Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Me Up

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sorry, but I'm going to have to give this an overall 3. First off, I'm not really a lipstick person so I thought I'd give this a try when CVS was having 2/$10. This was really pretty in the tube, swatched, and swatched on someone's lips on beautyswatch (a website that has lipstick swatches on people's lips). I also bought this color because of another Asian girl said it was flattering for her complexion. I'm an asian NC 25-30 in the summer and a bit lighter in the winter. My lips are, I would say medium-to pretty pigmented, a pinky-berry-muave color (more on the pink berry side). I actually wanted to get a lipstick color in almost the same shade as my lip color (haha, sounds weird, but I really like my lip color and I didn't just want a clear gloss or balm). This on without a concealer or nude shade to cancel out my original lip color was sooooooo bright. It is definitely a medium pink with a hint of muave (though I don't really see it?) no blue, peach, or coral undertones. It doesn't really match well with my coloring. I will probably have to just apply one coat or something.

Packaging-wise, this isn't that great. It's flimsy and I can see why so many people dislike it.

Texture-wise, it's pretty smooth but the shinyness does seem to disappear after a few minutes with balm underneath.

I like the finish of it, it's not as shiny as a gloss and I love how it's matte.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this color again.

on 2/28/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you have a coupon, this product will be pretty cheap!
Overall, I like this color a lot. I'm NC30 and have pigmented lips, so what I do is put on a nude colored lipstick first then put on pink me up. The result is quite amazing!

on 2/1/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After seeing good reviews on this line of lipstick on MUA I wanted to try it out. I actually wanted to get the Park Av Peach because I'm not a 'pink person' but it was out of stock at 2 stores... So I ended up buying this one.

My notes:
(1) I was pleasantly surprised, this pink looks very nice on me (Asian skin tone). It's a very versatile pink I think - it looks different under different light (in a good way)! It's very matte (I like) but not too dull-looking.
(2) The texture is very soft and color is quite rich, slightly more color than the moisture extreme line. The smell is nice and has no weird taste.
(3) It is actually a bit drying. My lips are chronically dry so this doesn't help. Maybe I should stick with moisture extreme.
(4) Lasting power is okay, need to reapply after eating, as usual.
(5) I can see they wanted to do something creative with the packaging but I think its too bulky..
(6) The other thing I don't like is that this color makes my teeth appear quite yellow.. for some reason :S

Sorry to bring down the "100% buy again" status. I personally won't buy cos I'm not a big fan of pink lips and it's a bit drying for me.

on 1/25/2010 11:26:00 PM

Excellent color - sort of a pinker version of MAC Cosmo. This is Cosmo's sister!

No mauve tone or bluish color - just bright - just right pink!

This color looks pretty light in the tube, but it is pretty bright on my NC25-30 skin. I don't think it necessarily looks *bad* on me, but I just don't think I'm used to it. It's a medium pink cream. The texture of the lipstick is a tad waxy and can look dry on the lips without a touch of gloss, but is still smooth and doesn't tug. I like that it isn't too slippery though, so lasting power will be better as opposed to a really glossy lipstick.
Not an everyday lipstick for me, but it's a pretty color.

on 12/17/2009 4:27:00 PM

Wow, like most others here, I loved this lipstick too. I picked it up at Walmart, it was on sale for $5.
The shade looked pretty in the tube. But usually I am disappointed when I actually try the lipstick on my lips because it tends to look different than it does in the tube, even if I totally blank my lips out with concealer. I have light skin. It's fair in the winter and medium in the summer. This lipstick is sooo flattering. It's hard to find a perfect pink because most have either too much blue undertones or too much peachy undertones. This one has none of those undertones yet looks very soft and beautiful. It would flatter many skin tones. It feels great on the lips too, not heavy or cakey. Also, I love the creamy and satin consistency and finish of it. It makes your lips look plumper and soo yummy and kissable. You also do not need to use gloss over it because it has a very beautiful finish with just the right amount of shine.
I am very pleased with the color sensational line by Maybelline. My favorite shades are "Are you Reddy"-a perfect red for all skin tones, and it's flattering in the daylight too, and "Coral Crush" which is beautiful on tanned skin as well as light. I disliked the shade "Nearly There". It totally washed me out and it's too frosty. However, I will definitely repurchase the others and try more. The only thing that might bother you is the packaging, the caps go loose, crack, and can fall off. But I takes very good care of my makeup so I have not had this problem yet. Hope this helps!!

on 11/3/2009 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE THIS! All of the other reviewers have described the color so I won't bother. I actually like this better than my Chanel lipstick. In fact, I bought several of the pinks in this line because the colors are EXCELLENT and from looking at the other color families (that I normally wouldn't wear), they look beautiful as well!

I know that this lipstick line is going to pull end all of you high-end buyers if you'll just give it a try!

on 10/26/2009 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick right now its my go to lipstick..its gorgeous cant say enough!!!

on 10/2/2009 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I think I am in love. I am a lipstick ho and I always like them ok, but never love. This makes my green eyes POP! Pretty long lasting, and I love the packaging. BOGO at Rite Aid! The other color I got was a coral, a little too bright. You know how Holly Madison has her signature lipstick? (I know, trashy pleasure, Girls Next Door) Anyway, this might be mine!

on 9/27/2009 1:48:00 AM

Jeez, I hate to be the downer on this lipstick, but it just didn't work for me. I think the pink is a bit too bright for my fair-ish skin. It looked okay at home, but when I checked my lips outside, they seemed a bit garish. Also, the creamy factor didn't last long, though I must say that the lipstick wore off evenly, which is a plus. I don't think there's anything at all special about the tube, other than it doesn't fit into my lipstick tube holding tray. I'm going to give another color a try before I write off the line.

Popular Lipsticks