December 18, 2014 | 899 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - High Resolution - Refill 3x

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by yaxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like several of the other reviewers, I got a 0.5 oz. sample of this product as part of a free gift with purchase.

The moisturizer has a pleasant perfume scent to it. The texture is nice and luxurious, and the product seemed to sink into my skin. I suppose this is a good thing, though I was a bit disappointed by how much of the product I had to apply in order to cover my entire face. Also, the moisturizer is packaged in a jar, which I'm not crazy about in terms of keeping the product fresh and sanitary.

Yup, it moisturized. It didn't leave my oily skin feeling like a greaseball at the end of the day, either. The moisturizer is supposed to be an anti-wrinkle product, but I can't really speak to that aspect of it; my few faint laugh lines didn't really seem to get better or worse. I also didn't notice any particular improvement in the appearance of my skin while using this product. However, I do like that it is SPF 15.

Though I like the moisturizing and sun protection of this product, nothing about it really seemed amazing enough to warrant the price--especially considering how much of the product that I had to use in each application! For this reason, I probably would not purchase the full-size product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this cream as gift with a purchase. It's rather light in texture and smells decent. However, just like all the other Lancome creams and lotions, it doesn't absorb and peels off. Therefore, I won't be buying it. It's expensive too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by natyrangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since the size of the sample was convenient to take it while I was at the hospital I decided to try it and after 3 days of using it I noticed my skin "bright" I've been fighting with breakouts and oily skin for years and always scared every time I use moisturizers but this one is the one I've been looking for, all my problems stopped since using it, I even apply it around my eyes and doesn't irritate that area. I'm pretty sure I want to buy it, it's kind expensive but it worth, the sample I have is 0.5 oz and it lasted 3 months using it twice a day so I think if you want to use the regular size once a day it will last almost a year !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

overwhelming floral scent!!! ugh. Update: I have gotten used to the scent for some unknown reason. Maybe my nose is getting weaker with age! Wish this came in a tube instead of a jar. This makes my skin look radiant and firmer. Makes me look younger. I don't think this protects against UVA. I believe it only protects against UVB, correct me if i'm wrong. But I think that's what makes it gentle and non-irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

Shanstuff did a great review for this item. I also recieved as a GWP, so I dont' know how much the large jar of this costs, but I assume it is a lot :)

Really like the lite consistency and the ease with which it goes on. Smooth and sinks right in. Feel like its a good make up base, and I've actually stopped using foundation every day b/c I feel like my skin looks so darn good (if I do say so myself!)! Feel like this isn't just moisturizer but a part of a larger skin care regime that will really aid in my complextion long term.

I actually like the scent, which I feel is pretty light and clean-smelling. I'm really happy with the sample size (a .5 oz jar) b/c it will last long enough for me to really really tell if it is worth the price of a whole jar. I'm sure it will last for quite awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by JillyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a decent daytime moisturizer. My foundation glides over effortlessly on top and its just enough moisture not to make me an oily mess. I personally love the scent even though I can understand people being put off by it because it IS pretty strong. Like others, this was in their latest GWP.. I have a good .05 oz jar to test for awhile. Not sure if I'd purchase the full size because there are probably other moisturizers out there that do a better job for the price. I'll definately use this up for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great daytime moisturizer with SPF 15. Unlike many other SPF moisturizers, it doesn't leave my skin looking shiny by the end of the day. In addition, it moisturizes my normal-dry combo skin all day...no tightness towards mid-to late afternoon the way many leave me.

According to Lancome, "High Resolution Refill-3X complex helps boost the synthesis of the three natural skin fillers collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin." I don't know about all that, but I will say that my fine lines seem diminished when I use it, my skin seems plumper, and it goes on silky-smooth. It also makes a good makeup base, and holds foundation very well, both with or without primer (and anything that allows me to avoid primer is a big plus in my book).

The High Resolution line is marketed to women in their late 20's to about 40 or so...basically, those of us who aren't showing significant signs of aging yet and want to keep it that way. Therefore, this is a preventative and cosmetic treatment, not a repairative treatment. As such, it does its job very well. It plumps the skin, decreases the signs of lines and wrinkles and eases dryness while also smoothing the skin and protecting from sun damage.

Very impressed with this product. Will repurchase, assuming my skin still likes it when I run out. It's very seldom that I find a day cream that actually fits all my needs--SPF, smooth, silky feel, lasting hydration, and suitable under makeup. For that, I have to give it 5 stars!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ohphuket

I got a sample of this moisturizer from a GWP. I've tried quite a few moisturizers, and this one is nothing special.

First of all, I gotta say that wrinkles is not something I have to worry about (yet) so I can't really say how well it "filled" my lines. As a moisturizer, it was ok. I have really dry and sensitive skin, and I found that after a few hours, it feels like I didn't apply any moisturizer at all.

One thing that I absolutely HATED about this product was the scent. It is incredibly overwhelming and I hated how my face would smell like cheap perfume. I also noticed that after a few days I started to break out. Basically, I did not like this moisturizer at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by glammisskelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have gotten 2 of these an really love this cream! it makes my skin very smooth an really does help with fine lines, i dont have too manyy wrinkles i need to worry about yet but it does not hurt to have an early start on using items to prevent them!!

would def buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by TipsNToes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is intended for use by somebody in their late 20's to early 40's. I use the entire line and imho its fantastic. They have a plumping action that reduces fine lines and protects from environmental damage. The day cream is not heavy or overly scented. The eye absorbs well into the eye area. The night cream is my fav its very emoillent and when I wake my skin is super soft and plump.
I also use Genefique under these products. My skin has never looked or felt better. Have had no issues with breakouts or millia. Its not cheap but the Holiday sets are a great bargain and a 1.7oz jar last forever.I would and have repurchased.