October 25, 2014 | 1123 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by catsaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful baby pink blush, perfect for pale skin with redness, as most blushes look too harsh on my skin and make me look like I've been sitting in a hot car.
Katie and Pink Cult are my everyday blushes, definitely get this if you're fair with reddish skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this blush. It is one of the only illamasqua products i'd without a doubt buy again, even at $40 a pop in Australia.

I am NW15-20 and this looks like the most innocent doll colour on me. love it.

It also seems to highlight my face. I use it without bronzer for a really bright carefree look. People comment when I'm wearing it that I look "Peaches and Cream"

It is very loosely packed down though as a pressed blush, and product is easily wasted if you more than tap your brush into it. I always end up blowing away the loosened blush dust to keep my MU drawers clean.

I'd give this 10 lipsticks if i could. My favorite blush, replacing springsheen as my easy no fuss perfect blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't rave enough about Illamasqua Katie. It is a matte, pale, cool, milky pastel pink. So often, pastel blushes are chalky or invisible. Katie isn't. It's pigmented, it's easily layered; the effect is hard to describe: not too doll-like, not too candyish... more springlike and flowery. (I write horrible copy. The point is... it's pink, but it's not tawdry. It's ethereal. Better?) It has excellent wear and stays true to color, which makes it a good value. If you have porcelain skin, you owe it to yourself to give Katie a try. I don't love the packaging--it's a little bulky while being plain. You also have to be aware that the powder is really dusty. The powder issue has started to really get under my skin, and I'm not sure that I'd repurchase. I'm definitely looking for the same lovely color in a better formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by juliemitc

So I bought into the hype and bought this during the Sephora FF sale. I agree with other reviewers that it works very well for my NW10 skin and rosacea. This and my Trish McEvoy Perfect1 are my go to blushes that really make my cheeks have a nice glow, despite the fact that they are matte.

For me the packaging isn't the worst, from the reviews I thought it would be hard to open and super thick. It isn't hard to open and it doesn't break my nails or anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had heard that Illamasqua blushes were top notch, and given my screen name you can imagine why "Katie" caught my eye when I looked at them on Sephora's webpage (who doesn't love finding a great product that shares their name?) It seemed Katie was meant for me--someone with very fair, cool toned skin. I ordered it during Sephora's F&F sale, and it has turned out to be a perfect purchase. While the color looks chalky in the pan, it is anything but when applied. It's very smooth and mineral-like. It gives a great glow to my face, and the color stays true all day (I do wear a primer). The only drawback is the packaging, which I find incredibly difficult to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by injectlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

I love this color!!!! i have such a hard time finding blush that looks good on me. my cheeks are a bit flushed already so i don't want to look red. this looked chalky at first but on the cheeks it looks SOOOO nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this blush! I was expecting to be let down, because when I picked it up in Sephora today it looked so chalky and pale I thought "this is not going to be good" but I've been wanting forever so bought it anyway. I have been super impressed with every Illamasqua product, and this is no exception - stunning! I'm fair and freckled, and my cheeks can look a little ruddy, but this is so pigmented it blends right over the ruddiness and leaves me with this lovely, youthful pink that makes my skin look amazing - it is so pigmented I can't adequately describe! It is a bit like a mineral powder, very soft and easy to blend. I am for sure going back for more of these lovelies!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by cocoblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely matte colour for fair skin. Very finely milled so be careful when rubbing the brush in the pan as it can go everywhere but you get a beautiful colour pay off. Not keen on the way the case opens reminds me of the l'oreal chrome eyeshadows which are a bugger to open! However the clear acrylic window at the front is very clever as it allows you to see what blush is inside without having to open every illamasqua blush in your collection before finding the one you're looking for :-) Would not repurchase as I cant imagine ever running out of it - a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The older I get, the harder it is for me to wear pink blushes, because my super fair skin is getting more and more red patches.... This shade of pink, however, is very wearable. A light, milky, chalky looking pink. The texture of this blush is the most amazing aspect of this product; as someone said below, it does turn into the consistency of a creamy blush (and gives that appearance too). It's so finely milled. The only con is the packaging; it's difficult to open...not a fan.