August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Eyelash Primer Potion

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by melrose22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a HUGE Urban Decay fan, I must say I'm kind of disappointed in this one. While it does make my eyelashes really long, the promised volume is nowhere to be found, and it often takes the natural curl out of my lashes. Itís also very difficult to cover up and usually takes me about three coats and a lot of coaxing to make all of the white spots go away. One thing about this product that canít go unnoticed is that fact that the packaging and the tube are works of art. Unfortunately though, youíre not spending $20 on something to stare at the packaging in awe. This is something Iíd recommend to someone who already has naturally thick lashes and who doesnít mind straight lashes, otherwise you might want to try something else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One major problem with this that I cannot get past: pulls curl out. Enough said. Garbage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I do feel this is overpriced ($24 CAD) it does work extremely well for me. It gives my lashes amazing volume and length and enhances any mascara I use from drugstore to high end brands. I also like that it doesn't dry out my lashes or make them brittle (which I have experienced w/ MAC's lash primer). It also does a great job at holding a curl. Awesome product but I'm not too keen on the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by jemoSupremo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I bought this primer, I really didn't have any expectations of it. However, even with no expectations I was disappointed. This primer is advertised as "a lengthening, volumizing, and fortifying mascara base."

And how did it perform? Out of the two weeks of using this, I had the exact same result every time:
Lengthening? I did notice that it did make my eyelashes look a little bit longer, but that doesn't really matter since it would undo the perfect curl I would get from my eyelash curler. Normally when I curl my lashes, it would hold for a little bit even if I don't put anything overtop. When I apply this on right after I curl my lashes, I can literally see my lashes straightening out.
Volumizing? I love the look of fluffy, voluminous eyelashes. This did not help me achieve that. It didn't do anything to add any volume. In fact, after I put on my volumizing mascara (that normally does a great job on its own) my eyelashes looked quite pathetic and spidery.
Fortifying? I'm not sure if I've used this long enough to be able to give a good review on this. However, this primer did seem to make my eyelashes look much glossier, even when I have mascara overtop.

One thing that did make me happy, though, was that this did keep my mascara from flaking and smudging. It really help it stay put.

Overall, I don't really feel satisfied enough to keep this, let alone repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am an Urban Decay fan, and have been looking for a good eyelash primer. I have tried a few of the d/s brand primers and always end up with scary spider lashes and clumps galore - so i decided to fork out the $ for this.

I am not impressed. This is not any better (if not worse) than any of the d/s brands i have tried. I have tried applying this primer and then mascara right away when it is still wet - clumps like crazy and I totally lose the curl. I have tried letting it dry and then applying mascara - this is a little bit better - but still lose all curl and have some clumps - there is NO BENEFIT whatsoever. Strait clumpy lashes no matter what. boooooo Urban Decay! Ridiculous price for a worthless product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by vtruong

I bought this 2 days ago and returned it 1 day later. it looked longer but for 20 bucks really not worth it. for 20 dollars you guys should try smashbox hyperlash! now THAT is good stuff

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mschah18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Added crazy length, not really any volume though. I didn't have a problem with my mascara over it, and a couple coats of mascara helped boost my volume. I noticed my mascara started flaking a bit though, which it didn't do previously. Fluke maybe? Still a good product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this today at Ulta for $20 and this is some good stuff. I also bought the LA Splash mascara primer and I wrote up a review for that as well. I will be buying this again unless I find something that makes my lashes even more dramatic! I put this on and then followed with my L'Oreal Telescopic right away while it was still wet and wow! The added length was very very noticeable for me. I didn't see a whole heck of a lot of volume but hey I can buy a tube of that:) overall I would buy again but I also want to try the Shiseido.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I loved this, did exactly what it promised and I am satisfied! Personally prefer this over the lancom cils booster!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by yingyingz

I personally was unsatisfied with this product because it did not add noticeable volume or length to my lashes. In fact, i had trouble with it because my lashes would appear more white and i had to layer more mascara on to cover it up. I heard that Shiseido's lash primer is the best and shows much more of a difference.