November 28, 2014 | 915 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been purchasing this eyeliner on and off at my local Walmart and online at elf's website for 3ish years now. I have a love hate relation ship with it.

I love doing a very dramatic cat liner look, I absolutely despise the wand that comes with it, though, others may like it and have even compared it to high end brands (its really not). The color is a true black color and I would compare it to my Stila Black Liquid eyeliner, the color does last equally as long as my Stila brand eyeliners. The wand is flimsy, and the "hairs" will separate over time, the eyeliner also dries out in the container and I find myself picking up a new one every 2-3 weeks.

I like to apply my eyeliner with a angled brush instead of the applicator. I usually just take my brush and swipe it over the applicator to get color. If you try to draw a normal cat eye with the liner, make sure you're doing it thin before you even try. If you go over the eyeliner more than once to fill in empty spots, or to tight line, the line you just applied will rub off and leave you with flakes all over your eye.

Bottom line, I like it, however, if you're going for a dramatic look that takes more time and precision go with a higher end brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by allycat7005

This was the first liquid liner I bought and I will never go back!! This only cost me a dollar at Big Lots. It sounds like a rip off because of how cheap it is, but this liner is really no different than a sephora brand. Very fluid, does not clump and the brush is very easy to use. Perfect for beginners OR experts. So save a few bucks and buy this bad boy!!!! You will be thankful that you did :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Sxyska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this liquid liner! It is easy to apply once you practice a few times or if you are already comfortable with liquid liners. You can create a casual or dramatic look that actually stays on better than many of the other higher end products. I only use this for my upper eyelid, as I like a more subtle line on the bottom. Fantastic liner for the price. This is my current go to liquid eyeliner. Why spend hard earned money for an expensive eyeliner when this one works just as well?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This $1 liquid eyeliner is comparable to high end brands. It's super black and goes on smoothly. The only problem is the brush is pointed weirdly at the end (I think I got a faulty one) but it works perfectly if I avoid the weird curve. I would've rated this lower (because of the slightly curved brush) if it was more expensive but I'm not complaining since it was only a dollar!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this eyeliner because it was really easy to apply and only cost me a dollar. The only downside would be that it doesn't last all day when applied onto my oily eyelids in a thin line. The packaging is easy to use but the logo rubbed off within a week :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjean98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was my very first liquid eyeliner and I will never go back! It lasted all day, which was a change from my eyeliner be-for.. I have gym (I'm a highschool student) And still come home with the perfect eyeliner on my upper lid (: Not to mention I got mine from the dollar store! Amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by HautboisDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to liquid eyeliner for nearly 2 years now! It's great for both beginners and advanced liquid eyeliner users, and I love the product. Not only is it super cheat ($1-$3) at Target, but the formula is great. It's easy to control how thick or thin your line is, and the product stays on for hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by RebDesnoyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this eyeliner.

First off, the color is a true black that is comparable to those high-end eyeliner. The formula glides on easily and looks totally opaque. But, the "wand" of the liner is really flimsy and makes it hard to have a super precise line. The liner doesn't set really fast, so if you're in a rush and have to do your makeup in less than five minutes, this liner is not for you because it will smudge like crazy and create a total mess if you don't wait for it to dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by labelladani

I'm not too big on liquid liners, I prefer gel, but this product is not that bad, but certainly not an eyeliner to rave about either. Despite everyone's rave about the brush, I hate it. It's way too flimsy and doesn't allow me to have stable control over the precision of the line I want to create. The pigment and color pay off is good with a primer and that is only with an eyelid primer. I tried it on the first day with no primer and it transferred all over my crease. It looked horrible! Almost as if I failed to do a black cut eye crease look. Super embarrassing and I wiped it off immediately when I realized it. Anyway, I'm still continuing to use what's left of the product after I found a way that suits my eyes best, but overall I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only used pencil eyeliners until one day I decided to try out liquid. I did not want to spend a lot because Ive never used liquid and was unsure whether I was going to like it and let me tell you I will never go back to pencil. I love this eyeliner!!! its so inexpensive and it lasts all day on me and at the end of the day it's so easy to remove.The trick with this eyeliner is that if you want a thinner line YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE EXCESS once you do that you are set. I can't believe I always avoided liquid eyeliner this stuff is GREAT!!!