Etude House BB Magic Cream

3.8

on 9/9/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a good BB cream (I got the SPF30 ver./blue box), it's medium-light coverage, so I would finish with powder or another layer. Matches my skin tone really nicely, glides on nicely. Serves its purpose by giving the face a pretty & smooth look and glow. The tube is a little annoying, because after half or so is used, the air in the tube will prevent the cream from coming out, so you have to hold it upright then squeeze the air out, etc. Eh. I think I would recommend this for drier/colder climates, because the face may get oily with this or smear in hot weather. But it's a good inexpensive cream. Enjoy BB Magic Cream! ^ ^

on 6/16/2011 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I like this product! It matches my skin tone very well. It's easy to apply and hides my little blemishes and evens out the skin.I just wish that it lasted longer on my skin.

on 6/15/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

skin: dry to combination, a little morena
country: tropical

+ easy to apply; not too thick
+ dewy finish
+ fragance: nice and mild, it goes away after application
+ oil control: not the best but it's okay
+ application: wash face, apply bb cream on face & neck, and that's it
+ coverage: very good; remember not to apply too much
+ one tube can last for months
+ remove it before sleeping

over all, it's a good bb cream.

on 6/9/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially bought this to use on weekends when I want to give my skin a rest from liquid foundation I use 5 days out of 7. I wasn't satisfied with the result. It was to sheer, too light. But I somehow figured I could use it as base for my foundation (Revlon Photoready) instead and it's an amazing primer! It doesn't control oil which I have grown to accept that I have to blot and retouch with powder at least twice throughout the day but this makes my foundation last!
Until I find a good primer to replace this, I'm buying again. And I doubt that cos I don't want primers that promise oil control because it would also mean it would have silicon to block the pores from producing oil.. I could be wrong about that but..

on 5/13/2011 3:00:00 AM

First BB cream I tried and by far my favorite. I have the Oily skin version - in lavender packaging.

Pros:

- Natural/dewy finish and not cakey at all.
- No breakouts/irritation from using this product
- Packaging (pumps are always appreciated)
- A little goes a long way (been using this consistently for a year, my first tube lasted me for over six months)
- Medium to sheer coverage but definitely buildable and easy to adjust to your skin's needs - this BB cream worked wonders in covering my hormonal acne a year ago and post-chemical peel scars, dry patches were barely visible!!!

Cons:

- "grey cast" effect - which can be solved by setting this with a minimal amount of powder
- Only one shade available (over the summer I mix this with the L'EGERE UV Whitening BB cream, which is slightly darker, to balance out the shade)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my on the go tinted moisturizer since it's so easy to apply and it lasts long enough when set with powder. Although you need to blend it out fast since it sets really quickly, it evened out my skin tone and it concealed minor flaws so I didn't really need to put on concealer underneath it (just applying a second coat on my dark circles was enough to cover them substantially). The pump-type nozzle was very convenient but I did feel that there was a lot of product left that I wasn't able to use after finishing the tube.

on 3/1/2011 6:28:00 AM

Loving this bb cream at the moment. I use it almost everyday mixing with a little bit of liquid foundation.( For coverage purpose) Never expect this to completely replace my foundation, but it's pretty good for a tinted moisturiser with SPF 30 to give that natural look plus. I do notice my skin becomes smoother and the dark spots fades after using it for a month. Not a fan of the perfume scent but it goes away pretty soon after you apply it on. Would definately buy this again.

on 11/25/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

after seeing it in websites and that i heard they opened a shop here in our country i had to try it especially their famous bb cream, At first i really liked the way it blends on my skin and it has this mild matte finish, but it does not completely covers my blemishes especially my black heads, and as soon the day ends, it started getting oily,, i'm so embarrassed, i had to buy an oil blotting film,,, i still use it sometimes but only on special occasions also because it was a bit pricy to waste...

on 11/12/2010 9:36:00 AM

I really love the texture and color of this, it blended very well and was nice and light. I still had to wear a light powder over it for oil control but it didn't leave me shiny or greasy or anything. It is scented with a weird perfumey smell but it really grew on me to be honest, I like it a lot. The packaging is a little difficult but the price is good (and etude's website ships to Canada for cheap, which I appreciated). However, I'm pretty sure it has almost completely ruined my skin - I have red spots, weird bumps, and blackheads everywhere after using it. I've stopped now and I'm seeing if my skin issues clear up; they might be from something else but since I've heard that BB creams clog up pores I'm pretty sure it was this that did it. Which is super unfortunate because I have yet to find a tinted moisturizer that I love as much as I loved this cream. I guess if your pores are uncloggable this might work for you, but if you are sensitive or prone to breakouts I would look for something else.

on 7/18/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I get breakout everytime I use it.