April 20, 2014 | 1486 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Alexamariieee

I have repurchased this topcoat 2x. I love it, it dries relatively fast and is almost always on sale. It do notice some tiny bubbles sometimes but nothing too crazy. Also when u get a 3/4 done its so goofy you cannot spread it but that is normal for quick dry topcoats. Totally reccomend

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by pianogal101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm kind of new to the world of nail polish. I did do a bit of research here and there on top coats, and everyone raves about seche vite despite the shrinkage and the toulene. However, I found this revlon product at my Walgreens at a pretty good price and tried it out. The dry time is not too bad. If you wait half a hour, it should be pretty dang dry. I love what it does after it dries. It stays shiny forever and seriously protects most of my polishes from chipping. I've gone 4-5 days with China glaze and this top coat with zero chipping. It's big 3 free as well. When I first started, the consistency was quite thin, but that didn't matter. It always self-leveled and created a sort of thick-but-not-too-thick protective clear layer over my mani that hid any mistakes I made with my color polish. Now, I am nearing the last third of the bottle, and of course, it has become very goopy. I haven't bought any thinner, so what I do is get a really big glop of it on the brush and spread it out on my nail. Don't worry about streaks and little bald patches because despite being so gloppy it evens out pretty nicely. Just be sure to not get too little of the product. It also dries lightning fast now that it's so gooey, and my mani is usually dry after 10 minutes. One thing I'll mention is that it does smear konad if you drag it over the nail so be sure to apply it delicately. Overall, I'd say the best thing about this top coat is the crazy long lasting shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my second quick dry top coat. My first was Seche Vite. I really liked how fast it dried my polish, within 30 seconds! But I hated how it became goopy and thick. It became very difficult to get any of the polish out. Also, the brush didn't reach all the way to the end of the bottle, so I would have to lay it on its side to try to get it out. This Revlon top coat was about $5 at Target, and I had a $3 coupon. I liked that the brush reached to the bottom, so I can get to the bottom of the bottle. The consistency is not anywhere thick as SV. The polish wasn't runny or thick, it was the perfect consistency. So far, I am liking it a lot. I haven't noticed any shrinkage, and it keeps my polish very shiny and smooth. It doesn't dry as fast as SV, but still fast enough. Also, I like that there is no strong smell like SV. I will keep getting this for my top coat until it starts to wear out on me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

I have this love hate relationship with this top coat. i like how thin it is but hate that it smears. i konad alot so when i use this it often smears. but ive learned not to paint it on too hard. i love how glossy and cheap it is. i think its better than sv because i heard sv has toluene. also compared to the sally hansen insta dry anti chip one i think this is alot glossier and dries better. I wish it had a wide brush tho. the brush is kind of small and takes me 2-3 stroke sometimes to cover an entire nail.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LuxeLuver374

I don't want to say this is necessarily better than Seche Vite; I think it just comes down to your personal preference. However, this top coat beats out SV for me personally, because:

1) It has a thinner consistency (but still self-levels very well).
2) The brush actually reaches close to the bottom of the bottle (which means less wasted product).
3) It is big-3 free, which makes me easier in my mind about using it.
4) It is slightly cheaper, and Revlon is almost always running some sort of sale.
5) It does add shine and dry lacquer to the touch (note: that's to the touch, not completely!) in about 10-15 min. A little slower than SV, but still not bad.
6) No shrinkage whatsoever.

I do have two issues with Revlon's top coat, however:

1) I've used it with Deborah Lippmann, OPI, and Revlon polishes so far and every time, without fail, my nail polish would peel off in a single sheet after about a week. Makes removal easier, haha, but...weird. And annoying. This is the reason I docked a lipstick from the overall rating.

2) Color transfer (means that the brush picks up the polish color and tints your top coat). Also had this issue with SV and it drove me nuts. However, I figured out how to avoid this: Wait for 5-10 min after you paint your last coat to apply Revlon's top coat. The polish dries enough in this time to prevent color transfer. If color transfer still occurs, wipe the color off the top coat brush (which is clear, so you can see if there's color at the tip) onto a piece of tissue or something before you stick it back in the bottle.

Overall, passing over the peeling issue, I would buy this again. It has replaced SV as my go-to quick-dry topcoat.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1021

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This top coat dries faster and works better than any Opi, Essie and Orly products. It goes on smooth and dries enamel very quickly. Definitely my favorite top coat so far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I like the formula of this top coat. When I apply it, it dries the surface of my manicure quickly, and all the way through within 30-45 minutes. The problem with this, however, is the brush. Now I can tolerate Revlon's notoriously skinny brushes for the sake of the quality nail polish. I can't, however, deal with the pulling, balding, and denting this ill-designed brush does to my fresh manicures! For this reason I've docked two lippies. I won't buy this again until Revlon redesigns the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by crystelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always on the run with work and home and I always find myself blowing on my nails. This Revlon Quick Dry is awesome. I put it on about a minute after I paint my nails and it drys my nails quickly. I would recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by EmilyTheShopaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This top coat works well for me. I have a brand new bottle of Seche Vite, but I still got some shrinkage with a couple polishes and it didn't end up as shiny as I wanted it. I don't get any shrinkage with the Revlon top coat. It makes the polish look flawless, even if there were issues with application. It just smooths everything out. I LOVE the high shine finish.

I will say it dries slowly when compared to other quick dry top coats, especially Seche Vite. But it dries quick enough for me. I always do my nails at night and never have sheet marks (and I always did with OPI's top coat.) It definitely does not dry to a hard finish in 60 seconds like it claims.

It's a nice formula, not runny but thin enough that it goes on like a dream. My bottle is only about a month old, though, so it may thicken up with time. Although I paid like $4.50 for it at Target, so I wouldn't be too upset if I had to buy another bottle in a couple months.

After trying many different brands and formulas over the years searching for the perfect top coat, I'm happy I've finally found this one. It's the perfect one for me.

Edit: I had to take off a lippy for formula inconsistency! The second bottle I bought bubbles up no matter what I do! Not to mention the brush barely reaches halfway down the bottle. The packaging is god awful! I loved this stuff at first but then I used too much and bought a new bottle, and I'm kind of disillusioned. I've switched to Poshe and am happier with that for now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up after getting SO frustrated with how quickly Seche Vite went from AWESOME to a thick, goopy mess. I've had it for 6 months or so now, and the bottle is *just* running out - and I do probably two manicures a week at least. Its STILL of a thin consistency, not AS thin as it was, but definitely easy to apply (just hard to reach the bottom of the bottle!). I don't like Revlon polishes as a rule, but this quick-dry top coat is pretty stellar. Doesn't dry as fast or as shiny as Seche Vite, but I'll take the slightly longer dry time over tossing half a bottle of Seche out just because it becomes unusable! And this cheaper, too :)