Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.6

on 3/15/2010 11:25:00 PM

I love love love this "bronzer". I use it as a blush on my nc30 skintone and it shows up very pigmented, but then when i'm done applying to cheeks I can brush what's left on the brush to my forehead and nose and it just gives me the finishings of a sunkissed glow. Who knew. Really really cool. My complexion is really yellow/olive, so this just gives me the perfect pinky warmness that i love. Thank you BB!!!! Would LOVE to have a brush with this, its really BS that they sold it without one. Booooooo. They could have done something smart on the bottom to house a brush.

on 2/26/2010 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Ok, first of all, I would not file this product under the "bronzer" category. I use it as a blush, with maybe some light strokes around my temples and forehead. But I use a separate bronzer (laguna). I really really love this color. It's like if Orgasm and Deep Throat by Nars had a baby, but with less shimmer. It is just so beautiful on my skin. A natural, warm, pinky flush. I just love it. And when I apply it with my beloved bronzing brush by Bobbi Brown, the result is just delicious! A very unique, pretty color.

on 2/11/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Bought this based on reviews, and let me say for reference, I am NW15-20. First off, this is NOT a bronzer....not a trace of brown in this product...it is PINK. Even though I had read about this not being your typical bronzer, I bought it anyway, the magic and intrigue pulled me in:)) This product imo, is a pink glow type highlighter. It is well made, but really not much different than a baby pink blush, *except* it does put a "glow" on your skin. For that reason alone, I like it. But...my bronzer search continues. The name here is misleading, becasue a "bronzer" is not the color of pink. There is shimmer in this product but no frost, a soft powder in its composition.

on 1/25/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So first might I say that I am extremely pale, and bronzers make it look like I rubbed my face in dirt. This bronzer/blush is PERFECT... and i will repeat perfect for those fair skinned ladies. Not only can you use a minimal amount for a gorgeous natural glow.. it is perfect for contouring and maximizing cheek bones, and facial structure. I love this and I love Bobbi brown

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

For reference: NC42 - 45, olive and yellow undertones.

I needed Bobbi Brown's Antigua because 1) I love complexion products (blush, bronzer, highlighter, etc) and 2) I had never tried, as BB's site puts, a "light pink bronze". At first, I was wary of getting this because it looked too light in swatches for it to even appear on my naturally bronze-tan skin tone. Once I did try it on, I fell in love. It was indeed a bronzed pink, as if you took your regular ol' color pink, and put it under the sun for awhile, eventually becoming a tad darker and warmer. Antigua has a slight, but not over-the-top shimmer that warms and brightens up the face. This isn't your stereotypical orange-based bronzer, it's pink! The packaging is awesome, as you get a nice-sized mirror with generous product. I love this.

on 1/7/2010 10:06:00 AM

i love this bronzer. i am a PPP, i wear alabaster in bobbi brown, do not know my mac color. however, this bronzer was created for alabaster/ porcelian girls who do not tan but with a little bit of sun get flushed/ burn. to be honest, all bronzers look ridicolous on me because i never tan, it has never happened. when i am in the sun, i burn. as a PPP i always wanted something that would give me the warmth in my face the way regular bronzers do for girls with darker skin colors. Antigua is that product for me. Yes it is pink, but there is just enough brown in it to wake up my face. when i wear this, it looks like i have been out in the sun. Again, this bronzer is not for everyone, it was created by bobbie for a very specific skin tone, basically those of us who cannnot wear regular brown based bronzer.

on 1/7/2010 9:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I like this product but im not overly impressed with it. To be honest i expected a bit more from it considering how much i like the regular bronzer (light). I thought this was going to be a pefect colour for my fair skin but its pink (which isn't bad in any way), just no sign of bronze. Having said that its a nice shade of pink and looks good on cheeks as a blush or for a pop of colour. I wouldn't put it all over my face as a bronzer as it may give the appearence of slight sunburn. I prefer the Illuminating Bronzer in Aruba. I still think its nice none the less.

on 1/4/2010 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

first of all, the color of this bronzer power is pink, no tan color.
like blush, it give me a nice and natural pink brownish flush, but like a bronzer.....tanned skin isn't pink!! with this color the skin seems sunburnt, like the very pale people that do sunbathe at midday.

for me, nice blush, terrorific bronzer. Purchase again? no.

for reference, I'm NW20-NC25 with dark eyes and hair.

on 12/26/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesn't look like your typical bronzer in the pan, it looks like a blush with it's shimmery slightly muted light pink colour. When applied, it gives your face a healthy flush of colour, like you would get from being in the sun. It has shimmer, but it's fine shimmer which gives your cheeks a smooth glow. I like that I don't have to be super careful when applying this like I do with other bronzers, it's not heavily pigmented. I like to wear this over a brown based bronzer like my BB Natural bronzer or my TF Chocolate Soleil bronzer, the mix of brown and pink makes my skin look like it has a really pretty tan. I am very happy with this purchase.

on 11/13/2009 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

One of my summer purchases which I fell in love with and bought two right off the bat. This is an illuminating bronzing powder with no brown.

This powder has a smooth as silk texture with a pale pinky-

peachy/beige color with teeny tiny amounts of shimmer... no loud screaming shimmer just a very subtle amount which is barely noticeable but I think is intended to give a nice glow.

The color is perfect for light complexions -- those who look like they were stuck in an oven if they use a mid tone blush.

I use this on myself with the BB No. 1 bronzer and it looks like I went on a Caribbean vacation.

I don't think this color would work well with darker or more tan skins since it is light.

I had one gripe for which I took of one lippie on packaging -- the top part which the mirror came off and I had to duct tape it to keep them together. For the $33 price tag, I think BB can do a bit better on packaging.

Highly recommend these bronzers -- even for use in winter.

Popular Bronzers