that have produced nothing even close to the results I get from Agadir.

on 9/9/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My Aunt gave me a sample of this and it sat for months. Out of sheer boredom I decided to give it a try. I washed and conditioned my curly fine hair and then used just a small amount (smaller than dime) on my hair. I put it up in a bun and let it air dry. My hair is so soft, silky and shiny I nearly fell over in awe of the results. Because of the bun my hair dried mostly strait with a few waves. Tried it on my daughters hair too with fantastic results (she is 7 with wavy hair). Will be buying a bottle next time I am at the salon. This stuff is way better than the organic Argan oil I tried...the organic smelled like manure. This stuff smells great.

on 8/24/2010 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is amazing stuff and totally essential for all hair. It has made a real difference in my hair's texture and behavior. It no longer puffs up and it doesn't frizz as much. I use it every day and I use one or two drops in my damp hair after I comb it (don't brush, it's not good for hair when it's wet as it snags). I know it looks a bit steep for a bottle, but it will last you FOREVER. I've had this for about a year and I still have at least 80% of the bottle left. I don't know how this would respond to oily hair (I have dry hair), but it's fantastic.

on 8/20/2010 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My aunt bought me this from her hairdresser, so I've no idea how much it cost. I do know I was all "Yeah, whatever", since my hair is long, thick & has to be washed every other day because it's oily. So I figured, like hell I'm putting oil in my hair! But one day I was bored, & tried it. My hair is to my waist (not in a tacky country singer way), with bangs, I used 3 drops & It. Was. Amazing. SO soft, dried faster, shiny shiny shiny, & not greasy (even though my hands sort of were, even after I washed them.) That was 7 months ago, I use it every time I wash my hair, & the 2 oz bottle is still 2/3 full. I did cut my hair in June, it's to the middle of my back, & I now use 2 drops, but holy cow, this stuff lasts & forever. I sort of like the scent, it doesn't really linger too bad, doesn't clash with my fruity, sweet perfumes, & reminds me of incense.
Awesome HG stuff!!

on 7/19/2010 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I rarely say that about any hair product because my hair is coarse and frizzy and no lone product makes it look good; more like just heat styling and the habit of not washing it often. My stylist gave me samples of this and I had no desire to try it...until one night I decided to just use it...and I was beyond surprised and pleased! It made my hair shiny and feel so smooth and this was after I blew it dry (when it normally looks like a horse's ass). Yes, the smell is...distinct? Reminds me of a man's cologne or an air freshener in a car that mimics a man's cologne. I do like it though. And I don't care if it smells like car exhaust, it works well enough to overlook any possible scent!

on 4/25/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

ok sooo i have to say as i always do what kind of hair i have b4 i review i have massive curly mixed girl hair and by mixed i mean its truly half and half its has its dryness like the black side of me but the thickness like the mexican side of me and i color it red violet every six weeks there for my hair is alway in crisis. that being said i looooove this i actually like this better than morrocan oil. i have used the entire line of morracan oil shampoo cond oil and curly cream. Now in comparison the oil is good not great- the cream is alright- the shampoo and cond is crap. so when i stumbled on agadir i thought it was a cheaper version of morracan oil.sooooo not true i got a sample of it and woooow they are so diffrent the shampoo is luxurious the cond while light as soon as i rise it out my hair feels soo soft and the oil amazing. it cuts my dry time in half leaves my hair feeling silky and even looks better the next day!! the package however is super ugly very generic but who cares i guess when whats inside is liquid gold! now as for the smell- its strong! i love it though it reminds me of the beach w a little coconut if u hate that dont get it the smell lingers and its very strong. now i like this but if u have fine thin hair beware because this product is thick. U will however benefit from the shampoo and cond because it is light i dont like my hair to feel weighed down or producty i like that my hair feels like hair aftewards i woud def recommend this it it pricy but worth it wayyy better than morracan. even if packaging sucks

Popular Hair Products