Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

oje

on 4/26/2013 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really great drugstore quick dry top coat. It's easily found in many places, it's inexpensive, it dries quickly, it is really shiny, it works over every nail polish I've tried... I can't think of anything bad about it, really. For superior shine I will use Seche Vite, but most of the time I don't feel like futzing with that - Seche is very needy and has a lot of requirements. Sometimes I just want to slap a top coat on without a lot of concentration. For that (aka most of the time) I use this guy. It doesn't dry as crazy-fast as Seche does for me (nothing else does, in my experience), but it also isn't as quirky or hard to deal with, and it still dries plenty fast. It doesn't get goopy at the halfway point in the bottle, either. It's been my go-to topcoat for several months, actually. You really can't go wrong.

on 3/15/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

HG top coat. I love the thin formula, the high-sine finish, the quick dry time, and the cheap price. I never have trouble with sheet marks, even when I paint my nails at night. (I'm convinced this is a body chemistry issue -- for example, I personally can't use Sally Hansen products because the products don't cure properly and I ALWAYS get sheet marks.) As for wear time, I tend to change my polish 1-2 times per week and I usually experience nothing worse than minor tip wear. The color and shine can fade a little, so if I'm wearing a manicure for an extended period of time, I will reapply the top coat every few days. I've bought this product over and over again and it's never gotten thick on me the way some brands do. It does thicken slightly, but never to the point that it's difficult to use. My one gripe is that the brush doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle, so as the product runs out, it becomes more difficult to get product onto the brush. I rated the packaging quality low for that reason but it won't stop me repurchasing, as other brands have the same problem.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Great stuff! Makes your nail polish look super shiny and it really brings out the color. It goes on nice and dries very quickly. Can't use nail polish without this. ^_^

on 1/28/2013 12:25:00 PM

I've had mine for a year and its still going strong.
I use it to seal my nail colour and with time its become thick but it still works and drys fast! Will repurchase.

on 1/27/2013 11:33:00 PM

Dries fast and smooth. Colour stays on for days very happy with it. Can't go wrong for $5

on 1/27/2013 3:33:00 PM

The main thing I look for with top coat nail varnish and I search for information on this in reviews is if the top coat gives u bed prints (prints of bedding when your sleeping) it is my absolute pet peeve. And I found with this nail varnish it does give me bed prints. For example yesterday I applied this around 3:00 and I went sleep around 23:00 and in the morning I had bed prints on my nails???? And I had only out on 2 coats. I do love my SV but I am searching for a new good top coat because the warning on the bottle does scare me. So it looks like this revlon top coat was a fail.
I hope this review has helped some people so if you are like me and hate bed prints I would stay away from this nail varnish! It also has a very oily feel so it. It dries in about 5-10 minutes.

on 11/1/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This polish dries within a minute, as promised by "quick dry" top coat, but it does chip when you apply one coat. You may want to apply more than one coat, especially for megnetic polises because that can chip within a day. Otherwise, it lasts for around 3-5 days maximum and will do a pretty good job of keeping the polish shiny and glossy looking.

on 9/16/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I have the Quick Dry Top Coat in the square bottle. It works well enough in keeping my nails shiny and harder to chip, but my nails always start cracking with this polish after a couple of days. No matter what colour or brand I wear, my polish always, always cracks. It doesn't happen with Seche Vite, so I don't think I'm bending my nails too much or something. Also picks up colour when the coat underneath isn't bone dry--but who can wait hours before applying a top coat? Would not buy again!

on 9/14/2012 9:31:00 PM

Does the job and well. Leaves my nails shiney and it dries quick. Well priced though I'd like to see a nice wide, flat brush. I would buy it again if I was cruising the drug store aisles in a heartbeat but I think other brands could bring the shine more.

on 8/13/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

It dries pretty quickly, but depending on what polish I use, not all the way through. I noticed small bubbles. I don't know if it's because of the polish I use or this topcoat. But I've bought this several times already. It's my favorite drugstore topcoat.

Like others have said, it does make your nailpolish peel off in one piece lol. it's fun to peel off in the shower after a week after a manicure. I don't really think that's a con though... it's not a pro either. Just something interesting.