August 1, 2014 | 1855 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Went to get this colour as i had six empties. I have found all the mac lipsticks i have purchased over the last couple of months do not have the same vanilla smell as they used to. They smell like old lipsticks and when i put it on it tastes a little horrible. I am not sure if they have changed their formulas but i will not repurchase anymore mac.

The colour of this lipstick is pinky mauve and perfect for everyday but as it is a lustre it does wear off quick and you need to reapply constantly. I wouldnt say its the prettiest lipstick i have and its just average.

before you purchase just be aware of the smell (card boardey not vanilla). This is the second lipstick i got in a different formula and still the same smell and taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by littleann818

LOVE this lipstick! I have super dry lips and this lipstick makes my lips really feel moisturized while giving it the perfect shade of plum-pink! I love it! It's kinda of a sheer coverage too but can build up to full coverage! Would be great for a variety of skin tones. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG lipstick. I first tried this on at my local Mac and I've been in love with it ever since. To me its a nude purpley pink. I wear it alone or under my Pink Lemonade lipglass or Venus dazzleglass. Looks amazing with both, and alone it lasts about 3-4 hours on me :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I said id buy this again but that would only be if they DCed Faux l/s which i pref more. This is ok, just not my fav.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty color. On me, it's just a nice, moderate, cool-toned pink. It has some mauve undertones for sure, but it is not as mauve as I expected. I am not a huge fan of the lustre finish, it's sheer and doesn't stay at all. But it doesn't dry out my lips and it smells nice. Also the color goes with lots of different looks, so I do wear this on a fairly regular basis. I like it, don't love it. Hopefully I'll find a revlon super lustrous shade that's similar so I won't have to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite nude-everyday-color. It is just a hint of color, but it really makes the difference. A coldish/neutral pink perfectly suited for people with fair skin with a cold undertone.
Not suitable for a dramatic evening style, just for looking natural and well-groomed everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick has been a staple for me for what seems like a million years! Syrup is described as a cloudy pink on the MAC website, I would add that it is a distinctly cool shade with a touch of pearlescence. Itís a lustre formula lipstick, so the coverage isnít fully opaque (but most certainly not sheer) and it does require frequent reapplications.

Despite the lack of wear, the lustre formula is great if you tend to have chapped lips as it is nicely moisturizing. I also like the glossiness of this formula; it really adds some oomph to thin lips.

This shade brings my NC20/25 complexion alive. Just enough color to make lips pop without being obvious; just enough shimmer to give my small mouth some dimension and fullness AND it makes my hazel eyes pop. I can just dust on a little mineral makeup, swipe on a bit of mascara, and pop on some Syrup and look more polished and fresh than if Iíd spent the whole morning painting, powdering, contouring, and blending.

And it does this for almost anybody. My best friend (half white, half middle eastern) looks radiant in it. My little sister (pale skin, china blue eyes) sparkles in it. My mother (60, medium skin, dark brown eyes) rocks it. I can see myself wearing this color when Iím 80. Yes, itís that awesome.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Unfortunately I'm not too impressed with this lippie. I like the color very much, my issue with this product is that the color goes on so thin, more like a light stain than a lipstick. The stain like color looks nice enough, I'll keep this in my arsenal, but I won't be repurchasing as I like a bit more opaqueness in my lipsticks. The lasting power is OK, not good, not bad, about average. It is not oober moisturizing, but it's slicker than I would prefer and therefore does not stay very long. I have tried layering it with a solid pink underneath and this does come out quite pretty, but the only time I layer lippies is before I leave the house, it's too much of a pain to do while out and about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second tube of this amazing product! I absolutly adore the colour and formula of this product. MAC eyeshadows, lipglosses, mascaras really dont blow my skirt up but this lipstick is to die for. I love the color and it helps me pull off a cool, natural look which compliments my fair skin. It glides on nice and doesnt leave a foul odour or taste like the $35 lancome lipstick I just bought! Buy it if you are fair with cool toned skin!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Show2667

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color!! Bought Blankety my first ever Mac lipstick! Can we say "Hot Damn Mess!! I Looked like I had dried up concealer on my lips!! Exchanged Blankety for Angel and Syrup. Syrup definitely is my favorite out of the two!!