Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Lover

4.6

Talc, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Mica, Aqua, Magnseium Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Mystirate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-150, Silica, Ricinus Communis Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-26, Methylparaben, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Ethylparaben, Cera Carnauba, Candelilla Cera, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Cera Microcristallina, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba, Parfum [ /- Cl 77891, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499, Cl 75470, Cl 77007, Cl 12085, Cl 19140, Cl 15850, Cl 45380, Cl 77163, Cl 15985, Cl 77742, Cl 77510, Cl 16035, Cl 45410]

on 4/20/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent pigmentation and no shimmers - love this matte clean peachy shade. Very flattering on my medium olive skin tone. I got it on impulse when Illamasqua had 20% off - I was sold when I felt how soft the powder is! I have tonnes of NARs blushes and I have to admit I prefer the feel of the Illamasquas. I have been using this new blush all week and will be checking out the other shades soon.

on 4/20/2012 2:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

IDK why I expected a brighter orange blush and the wow! effect I got with Nars Exhibit A:). This is pretty true peach, not too bright imo and I had no problems overapplying. Glided on smoothly and was matte and bit glowy at the same time which I liked. In some lightnings it managed to look pinkish. Something wrong with my skins ph? I do have cool undertones but.. After I got over the disappointment of the colour and how it looked on me I was ok, for awhile. Lasting power was much poorer than Nars, Blasco and many cheap ds blushes. I`m happy it was free shipping since I ordered 3 blushes in all about 60euros. I regret not getting a cream blush. As for powders, I`m done.

on 4/5/2012 9:03:00 PM

I was really looking forward to loving this blush with all the great reviews, but sadly I don't. This will be my first return ever of a makeup product. The color is nice but not a stand out from the other peach blushes I own. But it's going back because it's so matte my usually oily skin feels dry and tight likes its suffocating under this blush.

on 4/3/2012 12:17:00 PM

I LOVEEE This blush. I cant say enough good things about it. On my lazy days I wear only the blush and it gives me such a good glow.and it shows up so good on my skin :)

on 3/30/2012 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

No doubt I'm 4000 years older than the demographic (although I love how in their "Human Fundamentalism" launch there is a witchy old lady with minimal cosmetic and p/shopping intervention), but these cheek colours are perfect.
The clear pure colours give a vibrancy that lifts the complexion without the dreaded 'sparkle/shimmer'. They are amazingly blendable and subtle despite the fairly saturated look in the palette. In fact I think it is the clarity of the pigments that work the magic....maybe assisted with the goddess of Hakuhodo brushes mind you!
Absolutely perfect, well done Illasmasqua; rouge used to make me look really crook once! Now I find myself scanning the website planning the next purchase...

on 3/25/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

UPDATE 9/15/12: I've been using Milani's Luminoso for a peachy blush instead of this one, it's more affordable and I know it's not the same color or finish (Lover is a matte, Luminoso is more glowy), I think I like it better.

WOW..... Way better than MAC Peaches......this blush is soooooo pretty! I now have 2 Illamasqua blushes (Hussy is the other one) and I love them both so very much! I wrote a review on Hussy too but I'll say it again.....Illamasqua blushes are super pigmented and a little goes a very long way so they will last me quite a long time and that makes the price worth it!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is a crazily pigmented blush. Lover is the peachiest blush and most pigmented blush I ever own, so I am actually still experimenting to tone it down a tad, so that it doesn't look like two bright peaches on my cheeks. While I like that it is so pigmented which means I could use v little of it each time, I do sometimes wish it is not so difficult to work with. Nonetheless, this is a unique colour though, so I will keep it. I like the see though cover of the packaging though.

Like most Illamasqua blushes, Lover is well-pigmented. It is a matte blush so it is pretty wearable for all ages and all occasions. When I visited the Illamasqua counter at Selfridges a month ago, I was told that Excite was a similar shade, so I purchased it. When I put them together in adequate natural lighting though, they are definitely not so similar! Excite is so much darker and more orangey whereas Lover is definitely peach.

For swatches, visit: http://www.princess-livia.com/2010/10/illamasqua-lover-blush-review-swatches.html

on 9/2/2011 10:27:00 PM

Oh girl......

There are several pros to this product, my major complaints for the "Lover" blush is that it is not for my skin tone. and doesnt suit me at all.

It is highly, highly, highly(x5) pigmented. The packaging is very nice I like how there is a pick-a-boo window that lets you see the color without having to open up the blush. It is in the mid-high end price range, so it is not completely out of the question.

My complaints:
The on line swatch looks NOTHING like this!! The swatch on line was softer, subtler, and just better. This blush is straight up crayola orange. If you want to try this color, go to your kids art stash and rub some orange on your cheeks and there you have it.

This blush will be great for tan, deep, deep dark and dark skin tones.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can I just say, this is the Queen of all blushes?
Especially for people from yellow to neutral skintone, this is one totally awesome blush. Let me tell you why.
First, the pigmentation is wonderful! One gentle gentle nearly unexisting dip on the pan and you get a brilliant natural flush on your cheeks. 1 small fleck of powder will give you awesome color payoff. I think it's where it topples most brand. You'll find that you get your money worth.
I doubt I can hit pan anytime soon, maybe in 5 years time, and wearing it everyday. No, I'm not exaggerating.
I'm rather fair, so very little is needed on me. Like 1 dip, or 2. I cannot imagine what my face would be like if I swipe my brush across the pan. The color would be pure apricot.
Now for the color itself, I find it unique. I've yet to see a dupe for the color, yes I've googled. It's such a natural color, not like you're in from the cold, but like a im-happy-today color. It brings attention to the eyes and creates instant cheekbones. For someone as colorless as me, that's awesome.
Packaging is ok, I've had a little trouble prying the cover, but once i've got it, it's great.
However, this Illamasqua brand jewels are so hard to get! Literally. Sigh.
I'd recommend it to fair to medium dark skintone. You'll love it. It's so so different from the pink blushes, because it's so natural!

Top Rated Illamasqua Products