April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superbalanced powder makeup (spf 15) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product gave me a painful break out even though it felt comfortable on my face but I noticed the colour was too orange. Only used it for 1 week and will never touch it again..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by amyclementina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this for a while - it is definitely the best loose powder I have ever used. I mainly use it on my t zone which tends to get oily and this gives just the right amount of coverage. The packaging is great and it has SPF too which is a bonus. Quite expensive but worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by biche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made me break out bigtime. Gutted, as so many other people seemed to have good experiences and damn, it was expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by momo93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

not enough shades, low coverage, not worth the money. a real let down in my opinion :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by birdlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is seriously awesome. It gives sheer to medium coverage depending on how much you use so it's definitely not for those who are trying to cover major skin problems. If you have relatively nice skin, this foundation makes it look perfect and natural! I apply it with my body shop mineral powder brush which is amazing and i get a really nice finish. The powder is really finely milled and I love how it's non-comodegenic, has spf and is actually good for my skin. It might not be as well suited to those with dry skin but if you're combination to oily i'd say give it a try. I don't actually like powders that make you look too matte cos it just makes the face flat and unnatural. I didn't have this problem with this foundation. Oil control is also pretty good. Also I love the compact it comes in, it is quite expensive but you get a lot of product for the price so all in all I would repurchase this! Only thing that's really useless about it is the mini brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought this this morning and have to say "I lOVE IT" Had been using BE original and tried a couple others as well. The BE orig. was getting to shiny for me to deal with in my T-zone and their Matte formula is too powdery and doesn't cover as well in the area that I need it too. This Super balanced powder makeup (spf 15) is perfect! Sort of in the middle. Not too shiny and not too matte. I find this to be very build able wear I need it to be. Covers all that I want covered and sheerer on places like wrinkles that I do not want to accentuate. So, I'm really happy with the look it gives me and only touched up my T-zone once. Some people complain about the price, but you get a lot more product than most other brands and I like the delivery system. So, it's very comparable IMO. Not using the brush for initial application though. Ok for touch ups, but I used Sephora's mineral powder brush # 45 for the places I need more coverage and their Powder # 50 all over. Perfect and you don't have to use a finishing powder either which I like! Saves time ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by shadowphoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. It's my HG.

I bought this after being so fed up with drug store brands not staying put, reacting with other makeup, etc.. it's a little pricey compared to them (about $25 CAN) but it's so worth it, you won't care in the slightest. Aiding that, is the fact that you'll buy it less often than you would the ds brands.

I only have to buy this maybe once every 10-12 months. I use it every single day, sometimes twice. I use it all over my face and sometimes neck. I works well with my moisturizer, sunblock, concealer and foundation, even if I happen to wear all of them at once. It doesn't last from 7 am to 10 pm, but it does last the better part of the day, which is more than I ever got from the ds brands I used (Covergirl, Maybelline, Revlon, Almay, Quo..)

I doesn't have a bad smell, and feels very light on the face. I have combination skin with mild acne and a cyst here and there every now and then.. and every part of my face - dry, oily, broken out - gets along with it nicely.

I'm on maybe my 4th jar now, and don't plan on switching anytime soon.

UPDATE: It's now.... November 2012.. and this is still my HG. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by gomkatica

anybody can help me?
    I would like to buy this powder makeup in natural 1 and lancome bienfait multi vital lotion ,but i am from Hungary
    simply cant find a website to deliver me
    any advice?
    thanks a lot :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by annemarieke

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this powder make-up! I've got a lot of freckles and don't like to cover them up completely, that doesn't look natural. But I do want to improve my complexion. I have dry skin and somehow I've never found the right foundation for me. But with this powder I can choose how much coverage I want, from sheer to full, anything is possible. And it looks good all day, no need to apply more. Really good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

I gave this a shot initally when it was released and I didn't really care for it. Perhaps my skin has changed or I learned how to wear it properly but now I adore it. I was looking around for something to wear in place of my Almost Powder since due to local weather, became a bit drying on my chin and cheeks. I really want something with a small spf in it for daily wear, so I went and had this applied at clinique. The SA applied this to one side and my usual foundation Perfectly Real Compact on the other side, and I really liked the look of this better. The main thing to remember is that the two products, while similar are also ment for two different skin types. The compact perfectly real has more oil absorbing properties and is better for more oily skin (also why there won't be spf put in). The Superbalanced has less of this and has the spf in place. So for super oily people this product may not be for you. But for those who are sometimes oily, sometimes dry, this is great!
    I have worn this alone (over a fdn or Tm can be cakey) and I've been very impressed with the coverage. I have used a fdn brush for more sheer coverage, and a makeup sponge for a more heavy, yet natural finish. The small brush it comes with can be tough but it is ok if you need a quick touch up on the nose or chin throughout the day. (i suggest washing it in a condtioning brush cleaner to soften it up)

It reminds me of my BE I used to wear before I got itchy reaction for the bismuth. But for some reason this product doesn't give me that issue. It could be it has a smaller amount of bismuth vs the BE which is why I can tolerate it. I would recommend getting it put on at clinique and wear it for a day to make sure you won't have reactions to it since it is one of the more expensive foundations they have. However I think you get what you pay for and very little goes a long way, so I can easily see this product last at least six months for me.

Its a very flexible foundation with many ways to apply it with good results. I've used a cotton ball, foundation sponge, and foundation brush and I've gotten different amounts of coverage with a natural finish. I've had it last at least 6-8 hours on me without much wear or touch ups so I'm happy with it as my daily fdn for this summer.