April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Edit: This is still an amazing product to remove makeup but it broke me out....
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was shocked to see how low this product is reviewed!

I have acne/oily skin og bought this on the run cause I was in the states and I am IN LOVE with this!

On my hand I had many many swatches of BB glosses, long wear eyeshadows, eyeliners and name it! I put hald pump of this oil on top, rubbed around for maybe 5sec and it was all GONE! It was like magic!

I dont use this as an everyday cleanser, I only use this to take off make-up, if I have something on, and it is wonderful! Whatever I have on, this oil takes it off and I dont even have to reach for a special cleanser for my eyes.

Everyday I use Clinique acne line but for make-up I use this. Even when I use a toner afterwords there is no make up there.

My basic make up I use (and therefore this oil takes off) is LM primer, MUFE concealer, Chanel Perfection Lumiere, Mufe HD powder and them eyeshadows from BB and lips from Laura and cheeks from Tarte.

This is a heavy-duty oil!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by ural0000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just repurchased this - took me about 10 months or so to go through the bottle, so the fact that this really isn't cheap doesn't particularly bother me.
I generally use this at night time to take off my make up - I massage on about 2 squirts of it and leave it for a minute or so and either rinse it off under the shower or wash it off with a terry facial cloth and hot-ish water.
I never noticed a greasy (or some reviewers mentioned "slimy") residue - it removes all my make up (I don't exactly trowel it on, though), including non-waterproof mascara.
If I've used waterproof mascara, I usually take it off with Clinique Take the Day Off first.

It didn't have any impressive effect on my skin condition, however I didn't leave my face feeling tight during the winter months and never caused any breakouts either.

I very much like the pump container and will probably use the empty one I have to fill another creamy cleanser I use occasionally into it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by mserena

I have combination skin and was very hesitant to try this but I had read so many great things about cleansing oils that I decided to give it a try. I went to Nordstroms and got samples of every cleansing oil they sold. I am a huge La Mer user but theirs smelled kinda fishy and irritated my eyes. I tried Macs and it was ok but the Bobbi Brown cleansing oil smelled better and I liked the packaging better. It's a really nice sturdy pump. I used up the samples and then bought the BB. I've been using it for about three weeks now, only at night. I have to say I really really like this cleanser. It gets off more make up than most other cleansers I've used and as along as you rinse your eyes well enough, it doesn't irritate them. I wet my fingers and gently loosen up my mascara, then I apply the cleansing oil dry to my face and work it into my eye makeup. Sometimes I'll use my clairsonic too. Then I rinse like there no tomorrow. My lashes have less breakage and my combo skin is more balanced than it has ever been. I get to work around 830 and usually have to blot by 11ish, and then again by 3. but after using this for a few weeks, I've found that I only need to blot around 2 or 3 and that's it for the day. For travel I highly recommend a little travel bottle though, you only need a couple pumps for your face so a small container travels well. I still use a stronger cleanser after a workout or excessive sweating but for everyday, I'm very happy with this cleanser and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this as a sample. This is rather too oily for me. I also had to use more to remove water proof mascara. I wouldnt buy this as there are some drug store brands which are far cheaper that removes water proof make up easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by orangeabo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best feature I like is that it can turn from oil into soap by just adding water, so I do not have to wash my face again after removing my makeups.

But the product is definitely over-priced, and there are alternatives sold at a much lower price, for instance, mac.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the bad reviews for this cleansing oil. I picked it up at the EL warehouse sale 2 for $25, so I'm not even sure what it normally retails for. Anyway, I've switched from Revlon CS to ELDW and my normal facewash wasn't washing off ELDW completely. I massage the oil onto a dry face then rinse and all makeup comes off. Even waterproof mascara. I do follow up with my facewash though. I had a not so pleasant experience with OCM and am skeptical about leaving "oils" on my skin. I also use this to clean my foundation brush after every use. I was using Dawn to rinse Revlon CS out of my brushes which worked fine. But Dawn wasn't washing ELDW out. I use one pump on my brush, swirl, rinse and follow up with Dawn to get the oiliness out of the brush. My brush has never been so clean!!!!! I also love the pump bottle. No wasting of product this way. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Lindalpz

I recently purchased this cleansing oil because I heard it was pretty good at removing makeup, dirt, etc, etc. I also use to buy Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanser and I became loyal and excited to use cleansing oils in my face routine. I swapped out of Dermalogica because it was drying the area around my mouth. The only result I don't like from BB is a feel of slick on my face. It's kinda hard to describe, but I basically have to wash my face with cleanser after wards to remove the oil residue (a.k.a- moisture?) Overall, pretty good product. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by rqhooi

My skin reaction after using this just after one time is enough to make me put a stop to it. I have acne-oily skin with a touch of dehydration.

It has a great texture(glides on and doesn't rough up your skin when you're rubbing it) and really takes off all the light make up I had on.

But the pros stops there. My skin started having bumps and red spots and its especially bad around my cheeks and t-zone where there's already existing blemishes. Somehow its even more drying than my foam cleanser. Basically my skin just looks rough and clog up after using it even though it FEELS soft and smooth.

Def not worth buying it and I feel bad since it was bought on a whim.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by trapezer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells great! That's where it ends. This is an over-priced product that does not do its job. I have slime left on my face after I rinse. And makeup is definitely not gone. Try DHC cleansing oil or one of Shu's (pricier) and you will be happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Arik26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice texture, awful product. It didn't remove enough makeup, (I still had tons of it on my toner pad), and it left my skin a dry, flaky, itchy mess. I think I could get better results from a bar of soap.