July 26, 2014 | 938 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by laurista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does the job and well. Leaves my nails shiney and it dries quick. Well priced though I'd like to see a nice wide, flat brush. I would buy it again if I was cruising the drug store aisles in a heartbeat but I think other brands could bring the shine more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by barebearxo

It dries pretty quickly, but depending on what polish I use, not all the way through. I noticed small bubbles. I don't know if it's because of the polish I use or this topcoat. But I've bought this several times already. It's my favorite drugstore topcoat.

Like others have said, it does make your nailpolish peel off in one piece lol. it's fun to peel off in the shower after a week after a manicure. I don't really think that's a con though... it's not a pro either. Just something interesting.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by danger_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all the glowing reviews about this top coat, I went out and bought two, hoping to replace my old top coat (Seche Vite). This smells much better than SV (in fact, it smells pretty awesome), doesn't cause shrinkage or change the color of my polish like SV did, you get more product for your money but the positives stop there.

This top coat is just okay. It doesn't self-level. The coat is not glossy. It doesn't dry as quickly as SV...I mean, how could it? It's so oily!!! I've applied this on semi-wet polish and dry polish. It takes several hours for the polish to cure and I still woke up with bed sheet marks on my fingers and toes. My fingers faired much better than my toes.

And there are bubbles. Lots of bubbles on my polish where there were none before.

However disappointed I am with this coat, I won't go back to Seche Vite. I will continue searching for that perfect quick dry top coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. This is my first experience using a quick dry nail polish and so far I'm pretty pleased it leaves a nice shiny finish and dries very quickly. What I don't like is the fact that its so oily its kind of weird to work with because when I'm done painting a nail its running down the side of my finger and making my hand an oily dripping mess i think I might be using too much. Other than that I like it and I'll repurchase..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Dries quick and leaves a nice shiny top coat. Big 3 Free. Doesn't smell nearly as bad as Sache Vite. I just keep coming back to it. You can always find this on sale at drugstores and plus coupons from the newspaper.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 is because I want to try out more top coat brands before i declare this my HG. But so far, this has been my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Alexamariieee

I have repurchased this topcoat 2x. I love it, it dries relatively fast and is almost always on sale. It do notice some tiny bubbles sometimes but nothing too crazy. Also when u get a 3/4 done its so goofy you cannot spread it but that is normal for quick dry topcoats. Totally reccomend

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by pianogal101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm kind of new to the world of nail polish. I did do a bit of research here and there on top coats, and everyone raves about seche vite despite the shrinkage and the toulene. However, I found this revlon product at my Walgreens at a pretty good price and tried it out. The dry time is not too bad. If you wait half a hour, it should be pretty dang dry. I love what it does after it dries. It stays shiny forever and seriously protects most of my polishes from chipping. I've gone 4-5 days with China glaze and this top coat with zero chipping. It's big 3 free as well. When I first started, the consistency was quite thin, but that didn't matter. It always self-leveled and created a sort of thick-but-not-too-thick protective clear layer over my mani that hid any mistakes I made with my color polish. Now, I am nearing the last third of the bottle, and of course, it has become very goopy. I haven't bought any thinner, so what I do is get a really big glop of it on the brush and spread it out on my nail. Don't worry about streaks and little bald patches because despite being so gloppy it evens out pretty nicely. Just be sure to not get too little of the product. It also dries lightning fast now that it's so gooey, and my mani is usually dry after 10 minutes. One thing I'll mention is that it does smear konad if you drag it over the nail so be sure to apply it delicately. Overall, I'd say the best thing about this top coat is the crazy long lasting shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my second quick dry top coat. My first was Seche Vite. I really liked how fast it dried my polish, within 30 seconds! But I hated how it became goopy and thick. It became very difficult to get any of the polish out. Also, the brush didn't reach all the way to the end of the bottle, so I would have to lay it on its side to try to get it out. This Revlon top coat was about $5 at Target, and I had a $3 coupon. I liked that the brush reached to the bottom, so I can get to the bottom of the bottle. The consistency is not anywhere thick as SV. The polish wasn't runny or thick, it was the perfect consistency. So far, I am liking it a lot. I haven't noticed any shrinkage, and it keeps my polish very shiny and smooth. It doesn't dry as fast as SV, but still fast enough. Also, I like that there is no strong smell like SV. I will keep getting this for my top coat until it starts to wear out on me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

I have this love hate relationship with this top coat. i like how thin it is but hate that it smears. i konad alot so when i use this it often smears. but ive learned not to paint it on too hard. i love how glossy and cheap it is. i think its better than sv because i heard sv has toluene. also compared to the sally hansen insta dry anti chip one i think this is alot glossier and dries better. I wish it had a wide brush tho. the brush is kind of small and takes me 2-3 stroke sometimes to cover an entire nail.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LuxeLuver374

I don't want to say this is necessarily better than Seche Vite; I think it just comes down to your personal preference. However, this top coat beats out SV for me personally, because:

1) It has a thinner consistency (but still self-levels very well).
2) The brush actually reaches close to the bottom of the bottle (which means less wasted product).
3) It is big-3 free, which makes me easier in my mind about using it.
4) It is slightly cheaper, and Revlon is almost always running some sort of sale.
5) It does add shine and dry lacquer to the touch (note: that's to the touch, not completely!) in about 10-15 min. A little slower than SV, but still not bad.
6) No shrinkage whatsoever.

I do have two issues with Revlon's top coat, however:

1) I've used it with Deborah Lippmann, OPI, and Revlon polishes so far and every time, without fail, my nail polish would peel off in a single sheet after about a week. Makes removal easier, haha, but...weird. And annoying. This is the reason I docked a lipstick from the overall rating.

2) Color transfer (means that the brush picks up the polish color and tints your top coat). Also had this issue with SV and it drove me nuts. However, I figured out how to avoid this: Wait for 5-10 min after you paint your last coat to apply Revlon's top coat. The polish dries enough in this time to prevent color transfer. If color transfer still occurs, wipe the color off the top coat brush (which is clear, so you can see if there's color at the tip) onto a piece of tissue or something before you stick it back in the bottle.

Overall, passing over the peeling issue, I would buy this again. It has replaced SV as my go-to quick-dry topcoat.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No