April 16, 2014 | 1491 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had heard that Illamasqua blushes were top notch, and given my screen name you can imagine why "Katie" caught my eye when I looked at them on Sephora's webpage (who doesn't love finding a great product that shares their name?) It seemed Katie was meant for me--someone with very fair, cool toned skin. I ordered it during Sephora's F&F sale, and it has turned out to be a perfect purchase. While the color looks chalky in the pan, it is anything but when applied. It's very smooth and mineral-like. It gives a great glow to my face, and the color stays true all day (I do wear a primer). The only drawback is the packaging, which I find incredibly difficult to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by injectlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful baby pink blush, perfect for pale skin with redness, as most blushes look too harsh on my skin and make me look like I've been sitting in a hot car.

Katie and Pink Cult are my everyday blushes, definitely get this if you're fair with reddish skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

I love this color!!!! i have such a hard time finding blush that looks good on me. my cheeks are a bit flushed already so i don't want to look red. this looked chalky at first but on the cheeks it looks SOOOO nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this blush! I was expecting to be let down, because when I picked it up in Sephora today it looked so chalky and pale I thought "this is not going to be good" but I've been wanting forever so bought it anyway. I have been super impressed with every Illamasqua product, and this is no exception - stunning! I'm fair and freckled, and my cheeks can look a little ruddy, but this is so pigmented it blends right over the ruddiness and leaves me with this lovely, youthful pink that makes my skin look amazing - it is so pigmented I can't adequately describe! It is a bit like a mineral powder, very soft and easy to blend. I am for sure going back for more of these lovelies!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by cocoblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely matte colour for fair skin. Very finely milled so be careful when rubbing the brush in the pan as it can go everywhere but you get a beautiful colour pay off. Not keen on the way the case opens reminds me of the l'oreal chrome eyeshadows which are a bugger to open! However the clear acrylic window at the front is very clever as it allows you to see what blush is inside without having to open every illamasqua blush in your collection before finding the one you're looking for :-) Would not repurchase as I cant imagine ever running out of it - a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The older I get, the harder it is for me to wear pink blushes, because my super fair skin is getting more and more red patches.... This shade of pink, however, is very wearable. A light, milky, chalky looking pink. The texture of this blush is the most amazing aspect of this product; as someone said below, it does turn into the consistency of a creamy blush (and gives that appearance too). It's so finely milled. The only con is the packaging; it's difficult to open...not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sarajane927

When swatched, this looks like NARS Desire mixed with chalk. It's paradoxical, a light hot pink, a bright baby pink, tough to pin down. However, on my very pale, cool-toned skin, this is absolutely angelic and and unique. Comes off a bright baby pink that lights up my complexion. I've actually never had anything else in my collection quite like this, and that's saying a lot because I've had tons of blushes! The closest thing I can think of is Milani Pink Craze, but that's not as "hot" a pink as this, and thus doesn't brighten me up as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

favorite powder blush! i'm nw15-20 and this looks so nice on. like everyone said it is very pigmented and VERY finely milled. i just tap the side of my blush brush on it and it picks up enough color for both my cheeks. that just means that this blush will last forever though and i'm very okay with that. the packaging is kind of bulky and definitely hard to open. i'd be scared to travel with this because i can definitely see the blush breaking (because of how finely milled it is) if you're pale and you want that cool toned babydoll pink blush GET THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by XODIKA

This is my 3rd blush from this line and I am glad I purchased this. I am a blush fanatic and was a bit on the fence about purchasing this, due to the fact if it would compliment my skin tone, which is NW20. This light, pastel pink gives me that "dollyface" glow that is my trademark look.. Although its light, it still is well pigmented enough to show up beautifully on the face. I am thinking of getting the Indulge lip gloss to pair with this color...
But for now, this goes well with Viva Glam Lady Gaga pink lipstick : )

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by CliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

"Katie" is my second Illamaqua blush, purchased on the recommendations of MUA :)
This blush is insanely pretty, an ultra-soft bubblegum pink that looks perfect on my N10 skin and against my blue eyes and dark red hair.
16.50 isn't much to spend on such a lot of blush, especially when it is so heavily pigmented.
Like "Hussy", I use my MAC 188 to apply "Katie", buffing it into my skin.
I love to pair this blush with smokey eyes (think Benefit "Skinny Jeans" and lots of eyeliner and mascara) and nude lips (MAC "Ever so rich" or "Boy Bait" cremesheen lipglass).
The packaging is sturdy and durable, and very sleek.

I love that Illamasqua have a great selection of blushes at a cheaper price point than other brands. I was disappointed that I could not wear NARS blushes as they break me out, but I am so glad to have found Illamasqua- no break outs and once applied I rarely have to touch up :)

Highly recommended!