April 18, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eye Primer - Fyrinnae - Pixie Epoxy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a unique product that I love. I was searching for something that would be able to hold the glitter particles in products that tend to fall out such as sugarpill stella, and urbandecay stardust shadows. When I found out about this, I had to purchase it; for $7, I bought the full sized Pixie Epoxy. The first time I swatched shadows using this product, I immediately saw how vibrant it made any eyeshadow and I knew this would become something I would reach for when I wanted to use loose shadows without the hassle of fallout and layering. It is as if this is a magnet for fallout prone eyeshadows, or a backbone for eyeshadows that need help displaying their full potential. When using this, be sure to first use a primer such as a m.a.c. paint pot, then a small layer of this, allow it to become tacky for a few seconds and then apply your color to the lid. This product will act as an adhesive to your shadow, one that gives a lovely foiled effect. This company has created a great product that will become a very useful addition to your collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is straight off the Fyrinnae website:

A must-have for shimmery, sparkling shadows! This is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy": a foiled look without foiling.
Originally developed and formulated for a friend/pro artist in 2008, this unique "glue" is designed to hold the sparkliest, most shimmery eye shadows in place, minimize "fallout", and also to easily create a foiled look without foiling. Don't worry, it's easily washed off, and while keeps shadows in a water-resistant state, the product itself is water-soluble (no silicones or oils). Polymers give the stickiness, while glycerin and propylene glycol keep it wet and slick on skin long enough to apply & blend shadows.

Packaged in a lipgloss tube/doefoot wand (we found this was easiest for application and least messy), all you need is a tiny dab (we're not kidding, use the tiniest amount you can manage!) rubbed on with wand or fingertip over your usual primer. Wait several seconds, as the Epoxy should be tacky but not wet, and apply dry loose shadow with a brush. More Epoxy may be desired for very glittery products. This product also enables the shadow to be brushed on rather than patted. Fingertip shadow application does not work well with this product, and shadow is best applied dry. Wet application may work, but not with every shade/texture. Translucent in the tube, applies and dries completely clear. May make some shades appear darker, and doesn't work as well with mattes. To help prevent creasing under matte and shimmer shades, please use an actual shadow primer under this. Pixie Epoxy is safe to use under eyeliner, but not recommended for application directly on the waterline.

If you follow these directions, your Fyrinnae shadows will look PERFECT. I've found the Pixie Epoxy to be so so helpful with loose shadows other than Fyrinnae, namely the MAC Reflects glitters. I own the Reflects glitter in Antique Gold and was hesitant to use it as much as I wanted because of fallout-it was annoying, and I felt sad at wasting such a pretty product. But the Pixie Epoxy fixed this completely, and even (and I don't know how this is possible) improved it...it already looks glossy and foil-y but Pixie Epoxy makes it even more so.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by masa_inn

This is an absolute must if you use Fyrinnae loose shadows. This stuff is the only way to see the full potential of the shadows, color-wise. I did not understand all the hype around Fyrinnae until I tried Pixie. Now Valhalla is my fav shadow ever - it is absolutely blah on its own; and absolutely beautiful with PE.

Minimizes the fall out; and is, indeed, dirt-cheap.

Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out (doubtful as you need a minuscule amount).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cannot live without this stuff. It really is like a glue for pigments and glitter. I use it over a primer and it works wonders. This is something you only need a little bit of because of the consistency. I also use this for all my swatching since it is the only thing that truly shows the potential of all shadows. My only issue is that Fyrinnae is an indie company with very little workers, so when things go out of stock, they're out for quite a while. Pixie Epoxy was out for months, came back and then sold out within 24 hours. So if you see it in stock, buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Pixie Epoxy is amazing for loose eyeshadow, pigments, glitter or just to intensify any eyeshadow. However, it is NOT a primer (like UDPP or TFSI), meaning that you most likely need a primer when using this (and any eyeshadow actually, if you're not already using a good primer, run to Sephora and get some, it makes a HUGE difference!)

Back to Pixie Epoxy. This is a semi-thick clear gel that has a sticky texture once you apply it. It maximizes the pigmentation and the intensity of your eyeshadow while minimizing fall out. Simple but effective (not to mention very affordable)! Definitely a staple for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this, it is a must have if you purchase Fyrinnae eyeshadows. The difference in color is amazing if you use the eyeshadow alone vs over pixie epoxy! But, this is NOT a primer, it is not meant to prolong the wear of your eyeshadow so you have to use a primer underneath - this is meant to 'grab' and hold the shimmer eyeshadows to bring out the colors and the shimmer in them. For that, it is awesome. And, it isnt hard to remove at night at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by fallguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I super super love Pixie Epoxy! I first tried it out with the sample size and was won over immediately. Glittery colours stick to my lids even 12 hours on, despite the crazily humid weather faced. Apart from its effectiveness, the price makes it really affordable too! Not too crazy about the packaging though, but it's functional enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Angela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with Fyrinnae! Everything I have ordered has been above my expectations, It said that it could take 26-28 buisiness for my order to be shipped. I was excited that I ordered from them on 16th and my package arrived today the 28th,I know for most people that live in the lower 48 that is an eternity,but living in Alaska I'm used to delays and so I think the time from order to being shipped and me getting the package was fantastic!

I was also thrilled at the wonderful samples they included,they seem to have picked out just what I was after and gave me some gorgeous purples to bring out my green eyes! Meow!

I already placed another order with these guys and I am looking forward to more, Hopefully they get Lip Lustres in soon! Can't say enough great things about these guys,check em out they are so worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by DazzleGlam

I do enjoy using this product, but for me even with the tiniest of product my shadow creases terribly even when I use it over TFSI. I use it when I have glittery shadows, but that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by breakfastsong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great for other shadows other than Fyrinnae too!

It can get sticky if you apply too much, but I usually use one dab on the lids and smooth it over my entire eye area.

Plus it's a steal for $7. I'm starting to prefer this to Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which feels really slick compared to this.