October 23, 2014 | 1202 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This cleansing oil is well received by my oily/combo skin. It does an awesome job at removing all my make-up. Eye make-up as well. Best applied on dry skin where I masaage around my face I then allow my fingers to get wet and that is when the real magic happens. I do use a soaking baby face towel to wipe my face followed by a quick rinse of water. A touch of toner and my skin is super happy.
Pros:Great at removing eye makeup, contains no mineral oil, lightly scented
Cons: wish it was a bigger bottle,

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Binky20

Didn't really think much of the Bobbi Brown skincare range until I tried this cleansing oil in a department store and was instantly hooked! I have very dry skin and use this in conjunction with the Bobbi Brown buffing grains, which gives me extremely smooth skin. I use 2 squirts of the oil, add about half a teaspoon of the buffing grains into my palms and start massaging into my face for a couple of minutes. Then I add a bit of water to my face and the oil turns to foam and wash it all off. It doesn't leave any oily residue and has a wonderful gingery smell.

At 27 a bottle, it is quite pricey especially if you buy it with the buffing grains which is about the same price- but I haven't found anything that works better for smooth, clear skin so I will stick to this combo for now!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by MsGoddessintraining

I initially received this in a deluxe sample. After being totally underwhelmed with the Shu oil, I didn't have high hopes for this one. But I really liked this product. I put this on my face dry and massage it in to my skin including my eye area (eyes closed obviously). I then wet my hands and massage the oil till it got slightly milky and then washed it off. I do follow up with my cleanser though. I use this purely for makeup removal.

I loved it so much that I bought a deluxe bottle of it and recommend it to everyone.

It is pricey but a little goes a very long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by psimissu

I just finished my second bottle! This is the best makeup remover I've ever used! It removes foundation and eyeliner easily and it won't make my skin dry or oily. For waterproof mascara, I recommend neutrogena.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Edit: This is still an amazing product to remove makeup but it broke me out....
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was shocked to see how low this product is reviewed!

I have acne/oily skin og bought this on the run cause I was in the states and I am IN LOVE with this!

On my hand I had many many swatches of BB glosses, long wear eyeshadows, eyeliners and name it! I put hald pump of this oil on top, rubbed around for maybe 5sec and it was all GONE! It was like magic!

I dont use this as an everyday cleanser, I only use this to take off make-up, if I have something on, and it is wonderful! Whatever I have on, this oil takes it off and I dont even have to reach for a special cleanser for my eyes.

Everyday I use Clinique acne line but for make-up I use this. Even when I use a toner afterwords there is no make up there.

My basic make up I use (and therefore this oil takes off) is LM primer, MUFE concealer, Chanel Perfection Lumiere, Mufe HD powder and them eyeshadows from BB and lips from Laura and cheeks from Tarte.

This is a heavy-duty oil!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by ural0000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just repurchased this - took me about 10 months or so to go through the bottle, so the fact that this really isn't cheap doesn't particularly bother me.
I generally use this at night time to take off my make up - I massage on about 2 squirts of it and leave it for a minute or so and either rinse it off under the shower or wash it off with a terry facial cloth and hot-ish water.
I never noticed a greasy (or some reviewers mentioned "slimy") residue - it removes all my make up (I don't exactly trowel it on, though), including non-waterproof mascara.
If I've used waterproof mascara, I usually take it off with Clinique Take the Day Off first.

It didn't have any impressive effect on my skin condition, however I didn't leave my face feeling tight during the winter months and never caused any breakouts either.

I very much like the pump container and will probably use the empty one I have to fill another creamy cleanser I use occasionally into it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by mserena

I have combination skin and was very hesitant to try this but I had read so many great things about cleansing oils that I decided to give it a try. I went to Nordstroms and got samples of every cleansing oil they sold. I am a huge La Mer user but theirs smelled kinda fishy and irritated my eyes. I tried Macs and it was ok but the Bobbi Brown cleansing oil smelled better and I liked the packaging better. It's a really nice sturdy pump. I used up the samples and then bought the BB. I've been using it for about three weeks now, only at night. I have to say I really really like this cleanser. It gets off more make up than most other cleansers I've used and as along as you rinse your eyes well enough, it doesn't irritate them. I wet my fingers and gently loosen up my mascara, then I apply the cleansing oil dry to my face and work it into my eye makeup. Sometimes I'll use my clairsonic too. Then I rinse like there no tomorrow. My lashes have less breakage and my combo skin is more balanced than it has ever been. I get to work around 830 and usually have to blot by 11ish, and then again by 3. but after using this for a few weeks, I've found that I only need to blot around 2 or 3 and that's it for the day. For travel I highly recommend a little travel bottle though, you only need a couple pumps for your face so a small container travels well. I still use a stronger cleanser after a workout or excessive sweating but for everyday, I'm very happy with this cleanser and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this as a sample. This is rather too oily for me. I also had to use more to remove water proof mascara. I wouldnt buy this as there are some drug store brands which are far cheaper that removes water proof make up easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by orangeabo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best feature I like is that it can turn from oil into soap by just adding water, so I do not have to wash my face again after removing my makeups.

But the product is definitely over-priced, and there are alternatives sold at a much lower price, for instance, mac.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the bad reviews for this cleansing oil. I picked it up at the EL warehouse sale 2 for $25, so I'm not even sure what it normally retails for. Anyway, I've switched from Revlon CS to ELDW and my normal facewash wasn't washing off ELDW completely. I massage the oil onto a dry face then rinse and all makeup comes off. Even waterproof mascara. I do follow up with my facewash though. I had a not so pleasant experience with OCM and am skeptical about leaving "oils" on my skin. I also use this to clean my foundation brush after every use. I was using Dawn to rinse Revlon CS out of my brushes which worked fine. But Dawn wasn't washing ELDW out. I use one pump on my brush, swirl, rinse and follow up with Dawn to get the oiliness out of the brush. My brush has never been so clean!!!!! I also love the pump bottle. No wasting of product this way. I would buy this again.