July 29, 2014 | 1202 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by afey1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So first might I say that I am extremely pale, and bronzers make it look like I rubbed my face in dirt. This bronzer/blush is PERFECT... and i will repeat perfect for those fair skinned ladies. Not only can you use a minimal amount for a gorgeous natural glow.. it is perfect for contouring and maximizing cheek bones, and facial structure. I love this and I love Bobbi brown

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by zephyrdreambaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference: NC42 - 45, olive and yellow undertones.

I needed Bobbi Brown's Antigua because 1) I love complexion products (blush, bronzer, highlighter, etc) and 2) I had never tried, as BB's site puts, a "light pink bronze". At first, I was wary of getting this because it looked too light in swatches for it to even appear on my naturally bronze-tan skin tone. Once I did try it on, I fell in love. It was indeed a bronzed pink, as if you took your regular ol' color pink, and put it under the sun for awhile, eventually becoming a tad darker and warmer. Antigua has a slight, but not over-the-top shimmer that warms and brightens up the face. This isn't your stereotypical orange-based bronzer, it's pink! The packaging is awesome, as you get a nice-sized mirror with generous product. I love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this bronzer. i am a PPP, i wear alabaster in bobbi brown, do not know my mac color. however, this bronzer was created for alabaster/ porcelian girls who do not tan but with a little bit of sun get flushed/ burn. to be honest, all bronzers look ridicolous on me because i never tan, it has never happened. when i am in the sun, i burn. as a PPP i always wanted something that would give me the warmth in my face the way regular bronzers do for girls with darker skin colors. Antigua is that product for me. Yes it is pink, but there is just enough brown in it to wake up my face. when i wear this, it looks like i have been out in the sun. Again, this bronzer is not for everyone, it was created by bobbie for a very specific skin tone, basically those of us who cannnot wear regular brown based bronzer.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product but im not overly impressed with it. To be honest i expected a bit more from it considering how much i like the regular bronzer (light). I thought this was going to be a pefect colour for my fair skin but its pink (which isn't bad in any way), just no sign of bronze. Having said that its a nice shade of pink and looks good on cheeks as a blush or for a pop of colour. I wouldn't put it all over my face as a bronzer as it may give the appearence of slight sunburn. I prefer the Illuminating Bronzer in Aruba. I still think its nice none the less.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

first of all, the color of this bronzer power is pink, no tan color.
like blush, it give me a nice and natural pink brownish flush, but like a bronzer.....tanned skin isn't pink!! with this color the skin seems sunburnt, like the very pale people that do sunbathe at midday.

for me, nice blush, terrorific bronzer. Purchase again? no.

for reference, I'm NW20-NC25 with dark eyes and hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This doesn't look like your typical bronzer in the pan, it looks like a blush with it's shimmery slightly muted light pink colour. When applied, it gives your face a healthy flush of colour, like you would get from being in the sun. It has shimmer, but it's fine shimmer which gives your cheeks a smooth glow. I like that I don't have to be super careful when applying this like I do with other bronzers, it's not heavily pigmented. I like to wear this over a brown based bronzer like my BB Natural bronzer or my TF Chocolate Soleil bronzer, the mix of brown and pink makes my skin look like it has a really pretty tan. I am very happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my summer purchases which I fell in love with and bought two right off the bat. This is an illuminating bronzing powder with no brown.

This powder has a smooth as silk texture with a pale pinky-

peachy/beige color with teeny tiny amounts of shimmer... no loud screaming shimmer just a very subtle amount which is barely noticeable but I think is intended to give a nice glow.

The color is perfect for light complexions -- those who look like they were stuck in an oven if they use a mid tone blush.

I use this on myself with the BB No. 1 bronzer and it looks like I went on a Caribbean vacation.

I don't think this color would work well with darker or more tan skins since it is light.

I had one gripe for which I took of one lippie on packaging -- the top part which the mirror came off and I had to duct tape it to keep them together. For the $33 price tag, I think BB can do a bit better on packaging.

Highly recommend these bronzers -- even for use in winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For reference: I'm NC15 @ MAC and Porcelain @ BB, so very fair skinned. As many other fair girls I can't use regular bronzing powders because no matter how light, they always make me look dirty instead of sunkissed which is a bummer, naturally. This powder is the ultimate solution now. It makes sense that it's a down toned pink without any trace of brown, as far as I'm concerned. I'd compare its colour to the blush that was in BB's Mauve Collection Palette, only a lot lighter. The ultimate trade about this is definitely the fact that it's a product for dummies. You cannot overdo it. It goes on sheer and featherly light which makes it a joy to use on forehead, nose and chin, or the "sun terraces" as make-up artists always say ;o). A little bit more accentuates the cheekbones in the most natural, lovely way. It doesn't look like a blush at all, it's just healthy radiance & glow. The contours of the face are also more prominent but still so pretty & natural. It's never obvious and never looks as if you actually used blush. It looks more like a morning after a hot night, a glass of champagne or a walk on a winter afternoon. It's hard to describe the miracle this powder works. There's the most subtle shimmer underneath it all but nowhere near as hefty as what the shimmerbricks deliver. This is so much more than just a blush, this is definitely a finishing product that can be applied in a large variaty of ways and will only compliment your natural look, never alter it. So if you're looking for drama this is really not for you. If you're all about natural but perfected beauty, you'll love it. I can see the difference it makes and I'm in love, love, love with this. Wish I had gotten it sooner and should this ever be discontinued, I'll cry...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ah63

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG blush and I've been using it everyday for two months now. I'm about NC 30 in MAC foundation, warm beige in BB, with yellow undertones and I use a regular bronzer on my forehead, chin and contour. But this is what I use for blush and it really livens-up my face. I've heard this was supposed to be used as a bronzer for those with fair skin, which I think would work great because it's the color your skin would look if it got a little pink from the sun. On my cheeks it looks like I have naturally rosy cheeks, or just worked-out, or come in from the cold, that type of thing. As for the shimmer, it's very understated. I've used many shimmer powders (BECCA, MAC mineralize, etc.) and this one is less shimmery than those. Just gives a natural glow. I prefer a bronzer with out shimmer (BB regular bronzer in Med.) for my forehead, but this one is perfect for my cheek area. Highly recommend for all skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a blush and its my favorite shade of blush. Looks very natural. Doesn't look like I'm wearing blush. I think its b/c its a bronzer/blush.

Its interesting to note that I can't wear bronzers. I have very fair skin and as such, bronzers look dirty and muddy on me. Antigua is great for fair skin because its a pink bronzer. It just makes my skin glow and look healthy. It has shimmer that is noticable in direct sunlight but subtle indoors. Packaging is in this big mirrored compact that looks so luxurious. I don't travel with my makeup but if you do, I'm not sure you would want to lug this one around b/c of its size and weight.

Update: Staying power is amazing! Still my HG.