April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

broke me out in flesh coloured bumps and under the skin white heads all over my chin. This is going to take a long time to recover from :( wah

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by moniib

I need this oil. NEED it. I started using this oil from big lots, didn't say it was organic, just regular grape seed cooking oil. My hormonal, dry, cystic adult acne skin looked more amazing then it ever had. Grape seed oil cleared my acne and made my skin look young and glowy. I even left it on over night and it would help even more with my acne. Amazing. Then I ran and started experimenting with other oils and ww3 happened on my skin. It was horrible. I even tried going back to drugstore cleansers (yuck) but then I finally bought grape seed oil again and in just two days my skin is way clearer, pores smaller. less irritated and just looks more normal and feels normal. I couldn't believe how much of a different it made. This time I bought an expeller pressed oil from sprouts, and I can tell a difference between the first one that I bought. Definitely opt for the most natural that you can get. I also love grape seed oil because I don't have to spend 10 minutes trying to get all of the oil off of my face cause it doesn't clog my pores. And i think it just feels lighter then other oilsI love love love this oil. I also use it day and night as a eye moisturizer. Maybe difference in my wrinkles and eye bags. Oh grape seed oil, I will never leave you again.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by contemplativegirl21

I have been on the oil bandwagon since roughly 2007. I was in college and my friends all thought I was crazy for putting olive oil/castor oil blends on my face.

Well, I've since refined my "oil for beauty products" routine and I've come across so many wonderful oils: coconut, safflower, almond, jojoba, etc. The one I kept going back to was safflower, until I came across grapeseed.

I can honestly say that grapeseed oil has become my HG of "oil for skin care," followed closely by safflower.

Why is this? Well, unlike many other oils, particularly olive, there is little to no smell. The oils that smell the best, in my opinion, are coconut and sweet almond, however, sweet almond really didn't do much for me in terms of skin care and, as much as I wanted to love it, coconut oil seemed to aggravate my skin--I still love to use it in my cooking, however.

Anyway, this and safflower oil defiantly have the least overpowering smells and are light--this one being far lighter.

Grapeseed is the only oil I can use as a moisturizer during the day without making my skin look like a greasy mess--rather, it gives my skin a velvety soft finish. I have combination skin, so I can occasionally get away with heavy oils, but if you have oily skin, I would recommend something light and grapeseed is definitely one of the lightest oils I've used.

I also like to use it as a carrier oil. I've recently been mixing it with geranium oil for my night moisturizer. It's versatile and a fair price--I love it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- lightweight
- balances oily skin
- absorbs quickly
- high in antioxidants
- provides sun protection

Cons

- expires quickly

Comments: I would never think that an oil could control my...oil. This is fantastic for oily skin. It is now my go-to facial moisturizer. It apparently also helps with stretch marks, but I will have to use this a while longer to see if I get results. I have used this as a heat protectant with no damage to my hair (no my hair didn't turn into fried chicken) and controls frizz better than my silicone-based serums without weighing down my fine hair. Napa Valley Naturals is supposedly the brand to go for when purchasing this oil, but I even like Life-Flo quite a bit and is found at most health stores.

Will repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mishigirl

I started using grapeseed oil Nov 2012. So far so good! It helped my skin deal with the dryness from the heater and even though I'm oily it doesn't really make me oilier nor does it cause me to break out more. At night after cleansing, I wipe down my face with some oil on a cotton ball and it still manages to pull dirt and makeup off. Then I put moisturizer on top. Morning routine is similar, I put on a light layer then spf moisturizer on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just buy my grapeseed oil in the cooking section of coles and it does the trick plus its organic.
I have dry skin which becomes super oily and im prone to acne as a result. Not nice!
I used this and it kept my oily skin at bay and hence the acne at bay but for some unknown reason, I became bored of clear skin and stopped using it. I know, its insane. So yeah, now I'm breaking out again.
Time to go get myself another bottle of this liquid gold.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is oily and acne-prone, yet sensitive to fragrance and any form of coconut. This leaves many "natural" products out. I love grapeseed oil as a pre-cleanse in the AM and PM, as it is the number one reason my skin produces less oil and looks almost normal/balanced. I used to have oil slicks around my nose and cheeks, and it looks so much better now. I also use this on my chest for clogged pores, then rinse with olive oil soap.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have combination rosacea skin. I've tried grapeseed oil on two occasions. Both times it has caused me to breakout and simultaneously given me terrible dry flaky nasolabial folds. Yuck! I wish I hadn't given it a second chance. My skin feels awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by SxxH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this! Its so gentle and moisturizing. Once I used a hair removal lotion, and it damaged my skin so bad. I couldn't even smile, it burned and it leaved my skin so dry in that area! So all I did was I washed my face with oatmeal and then I patted on some grapeseed oil. The day after it didn't burn so much and it was so soft! And in two days it was gone! I use it everyday after I come from school and wash my face. I only use it when I'm not going out and when I'm going to sleep. Since my skin is so oily I cant use it during the day. I also use it as a conditioner for the hair and for the body.
LOVE IT!! Such a life saver!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by yguo001

At first, my skin never looked so radiant and healthy after using this oil for few days. then the nightmare started.. I had really bad breakout!! I will never use or even touch this oil again. i guess it's just my skin doesn't like it. but i believe it will be a wonderful skincare for someone who don't breakout so easily. just be careful with this oil.