December 18, 2014 | 1877 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great luminous, natural finish, medium coverage foundation! Possibly, fingers crossed, my Hg foundation......after 4 years of active searching after crossing the 40 age barrier and needing a foundation to love and work with (not against) my sun spots, light melasma, fine lines around the eyes and forehead and increasingly dull and lustre-less skin tone.

In my experience many foundations add years to already post-40 aging challenges by settling in lines, slipping in forehead lines, providing mask-like coverage (claiming to be medium coverage) and oxidizing after an hour (and I have normal skin).

NARS Sheer Glow does the opposite (for me anyway). It actually enhances my post 40 au naturelle aging face whilst minimising my skin issues (melasma, dull skin tone) and giving me a natural glow which is not shiny or artificial-looking. Best of all it does not slip, settle in or cake in lines around the eyes or forehead. Dare I say I think it actually minimises the appearance of fine lines (compared to other foundations I tried).

The only negative....and it is minor and I can live with it...is that the bottle does not come with a pump (must be purchased separately for $4 Aus at Mecca cosmetics).

In a nutshell, this is the best foundation I have used (for a week now). I use the colour Sante Fe which is a perfect match for my NC 20 (Estee Lauder dw light intensity 2) skin. The colour stays true all day even though I wear it over moisturiser and sun screen. I do set it with a light dusting of my estee lauder translucent powder. No slippage in lines. I do use a mac prolongwear concealer under the eyes or on any spots. On my melasma areas I do add a 2nd layer of foundation and miraculously it does not look cakey at all.

I have had compliments daily from my hubbie and teenage daughter and they are my strongest critics when it comes to foundation.
Would I buy this again? Yes Yes Yes!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lfitzsimons1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have bought this foundation twice now, I love the finish and colour of this foundation im shade Mont Blanc (light 2). The finish is semi matte my favourite finish of foundations as I love a healthy glow and is a medium buildable coverage. I have oily and spot pone skin with some acne scaring and this foundation makes me look flawless and is just like skin. I love applying it with the real techniques beauty sponge (wet) which I feel I get the best results with. The only thing is that after only 4/5 hours after wearing it I start to get oily but thats my own problem not the foundations. I just simply blot and powder and im fine again. This is another foundation that I always get compliments with when I wear it. Overall this will always be a staple in my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by shajmamba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so skeptical buying this foundation as I have oily combo skin. I am a mac studio fix nc40 in the summer and nw30 in the winter and used mac for yrs and even when i try ither foundations studio fix is my go to. The name sheer glow made me think it was going to highlight the oiliness in my skin...Low and behold it didn't, I would deffo buy this again and again. I use the rimmel stay matte primer but honestly even when I forget my primer this foundation makes my skin look amazing. Gr8 coverage and lasts but the glow makes me look radiant I love it!!!!
My colour is Barcelona and matches perfectly. I never thought I would like a foundation more than studio fix..I would call it a tie. Bottle is annoying as a lot can pour out but a little goes a long way. Enjoy 😊😊😊

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

Decided to try a sample of this from Sephora after hearing all the hype about it. Glad I just got a sample.
The colour match was great and it went on easily, however, only a few hours after wearing this it oxidized and looked awful up close.

I didn't apply a primer, so maybe that's why.

I didn't find that it gave a "glow" either.

For as expensive as this foundation is, you'd think that NARS could create a better packaging for it...
I'll be sticking with my MUF HD foundation and my trusty L'Oreal Truematch.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by gemmyca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly, this broke me out like no other. I do have sensitive skin but my friend was wearing this and it looked beautiful on her! I noticed across the room how glowy it looked on her! She said it was Nars sheer glow so I had to try it. I took samples home and bought it the next day because I loved how easy and soft it was to apply! And the colour match was almost perfect!

A week has gone by after wearing it and I am so embarrassed about my face. I have pimples and acne EVERYWHERE. I even got a whitehead on my LIPLINE. My cheeks are horrible with acne spots and they hurt!

So sad. I love NARS. Guess I'll stick to their lippies and blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Cassiekye

For me personally it works better with a primer, the product is really easy to work with & you don't have to use a lot to get decent coverage. However There were a couple of cons, this foundation doesn't come with a pump & the product itself is quiet liquidy so you tend to get a bit more slip out than what you want! It's also quiet pricey (cosmetics in Australia generally are) so it's not a foundation I wear everyday but it's my go to for special occasions, between the 5-6 hour mark it starts to skin in to my pores & shortly after that it starts to fade so I do need to touch up but it's not a massive inconvenience. When I eventually run out of this product it's not going to be something I immediately run out & repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

This is such a lovely foundation. I was first matched incorrectly with Stromboli. I'm a neutral to warm skin tone, with a bit of pink on my cheeks. Stromboli runs a little too yellow, but Punjab was perfect. It's seriously so natural looking and it lasts all day, and it's just amazing. It's also quite good for sensitive skin. I haven't experienced any adverse reactions, so I'm quite pleased. This has seriously exceeded expectations - do try it out, and make sure you get matched by a different person on a different day if you're unsure about your colour! Make up people can definitely get things wrong, so make sure you get a second opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Samantha16

I have needed to buy 3 bottles of this foundation until i found the perfect one. I first got Fiji but it was farrrrrr to dark, so i went back to get Siberia and i realized that they had very different textures and finished. Then the foundation i loved became the one i hated as i hate a Matte finish and that is what it gave me. Then after so many you tubes had been using it i decided to go back and give it one more try as i wanted it to be my go too foundation. Finally i have found the perfect one, Mont Blanc. It is amazing and everyone who is fair skinned needs thus foundation. I am now in love with it and when ever i use something else it is no where near is good. Never buy Siberia it is really bad (unless you have oily skin) but i am now in love with this foundation. The price isn't that good but i can live with that and the packaging isn't the best but that can be resolved.

Now i love it and i am so glad i when back for the third bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by cameo98

I bought Nars Sheer Glow in the color Gobi and it is awesome! Excepttt that this product isn't meant for full coverage, meaning if you are looking to cover up uneven skin tone, try something else. If you have an even skin tone and just want to polish using this, go ahead!

The product is very thin, hard to blend for coverage. Concealer is needed when using this product.

It's otherwise great!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't understand the hype of this - have used chanel, dior, stila, coverfx...pretty everything on the block.

It's cakey for combination skin, and really hard to spread even with a shiseido foundation brush.

Coverage is heavy and you could see the foundation sink into your pores if without a primer