Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

4.3

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene, Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Carbon Black.

on 2/21/2015 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really had high expectations for this product, seeing all these positive reviews which is why I decided to buy it. I actually love the formula for this product, very long lasting and doesn't smudge at all, and the tip is fine and perfect for winged eyeliner. But, what turned me off is it's very hard to get out, being a pen i have to go over the spot more then once to get any formula out which is very annoying and frustrating. Especially when doing winged eyeliner and wanting a perfect wing going over the spot 4 times to get product out is very annoying and the line doesn't end up as thin as i would like. If you don't mind inconsistency then I think this product is amazing, but as someone who rushes in the morning and doesn't want to spend 20+ minutes doing eyeliner I do not recommend this product.

on 2/18/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A few months ago I bought a cheap calligraphy style liner from PIXEL cosmetics. I found it while at Ulta one day. I bought a few colors, but was really only impressed with the black liner. It was really pigmented, opaque and lasted. It came off easy and didn't dye my eyes lids like other pen style liners (Essence) had in the past. It was essentially perfect for what I needed, except that when I went back to buy a replacement it became pretty evident that Ulta had disconnected this little ds line. Its too bad because that one liner was awesome.

Oh well. All good things must come to an end. This lead me on a mission to find a new pen liner. I could go back to my Maybelline eyeliner stand-by, but I had sort of grown found of the pen style applicator and didn't want to go back to the pot liquid eyeliner if I could avoid it. The thing is I have tried felt tip liners in the past while they have improved in flexibility and opacity I still didn't like them. The PIXEL liner had bristle and applied like a fine tipped brush. It helped up well over time and applied more evenly, in my opinion. In my search I found two pens that had bristle style tips, a poorly performing Physician Formula liner and Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. I went with the Kat Von D liner. It had good reviews online and the sample at the store was nice and black. It didn't apply as easily as my PIXEL liner, but it still made a nice dark, black, thin line. It works perfectly for my favorite cat eye look, stays put and washes off relatively easy. It serves all the purposes that I need it for and even with its bigger price point $19.00, I will be buying it again the future....unless I find something better, comparable and/or cheaper.

Happy with this purchase and might pick up a lipstick from Kat Von D for the summer. She seemed to have some pretty, bright mattes. :)

on 2/16/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A good liner for upper eye!

I'd been using Stila's for years, but several months ago received a deluxe sample of this. The formula is similar to Stila's, but the felt tip is finer and more painterly, allowing for more precision. The shade of this may or may not be slightly darker.

I will be purchasing the full size tomorrow after a month of continuous wear of the trial. And plus, yesterday, while purchasing groceries, a woman told me that my liner was literally perfect. She seemed baffled by my skillful application of it. I informed her that the credit was mostly due to Kat Von D's well-designed felt applicator tip.

on 2/7/2015 4:03:00 PM

I really really wanted to like it, but unfortunately I don't get how anyone would like using it. I do love the brush and the pen style, but the product doesn't saturate the brush constantly so it kind of pulls a little an I constantly have to go over to make the line solid, but then it take off previous layer. If I keep working the brush on the back of my hand to saturate it, then it's ok for a few strokes and then back to the same problem. Too bad ((

on 1/26/2015 11:05:00 PM

Stays on FOREVER but still super easy to clean off. This is the stuff of miracles or something. I love the thin brush (a lot more than some other products where the tip is more like a marker), and it's really nice and buildable.

on 1/21/2015 10:20:00 AM

I have never been one to use liquid or felt tipped liners. Honestly I never really wore liner in general. I got this in a sample size, just threw it in the back of my make up drawer, and forgot about it. I found in a couple weeks ago while de cluttering my make up and decided to give it a try....completely fell in love with it the first time I used it. I'm still trying to master the winged look but, the tip makes applying so simple. I decided that because, I liked it so much I needed to purchase the full size. This is now a staple in all my make up routines. LOVE IT!!!!

on 1/19/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I think this might be my HG eyeliner (and this is coming from a girl who owns over 20 eyeliners...oops)!! The brush is really what makes it so great- flexible and not stiff like most eyeliner pens. The formula is really great and will last super long, even loner with primer- the only time it's ever really smudged on me is when I went swimming.

on 1/19/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I LOVEEEE THIS EYELINER SO MUCH! Glide on very smoothly and it doesn't smudge on my VERY hooded eye. I use it with my too faced shadow incurance and this tattoo liner literally the only liner that doesnt smudge on my eyelid!!! LOVE THIS!

on 1/15/2015 11:14:00 PM

I have this in Trooper. Pros: dries to a matte finish, the black is very dark, it doesn't budge or flake during the day, long wearing, easy to remove, the tip is fine so it is nice and easy to get in tight to the lashes, easy to thicken the line, pretty smooth even with my sub par liner applying skills Cons: it is expensive, mine dried out after only a month of use (I'm not one to wear makeup every day and I push the lid until I hear the snap to make sure it is tightly closed (maybe I got a bad one), Sephora only offers it in the black. Honestly, I am not sure if KVD makes a dark brown liner, but I couldn't find one on the Sephora website. I prefer brown unless I'm doing a retro winged look or falsies because I am fair skinned and have light eyes, plus the brown seems to make my lashes stand out more instead of blending into the liner color. It just seems a bit too harsh for everyday work looks on me, but that is personal preference. Overall, this is a great liner, I will repurchase and hope the next one doesn't dry out as quickly as this one did.

on 1/15/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

LOVE IT! goes on with ease and stays put... Nice and dark too!