September 19, 2014 | 1776 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Lover

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Candace88nov

I LOVEEE This blush. I cant say enough good things about it. On my lazy days I wear only the blush and it gives me such a good glow.and it shows up so good on my skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No doubt I'm 4000 years older than the demographic (although I love how in their "Human Fundamentalism" launch there is a witchy old lady with minimal cosmetic and p/shopping intervention), but these cheek colours are perfect.
The clear pure colours give a vibrancy that lifts the complexion without the dreaded 'sparkle/shimmer'. They are amazingly blendable and subtle despite the fairly saturated look in the palette. In fact I think it is the clarity of the pigments that work the magic....maybe assisted with the goddess of Hakuhodo brushes mind you!
Absolutely perfect, well done Illasmasqua; rouge used to make me look really crook once! Now I find myself scanning the website planning the next purchase...

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 9/15/12: I've been using Milani's Luminoso for a peachy blush instead of this one, it's more affordable and I know it's not the same color or finish (Lover is a matte, Luminoso is more glowy), I think I like it better.

WOW..... Way better than MAC Peaches......this blush is soooooo pretty! I now have 2 Illamasqua blushes (Hussy is the other one) and I love them both so very much! I wrote a review on Hussy too but I'll say it again.....Illamasqua blushes are super pigmented and a little goes a very long way so they will last me quite a long time and that makes the price worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a crazily pigmented blush. Lover is the peachiest blush and most pigmented blush I ever own, so I am actually still experimenting to tone it down a tad, so that it doesn't look like two bright peaches on my cheeks. While I like that it is so pigmented which means I could use v little of it each time, I do sometimes wish it is not so difficult to work with. Nonetheless, this is a unique colour though, so I will keep it. I like the see though cover of the packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by princesslivia

Like most Illamasqua blushes, Lover is well-pigmented. It is a matte blush so it is pretty wearable for all ages and all occasions. When I visited the Illamasqua counter at Selfridges a month ago, I was told that Excite was a similar shade, so I purchased it. When I put them together in adequate natural lighting though, they are definitely not so similar! Excite is so much darker and more orangey whereas Lover is definitely peach.

For swatches, visit: http://www.princess-livia.com/2010/10/illamasqua-lover-blush-review-swatches.html

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by deedeeTN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh girl......

There are several pros to this product, my major complaints for the "Lover" blush is that it is not for my skin tone. and doesnt suit me at all.

It is highly, highly, highly(x5) pigmented. The packaging is very nice I like how there is a pick-a-boo window that lets you see the color without having to open up the blush. It is in the mid-high end price range, so it is not completely out of the question.

My complaints:
The on line swatch looks NOTHING like this!! The swatch on line was softer, subtler, and just better. This blush is straight up crayola orange. If you want to try this color, go to your kids art stash and rub some orange on your cheeks and there you have it.

This blush will be great for tan, deep, deep dark and dark skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by prettyeyelash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Can I just say, this is the Queen of all blushes?
Especially for people from yellow to neutral skintone, this is one totally awesome blush. Let me tell you why.
First, the pigmentation is wonderful! One gentle gentle nearly unexisting dip on the pan and you get a brilliant natural flush on your cheeks. 1 small fleck of powder will give you awesome color payoff. I think it's where it topples most brand. You'll find that you get your money worth.
I doubt I can hit pan anytime soon, maybe in 5 years time, and wearing it everyday. No, I'm not exaggerating.
I'm rather fair, so very little is needed on me. Like 1 dip, or 2. I cannot imagine what my face would be like if I swipe my brush across the pan. The color would be pure apricot.
Now for the color itself, I find it unique. I've yet to see a dupe for the color, yes I've googled. It's such a natural color, not like you're in from the cold, but like a im-happy-today color. It brings attention to the eyes and creates instant cheekbones. For someone as colorless as me, that's awesome.
Packaging is ok, I've had a little trouble prying the cover, but once i've got it, it's great.
However, this Illamasqua brand jewels are so hard to get! Literally. Sigh.
I'd recommend it to fair to medium dark skintone. You'll love it. It's so so different from the pink blushes, because it's so natural!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cocoblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A really lovely peach colour that would look great worn sheer on fair skin tones and heavier on darker skin tones. The matte finish makes this blush really great for daytime wear, compared to some shimmery blushes which look rather garish. Make sure skin is well moisturised though as any dry patches will be magnified by the matte finish! Not keen on the packaging, its rather bulky and no where near as nice as NARS, however the clear window is very handy to see which blush is in which case! If you like Illamasqua blushes I would also recommend Katie which is a lovely pastel pink :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love! Amazing pigmentation...such a quality blush, so finely milled, not powedery or chalky...it's the perfect peach color and it looks amazing on my NC 30 skin. Love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this light peach blush- it's very subtle and pretty for everyday wear and glides on super smoothly. I wanted to try it out so badly that I ordered from Britain since it's sold out on Sephora! I think it's a good staple to have and the quality is really great, but it's not a WOW product for me. I would repurchase, although i have so many blushes I really doubt I'll have to. I do have to say that I like it better than my Nars blushes bc of the matte factor, Nars is just so shimmery! (i do like it on occasion though).