August 1, 2014 | 969 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Yummy Plummy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had to return Yummy Plummy..just too dark and opaque for what I like. If I wear darker colors, they need to be sheer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After Plum Perfect was a raspberry clown disaster on my lips, I succumbed to the reviews here and got Yummy Plummy. I am unsure. Yes it's not as bright as Plum Perfect but it's still pretty darn bright on my lips. It's not bad. I'm just on the fence about it. It can be made into a nice stain. I had applied it last night after buying it and then blotted it. It stayed on from about 5PM until I took my makeup off at 8:30 and I had eaten dinner in between those times. So it has potential, but I'm not sure. The texture is incredible and the pigmentation is great. I'm just on the fence if it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by macmania

This is a lovely satiny plum color that is pretty much a MLBB for my dark olive skin. I love the creamy soft texture and the color payoff. The only problem for me with these Color Sensational lipsticks is the scent. To me they all smell like playdough, and I can even still smell it after it's been on for a few minutes. I don't know if I would rebuy because of the scent, which is too bad because I love this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm blown away by the quality of these lipsticks by Maybelline and by this particular color. On my lips it goes on as a satiny creamy mid-toned plum with almost a cool blueish undertone to it in certain lights. It brightens up my NC30-35 complexion just enough and is neither too cool or too warm for my skintone. I like how this lipstick has just enough moisture and pigment for my lips so that it doesn't slide or wear off too easily, and the color payoff is comparable if not better than several HE lipsticks I've tried. The scent is pleasant but hardly detectable to me. I wouldn't mind if it had a stronger vanilla scent like MAC's or even a scent like L'oreal colour riche's which I find highly addictive. Love the clear plastic purple and silver packaging of this as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by reneesan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very please with the Maybelline Color Sensational Line. Creamy texture, true pigments. Yummy Plummy is a wonderful 'true plum' color for the fall/winter months. I believe it compliments hazel/green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so impressed with the new maybelline color sensational lipsticks. I have been buying a new one every week! They are very pigments, true to color, smell nice, and apply smoothly. I also notice that I don't need lipliner when I wear them- I think it's because they have enough pigment to define your lips, which I rarely find in a l/s.

This color is very fall season to me. It reminds my of a color you would wear w/ fall sweaters, I'm not quite sure why..I must have seen it in magazines or the runway like that. It is a medium plum shade- I don't see any pink- it's a true 'plum'. The thing that is great about color sensational lipsticks is they can be blotted with a tissue so the color is less intense. I feel I can wear the color day or night. I just change the intestity I'll apply 2 coats for night. A great pick for anyone looking for a neutral plum lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ivana89

This is fantastic. the color is wonderful (though it's more of a fall/winter color). It illuminates the face. Ever since i started using this lipstick, i feel like my make up would be dull if i didn't apply it. Also, it goes on very smoothly. Love love love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very pretty shade. I guess it would be considered a plummy-pink. Bright but not OTT. No shimmer. Works very well w/my NW15 skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this after seeing it on a YT video that purplepenguinz posted (if you scroll to the very end of the video, she shows the look with different l/s, and yummy plummy is the second one, IIRC):

She has the same coloring as me, so I decided to go ahead and try it, and I was not disappointed at all! On me, the color is close to Clinique's Pink Chocolate. Deep pink/mauve with a hint of brown undertones. It applies smoothly and looks great with no fuss. My only complaints are the smell (I hate scented lipsticks...yuck) and the packaging. I HATE the packaging. The tube is hard, clear plastic and it is square. It feels like the tube will crack easily if you're not careful. I will deal with the packaging and the smell because the color really is lovely and looks just perfect on me, but will deduct one lippie because of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Rogue09

I absolutely love this color! I've been obsessively looking for a wearable plum lip color for the fall and winter months and this one would be it. It is very pigmented and moisturing, I find the color to be a more deep mauve-y plum (if that makes any sense?). I agree it probably isn't that "daytime" suitable but I tone the color down by topping it over with the moisture extreme lipstick in Nude Blush and it softens the color to make it very wearable!