Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.6

on 5/23/2010 10:38:00 AM

I would hardly describe this product as a bronzer...shimmer blush, yes, all-over face color - maybe. But not a bronzer - not if the color you are looking for is anything resembling a tan. This is a shimmering peachy-pink color reminiscent of Nars Orgasm. It applies fairly sheer - the shimmer factor is not as great as it might appear in the pan. I paired this with Bobbi's Pink Beige lip gloss - a pretty combo. If you are looking for a bronzing powder and your are fair like me, take a look at Bobbi's Natural bronzing powder. Now that's a bronzer. You might also like Nars' Maui multiple for a believable reddish brown hue.

This is the only blush/bronzer i have used daily for months.I have nearly used it up and will buy again it gives a lovely glow to my cheeks ,my colouring is light and it really suits me.I apply it with the mac 187 brush and its perfect.

on 5/10/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this on a whim after chatting with an expert on BB online. I wear this over my Bronzing Powder Light to give my cheeks a lift. I will then put a pop of peony on the apples of my cheeks. I wish I would've gotten a dark color to seem more bronze- it's more a blush to me.

on 5/1/2010 1:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this ....... this is perfect for PPP's who want a glow and when bronzers clash with your skintone ........ because it has pink, this looks beautiful on cool coloring and makes a beautiful blush ......... the pigmentation is excellent and very long lasting ......... I use my skunk brush and use one swipe on each cheek and blend my brush more on my cheekbones and it makes my cheeks look more chisled. Pale ladies looking for the perfect bronzer, try this ...... I am a NW10 and the color is perfect. (although I use this as a blush instead of a bronzer)

on 3/15/2010 11:25:00 PM

I love love love this "bronzer". I use it as a blush on my nc30 skintone and it shows up very pigmented, but then when i'm done applying to cheeks I can brush what's left on the brush to my forehead and nose and it just gives me the finishings of a sunkissed glow. Who knew. Really really cool. My complexion is really yellow/olive, so this just gives me the perfect pinky warmness that i love. Thank you BB!!!! Would LOVE to have a brush with this, its really BS that they sold it without one. Booooooo. They could have done something smart on the bottom to house a brush.

on 2/26/2010 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Ok, first of all, I would not file this product under the "bronzer" category. I use it as a blush, with maybe some light strokes around my temples and forehead. But I use a separate bronzer (laguna). I really really love this color. It's like if Orgasm and Deep Throat by Nars had a baby, but with less shimmer. It is just so beautiful on my skin. A natural, warm, pinky flush. I just love it. And when I apply it with my beloved bronzing brush by Bobbi Brown, the result is just delicious! A very unique, pretty color.

on 2/11/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Bought this based on reviews, and let me say for reference, I am NW15-20. First off, this is NOT a bronzer....not a trace of brown in this product...it is PINK. Even though I had read about this not being your typical bronzer, I bought it anyway, the magic and intrigue pulled me in:)) This product imo, is a pink glow type highlighter. It is well made, but really not much different than a baby pink blush, *except* it does put a "glow" on your skin. For that reason alone, I like it. But...my bronzer search continues. The name here is misleading, becasue a "bronzer" is not the color of pink. There is shimmer in this product but no frost, a soft powder in its composition.

on 1/25/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So first might I say that I am extremely pale, and bronzers make it look like I rubbed my face in dirt. This bronzer/blush is PERFECT... and i will repeat perfect for those fair skinned ladies. Not only can you use a minimal amount for a gorgeous natural glow.. it is perfect for contouring and maximizing cheek bones, and facial structure. I love this and I love Bobbi brown

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

For reference: NC42 - 45, olive and yellow undertones.

I needed Bobbi Brown's Antigua because 1) I love complexion products (blush, bronzer, highlighter, etc) and 2) I had never tried, as BB's site puts, a "light pink bronze". At first, I was wary of getting this because it looked too light in swatches for it to even appear on my naturally bronze-tan skin tone. Once I did try it on, I fell in love. It was indeed a bronzed pink, as if you took your regular ol' color pink, and put it under the sun for awhile, eventually becoming a tad darker and warmer. Antigua has a slight, but not over-the-top shimmer that warms and brightens up the face. This isn't your stereotypical orange-based bronzer, it's pink! The packaging is awesome, as you get a nice-sized mirror with generous product. I love this.

on 1/7/2010 10:06:00 AM

i love this bronzer. i am a PPP, i wear alabaster in bobbi brown, do not know my mac color. however, this bronzer was created for alabaster/ porcelian girls who do not tan but with a little bit of sun get flushed/ burn. to be honest, all bronzers look ridicolous on me because i never tan, it has never happened. when i am in the sun, i burn. as a PPP i always wanted something that would give me the warmth in my face the way regular bronzers do for girls with darker skin colors. Antigua is that product for me. Yes it is pink, but there is just enough brown in it to wake up my face. when i wear this, it looks like i have been out in the sun. Again, this bronzer is not for everyone, it was created by bobbie for a very specific skin tone, basically those of us who cannnot wear regular brown based bronzer.

Popular Bronzers