Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 2/3/2015 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

An absolute favourite product of mine for those with skin issues, mine being acne. I don't have sensitive skin, but after using a few topical acne treatments that burn your skin, my usual moisturiser stung (probably because it was fragranced, not sure though). When my parents bought me my prescription acne treatment from the chemist, Dad picked up some Cetaphil Moisturiser for me and I love it. It's not too heavy and greasy as I find a lot of moisturisers to be and even better - my skin doesn't burn! Provides nice coverage and does the job. Would definitely recommend, especially for those undergoing treatment for skin troubles such as acne, roscea, eczema, etc

on 2/1/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this cream to help treat some eczema on my face as well as act as an overall facial moisturizer. Though it appears thick and emollient, this cream did nothing to help my eczema. I feel like this cream just sits on my skin (making it sticky) and doesn't actually sink in to moisturize. If I try to rub it in more it just balls up. I kept trying it because Cetaphil is supposedly recommended by so many derms but I finally gave up after so many eczema flares with absolutely no help from this cream. I now use Aveeno eczema lotion (just on eczema spots) and am still search for my HG facial moisturizer.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Probably the best face moisturizer ever??? This might be one of the products I will not survive without. Absolutely love it

on 1/30/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have dehydrated-normal skin and am prone to eczema (mostly on my body).

I wanted to like it but unfortunately this isn't moisturizing enough for daily use except for when my skin is least dry during the summer. For me it absorbs in under a minute but it leaves my skin still feeling slightly tight (instead of supple) unless I layer an oil (usually argan oil but any will do) on top. When I'm at my driest I do need to do that with any moisturizer I've used, but I find Haus of Gloi pumpkin butter and CeraVe cream to be more moisturizing and I prefer them for regular use.

For someone with a normal skin type looking for something heavier than a lotion but not quite as heavy as a body butter I imagine this would work well. However, for someone with dehydrated or extremely dry skin this may not be enough.

on 1/28/2015 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My face is very dry, so after seeing such raving reviews about this product I had pretty high expectations for it. I don't feel like it's worth the hype though.

Is it moisturizing? Yes, but I have extremely dry skin with occasional flaky patches and it's certainly not my holy grail of face moisturizers. I feel like I could find a better moisturizer out there.

I use this for my face only so the 16 oz tub will last me literally for. ever. You don't need much to cover an area, as it glides pretty smoothly across your face. My biggest issue is that if I put on too much or rub it in for too long, I get little squishy lotion balls all over my face. It took about a week of applying this every night to get just the right amount coupled with a certain application technique so that I didn't get those balls. My advice would be to use less than you think you need and gently pat - don't rub - it in. It takes a long time to sink in. I don't use a lot of product and right now my face is still a little slimy/tuggy(? lol that's not even a word) when I rub my fingers over certain spots, and this is 5 hours later.

I wish this came in a squeeze tube or something more sanitary. I really don't like the idea of sticking my fingers into it, getting the lotion under my finger nails and exposing it to air every day. I wish the tub was a bit smaller because for my facial application, it's obnoxiously large. I transferred some to a much smaller travel jar when I went out of state and continued using the rest in the jar once I got back home and I much prefer the smaller jar. So I've since been transferring the lotion into the smaller jar for my nightly use.

Overall, it's worth getting to try it out and for the price it really is hard to beat. But don't have high expectations, this is definitely not for everyone.

on 1/18/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as my night cream and during the day I use Neutrogena Sensitive.

Out of everything I've tried using for night time to moisturizer my skin, I just don't feel like this is working. My skin stays plump for maybe an hour max with this (I apply while relaxing before bedtime). It seems to then dry out and I feel like my skin is back to square one.

I think my skin may be dehydrated. So I'm ordering Squalane to try and see if that'll help.

I'm switching up my skincare again because I'm so tired of my foundation always looking cakey no matter what I do (I've tried different foundations, different primers, wait time between skincare products and makeup products, BB/makeup sponges, different brushes, changing up my skincare a lot, and different types of application before using the BB/brush/clean hands).

I really wanted to love this product. at first glance I thought this product would be the answer to me trying to find a really gentle moisturizer. it turns out that was the farthest from the truth. it feel like your face is suffocating, and it turned my face BRIGHT RED!!!!....my skin just felt irritated,and I was breaking out. I continued to use it for the fact that I didnt want to waste my money. eventually I couldnt take it anymore. I was so embarrassed at school, and it brought on facial blushing like you wouldnt believe. The teacher would call on me and my face would turn bright fire red, I could feel the unbearable heat. thats something that has never happened to me before, before this experience, I hardly ever blushed. I feel like I have had a very unusual experience. never moisturized, just ruined everything. its made with inferior products that do nothing but wreak havic. since then my skin has returned to normal.

on 1/5/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A great moisturizer to use, if you are on a prescription acne medication and your skin becomes very dry. Or, if you have very dry skin in general.

I would only recommend that this cream be used by others who are using prescription topical acne medication, or those who have dry, and/or sensitive skin. If you do not have such, then I would be very cautious about using this cream on your face at all. As, it definitely may clog your pores badly and cause breakouts.

I do not wear this under makeup. As, I have found it not to be makeup compatible at all (at least for me).

on 1/3/2015 3:04:00 AM

A big fat NO to this product. I purchased it in the large tub for around AUD$20 I think on special, and it lasted me and my sister just under a year before I finally came around to chucking it out with about half left - oh the relief!!!

I have combo skin - dry cheeks, oily T Zone, however I have dry skin flakes on my nose so I figured this product was worth a shot. Boy was I wrong, it was HORRIBLE, no matter the amount, even when i put a small pea size equally over my whole face, I'd wake up all shiny in the morning, which is a very gross feeling, as the product did not sink in, it sat on top of my skin feeling extremely oily. I still kept using regardless, simply due to the fact that I did not have the money to splurge on a new moisturiser, especially considering the amount of product given in the tub.

The product had no noticeable scents to it, which was good, but the packaging was extremely unsanitary, and when you think about it, it makes you cringe to think you dip your fingers into it everyday for months to get the product out - BLEH; or you have to use a small spatula, which is just a big hassle for a product that does not perform well, considering the amount of much better products on the market.

on 12/31/2014 2:12:00 PM

I suffer from perioral dermatitis in the winters. It's easy enough to control with the right routine, luckily. I should have known that this product was risky-- one of the first ingredients is petrolatum, which is way too heavy for PD. But I gave it the old college try and it did not work. Not only did it cause my PD to flare up, I developed little red bumps all my body, and a couple of nasty back pimples (which I never get!). I can give it a pass for messing with my face, because my facial skin is picky. But my body skin is not. This product is just way too loaded with petrolatum. I'm exchanging it for the Cerave cream, that one has lighter ingredients.