Juicy Couture couture couture 2009 perfume

3.7

on 1/3/2012 12:51:00 PM

Is it possible to develop Stockholm Syndrome for a perfume? Yes, I say.

A college roommate acquired a 3.4 ounce bottle of this, from a male acquaintance I believe, and alternated between this and Warm Vanilla Sugar as her daily frag. I've never been a Juicy fan, so on name alone I groaned at the thought of the perfume, and whenever she sprayed it my nose wretched in horror. Fake grape! My most hated artificial fruit flavor! What a terrible perfume to share a room with!

Then an hour later, something magical always happened. Those icky grape notes dissipated, and the scent of vanilla and sandalwood permeated the air. It did remind me of something my grandmother might own or wear, but in a good, classy sort of way, not a Youth-Dew-Overkill way. My grandma doesn't do Estee frags.

Today I too have a 3.4 ounce bottle of Couture Couture on my dresser. I think the grape lingers on my skin longer than it did on my roommate, but otherwise it is magic. Or maybe that's what my nose has been conditioned into believing, Stockholm Syndrome style.

on 12/17/2011 12:02:00 AM

So I just ordered mine on juicycouture.com 3 days ago and before ordering it I read so many reviews from it smelling like a grandma to the best perfume ever, it is way different smell then anything I own..not my favorite since I'm loyal to my miss Dior but I'm hoping it will be my 3rd favorite. So I went to kohls to test it out and wow at first it was a tad strong and I walked away like "hell no I ain't buying this" I did my shopping and as I walked I literally felt "sexy,elegant& sophisticated" lol I was loving it, I left the store came home and I couldnt keep my nose off my wrist!! But it got a lot sweeter than when I first sprayed it on "it went from: strong headache like perfume to warm rich smell to sweet (not lil girl sweet or too sweet it was a perfect scent! Went on juicycouture website ordered it and should be here tomorrow! The scent stayed on my wrist for soo long even after washing my hands so..I'm guessing its long lasting

This smell is so sweet and nice. Like most perfumes I love, it needs to last longer..

on 11/3/2011 8:51:00 PM

I just bought this today from tj maxx. All the fragrances there r wrapped and u cant smell any of them. It was only twenty bucks so I decided to give it a whirl. Not a good scent for me. I will be returning it. I have tried two other juicy scents and figured this one would be ok.

I have never cared for the woodsy scents before; but I am finding myself influenced by the arrival of fall this year in surprising ways. The warm woodsyness seems so right. Forget about that initial spray of teen-age grape bubble-gum; it only lasts a second or two, and you are left with a fragrance so perfectly good that it almost seems loving. A big change from my florals, and a good one. I love it!

on 8/19/2011 10:05:00 PM

An overall beautiful scent. Good for work, good for going out, good for the beach. I take this as a very general scent that smells great everywhere! The price is slightly on the more expensive side, but it's a good quality fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my absolute favorite scent. It's a warm, sweet smell with undertones of something not quite floral, almost like incense, and yet it's not overpowering. (I hope that description made sense XD) I also own Juicy Couture dusting powder and a sugar scrub in this same scent, and they are both absolutely YUM. The only catch is the price; I paid $52 for a 1 oz bottle of this stuff at Sephora around Christmastime, but I only got the powder and the scrub very recently, both at TJ Maxx for $9.99 and $12.99, respectively. So, it's starting to come down a little, and it's a great find!

on 7/19/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got the bigger bottle, almost cost me 100$ but lasted me forever... It's my favorite perfume ever! It's my signature scent, it's a little bit sweet but still pretty classy, I love it and the packaging is just the cuttest thing ever! <3333

on 7/7/2011 11:35:00 PM

The 80's were my heyday and this definately brings me back! It's like an updated fragrance from that era and to me that is a compliment. It reminds me a lot of Dior's original Poison. I don't smell grape-cool aid, to me it's something grapey or plummy, a little sweet but not not overly so. I find it quite complex compared to many current fragrances and much better than any of the other Juicy fragrances which I didn't care for. I first bought the body lotion which was devine then went back for the fragrance.

on 6/30/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm definitely not getting the grape note that alot of reviewers are referring to. I guess it comes down to chemistry. I originally smelled a test strip in a magazine, then got a sample vial from Sephora. I liked it from the very first whiff. It is classy and seems well suited for Fall/Winter due to it's warmth (Amber). Definitely a sophisticated oriental but sorta reminds me of something from the 80s. I see a lot of tweens on YouTube raving about it, but don't see it as a young, girly scent. I found a 3.4 oz bottle at TJ Maxx for $50. They also carried the gift sets for $40. I love the bottle too- it looks like something from the Roman Empire or maybe a Catholic Church. My favorite part is the drydown which smells like dryer sheets intermingled with rich florals. MMMmmmm! The staying power could have been a bit better but I still like it. And... If you HATE Chanel No.5, like I do, give this a try. UPDATE: I don't really care for the perfume anymore but stumbled across a bottle of the lotion and fell in love with it! The lotion is ultra sexy and sensual. Very long lasting too.

Popular Fragrances