April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ehunyadi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never used a base coat before and decided to try it to hold my manicures longer. After having read all the raves about this product I went to Ulta to buy it. It's okay, but doesn't seem to live up to all the hype. I started getting edge wear on day #1. It held well through day #2 but only because I reinforced the nails on my dominant hand with an extra coat of polish. It's day #3 and I have small chips at the top of the nails on my middle fingers (of both hands.)
I will also add that the reason this base coat held up at all is probably because I no longer put creamy lotion on my nails before manicures. I might have had the same results with a cheaper base coat or conversely, no base coat at all.
Looks like I'll be taking this back to Ulta.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by esessa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

CND Stickey is the best base coat I've ever used on my fingernails and toenails. It anchors my nail polish and extends wear. (I'm a frequent hand washer, so the extended wear is so helpful.) I tried CND Toughen Up recently because the store was sold out of Stickey. The Toughen Up was useless for me; within a day after using Toughen Up and topping it with two coats of color, the Toughen up was lifting off my nails. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by meliatx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this stuff really makes my polish stick. Also, buff and put alchohol on before.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG base coat. Can't use anything else! First of all, I've had this since December now and it's more than half empty, and it's NOT thick! It's still perfection! That's a huge plus in my book. And I love the finish it gives, once it dries it dries to a matte-ish finish, which I think gives me the perfect base to work with. Never gonna try another base coat unless I HAVE to, and i mean HAVE to, because Stickey is the best for me! And I'm sure it's a given, it definitely makes my mani's last more than any other base coat I've tried. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

Very nice base coat. Makes my nails feel smooth and glides on so easily.
Remember this is only a base coat though. Sadly it does not strengthen nails or make them healthier but you can't have it all I suppose. Still it's excellent for what it's supposed to do!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first got my bottle of Stickey, I was amazed of how smooth my nail polish applied on the nails with it. It almost seemed as if I wasn't wearing any base coat at all. First problem i noticed was that after a while, I started to notice that my nails were getting a greenish tint. 2nd problem was that half way into the bottle it started getting really thick, almost like SV top coat and difficult to apply. Not sure why nobody else has mentioned those issues here. Not HG for me, the search continues....

Update, got my second bottle. This didn't dry up like my first one. (I must have originally gotten a bad bottle). This Base coat is doing nothing to prevent my polish from chipping or staining. In fact, I think my polish chips faster when I wear it. It's just sitting in my drawer now. It's not worth the hype in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAYLA

This is the best base coat hands down. My mani last 5- 7 days using this as a base and SV as a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Petunia1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite basecoat! I love everything about it; it'll make my manicure last up to 10 days without chipping and minimal tip wear. I suggest it to everyone who does their own nails and wants them to look like they were done professionally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very good base coat but not superior to Gelous. It certainly extended wear but I hated the blue tint which can show up if you have a bad nail dent. I also prefer the smoothing thickness of Gelous but if you want a thinner alternative, Sticky is great. It gives me about the same wear which is why I'm giving it a 5.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got through a day of carving metal without a single chip. No joke. It didn't get through day two, but who am I to judge after that torture test?