November 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on the suggestion of my stylist and I'm glad I made this investment. I apply it only to the ends of my hair to protect it from breakage and damage from the heat of blow drying and flat ironing. To me it preforms miracles of keeping my hair smooth, healthy looking, and super soft. Love this stuff and will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jlander5

okay granted I did work for Aveda but after moving over to sephora I still go to this as my hg when I straighten my hair. I have dark, medium length, thick, super wavy hair, I mix this with moraccan oil in my hand and put it on my ends when they are damp. It gives me the smoothest sleekest hair. Its awesome. It is expensive but you only need a pea size or smaller so it will last you FOREVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by blotto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the recommendation of my stylist. I tend to be a cheapskate w/ hairproducts, if I buy or use any at all. I am glad I 'splurged' on this though. You only need a tiny bit, and it doesn't even feel like you have enough to cover your strands. But once you blow dry, your hair is so silky soft and perfectly frizz-free. My hair is really fine too, and this doesn't make it flat by the end of the day. Considering the size of the tube and how little I need to use, I won't need to buy this again for some time, but it will be worth the splurge again when I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by coffeeismycrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff, and ALL Aveda products. They just smell so fresh and yummy and are simply wonderful on your hair.

I use this before I dry my hair (a very very small amount) and it makes my hair straight and glossy and gets rid of the wave and the frizz. It is $21.00 at any Aveda Store.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by aerinn0404

When used exactly as directed by my stylist, this stuff is a regular miracle worker. What that means is, while my hair is still damp, I comb about a small grape-sized blob through - distributing evenly, then, I blow dry my hair in sections with a round brush, starting at the bottom. At this point in the styling process, my hair is already more straight and responsive to my efforts than it has been with any other straightening product. Once my hair is mostly dry all the way, I use my incredibly expensive but definitely worth it, FHI flat iron. My hair shines like glass! Amazing! When I've put some of the straightener in without styling my hair afterward, my hair is a greasy mass of ringlets and funky chunks of neither nicely waved, nor totally straight hair that insists on trying to hang right in my face. Note to self: only use as directed :-D Otherwise, totally worth the astronomical $24 I paid for a tiny tube of this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by gracefullyloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up the travel size of this product and love it. With the winter season upon us my hair has become super frizzy, using this helps smooth my hair. I normally have oily hair so I'm always worried about adding smoothing serums as they tend to add to the oil factor, but this product is light weight and makes my hair feel soft and smooth. I love the smell (smells citrus-y to me) Would def, repurchase the travel size, I have long hair and found I didn't need to use much of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by motleyutube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I said I wouldn't repurchase this product but in truth I might. I like this product OK. It's alright. I think it makes my hair soft. It would work a lot better if I were more skilled with a blowdryer. That is not the products fault. I am not a big Aveda fan which could account for my fewer lippies, but if you have long course frizzy thick unruly hair and would like to tame your waves or curls I would at least give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by elysium9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product!! but it smells a little weird at first like cat pee. After it dries into your hair it has a nice lemongrass scent. Now, months later, I've gotten used to the smell. I don't know it works any better than another hair straightening product but it does smooth out your hair. It works way better than the Smooth Infusion style prep smoother, which I feel leaves a sticky residue on my hands and hair.

Taming the frizzes after blow drying or air drying is always a problem for me since my hair is this strange combination of straight and wavy, causing my hair to be highly unmanageable. But this product is great in making it more manageable, smooth and shiny without being oily whether I dry naturally or blow dry. I do still have to flatiron my hair after using this product even in combination with the Smooth shampoo and conditioner, if I want it to be super straight. One of my favorite Aveda products, after the universal styling creme and serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was fabulous, but it was just as good as my styling cream at home. I saw maybe a 3% better difference in my hair using this. I just can't make myself drop the money on this when my dove is only like 5 bucks. If you like to buy higher end products though, I say go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I got this as a sample when I was in Aveda and I love it. It makes my hair so smooth and easy to style with just a dryer. It is a rare day when I try a new product and can actually see a difference that obvious. This is a good product.