July 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Treatments (Face) - De La Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by JacindaRoseGold

I purchased this product today and have used it. Seems easy on my skin. However, from the reviews it seems as if those who are complaining about it being oily, heavy, or drying are leaving the ointment on for too long. The instructions say to WASH OFF after 10 mins. I just want to say, everyone may experience different results when using the product so DO NOT BELIEVE ALL OF WHAT YOU READ. Do your research before you buy. Will update as I continue to use the product. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sulfur is one thing I hadn't tried prior to this week for my acne issues.

Background: I have very clog-prone skin with breakouts typically centered around the TOTM. I was (disastrously) experimenting with a milder cleanser for the last 2 months and my skin broke out horribly these past two weeks. The heat wave and my lack of air conditioning have not helped one bit.

This cream (applied at night, after cleansing, toning, and moisturizing), dried up some old zits that absolutely nothing took away. It brought an old cystic knot that was festering on my cheek to a head, but the pimple itself went away in 48 hours. The shocking and amazing thing about this product is that it works on blackheads. It hasn't worked so far on some extremely deeply lodged clogs but I don't think anything is going to work on those!

The texture is thick and gummy but this really does work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is another one of those hidden gem products that I would have never known about were it not for MUA! I use this 2-3x a week, and I leave it on for half an hour to an hour depending on when I get around to washing it off. I would NOT recommend sleeping in this, it's pretty harsh for overnight use if your skin is at all sensitive, and the texture and consistency is like slightly gritty honey. Also it doesn't dry, so unless you sleep on your back the whole night through you're going to ruin your pillows. I like that it has a bit of scrubbiness to it, IMO it's enough for manual facial exfoliation so you could get rid of your other face scrubs. I use this in conjunction with sulfur face soap as part of my routine, and as long as I stay consistent in my use my face stays pretty clear. Another tip: Use this at night so you won't have a rotten egg smelling face all day (other people WILL smell it, even after washing off lol), by the time you wash your face again in the a.m. the smell will be gone :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have sensitive, cystic acne prone skin. oily t-zone, dry cheeks.

this is my emergency go-to ointment when i see a new blemish forming. it works most of the time by immediately shrinking it, or by helping it clear faster if the blemish continues to form.

this ointment does have a strong sulfur smell. when i first started using it a few months ago i kept looking around wondering where that rotten fart smell was coming from and i blamed my bf LOL then i realized it was my face. not cute lol.

i used it all over my face which was a bad idea. don't use it on areas where you don't need it. seems like common sense but i thought if i put it all over my face everyday 2x a day then maybe it would prevent blemishes forever. dumb.

it really dried out my face, i looked like i had aged 30years in a week because my skin was dry and wrinkled and crusty then i started breaking out even more and peeling. i was freaking out. its hilarious now but it was not cool when it happened.

it took me 3 months to undo the damage. so be careful when using this product because it is very strong.

also, the jar is not hygienic, i decanted it into a bottle. i plan to decant it into a vacuum pump bottle soon.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I've only been using this product for three days, so watch out for my future edits & updates.

De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment has been on my wishlist for about a year now. It seems to be a secret miracle product for many, with many natural, scientifically proven, ingredients.

However none of my local Walgreens ever carry it, & I'm reluctant to order online. Thanks to MUA I learned last week that my dreaded Walmart carries it! Isearched my local one like a hawk & found it not in the skincare aisle, but next to the lotions. Walmart sells it for very cheap at the moment ($3.50, vs the $6 I would have spent at Walgreens).

Anyways, I swiftly bought one & brought it home that afternoon to try. Everyone says you can't wear this under make up yet I thought I could be sly & get away with it. NOPE. This stuff has the consistency of dollar store toothpaste meets vaseline. I also thought everyone was nitpicking & exaggerating about the texture. Once again...NOPE. De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment truely is uncomfortable to wear. Your face will feel gross & sticky, with pores unable to breathe, until you wash this off. I apply before going to bed & hate the feel of it against my pillows.

With all that being said, so far this Sulfur ointment has lived up to all my expectations! The ingredients in it are a lot more natural & less harmful than my ex HG benzoyl peroxide cream. Sulur absorbs all oil my pores exude overnight then it further cleans them out & tightens. My skin is left feeling fresh, clear, & OIL FREE. Which is a miracle for my SUPER oily, acne prone skin. I'm not terrified of the TX summer weather that's a few months away because I know this will do the trick. Last year it was so hot & humid here the only thing that helped a TINY BIT was to coat my skin in baby powder. NOT THIS TIME! I am prepared. ;P I will update soon.

-------------

Update: I'm still loving this product. It has a lot of sulfur so it might make your face a little bit red & it did make my skin peel. Those cons are soooo worth the outcome though. This stuff has helped my acne clear up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference, I have sensitive combo/dry clog prone skin, seemingly random breakouts (1 - 3 blemishes) every now and then. I've literally trashed all my other emergency treatments and will never ever be without this tagain; stops breakouts dead in their tracks for me. Purchased at Walmart for around $4, comes in a plastic wide mouth screw top container. Ointment is a sticky, yellow 10% sulfur scented cream, texture makes it appropriate for night use only. I dip a clean q-tip in to put a superthin layer on any rising blemishes, and and they tend to disappear before they ever really come up. Surprisingly this works on all breakouts (blachkeads aside) from the usual TOTM to the the random deep cystic. Only word of warning is that this can dry your skin and make it flakey if you use it more than 1x/day. Overall, great find.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mkla623

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! Found mine at Walmart. This is the best treatment/ointment that I have used or found for acne. It drys out the pimples and can leave your skin flakey, but is an obvious result from the sulfur since that is what it's suppose to do. It's also better the other topicals for acne because it's more natural and isn't as harmful as other chemicals. I highly recommend this not just for people with acne, but for everyone who wants that flawless face with NO BLEMISHES!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this stuff as an extreme-spot treatment for large, painful whiteheads. by the next day, the pimple is completely gone!

the only problem is that the ointment is very powerful. if you use it too often, your skin will become irritated and flaky. you also dont want to smear it over a large surface - it will BURN. its best to use a cotton swab to apply it on top of the whitehead ONLY. then wipe down the pimple after about 30 mins.
i might repurchase this because it treats pimples so well... but the sulfuric smell is terrible. it lingers for a couple days.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by annette143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

best acne oitment for acne ever!this stuff works!its sooo amazing!
the only thing is that it dries out your skin a lot so you will need a good moisturizer but other then that its the only acne oitment that has gotten rid of acne super fast.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by haikusamurai

De La Cruz Pomada de Azufre (10% Sulfur Ointment)

Sulfur has been used since the time of the Greeks for acne. IT WORKS. When my skin is angry, this calms it way down. This is way, way better than topical OTC Acnomel (which has alcohol, terrible for your skin!). This particular sulfur formula is awesome. Got if for super cheap at Food Maxx, with the other "Mexican" personal care products. Like, $5.00. Used at night, and very lightly under makeup on a bad spot.

Other tips: avoid processed soy (it has estrogen, which exacerbates acne) -- boca burgers, tofu, etc.) and also eliminate dairy from your diet.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No