Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

4.4

water, propanediol, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethiconol, hydroxypropylcellulose, hydrolised wheat protein pg-propyl silanetriol, aloe, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolised corn starch, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium magnesium silicate, hydroxypropyl guar, pvp, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid

on 7/4/2010 2:11:00 PM

My hair has never looked better. I have wavy hair that I straighten with a flat iron. I use this along with the SI shampoo conditioner. I love the scent. These products definitely protect and repair my hair from any heat damage caused from blow drying and flat ironing. I find that the results definitely justify the cost of these products. This provides a protective shield on my hair prior to blow drying and flat ironing. It also smooths any potential flyaway hair, and keeps my hair from becoming frizzy in the humidity. Highly recommended. I continue to repurchase.

on 6/1/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I used to only use this when I straightened my curly hair, and it helped it to straighten easier and kept it straight longer--after 3 days it would still be (mostly!) straight. However, I was just at La Pompene and my stylist recommended that I use this whenever I wear my hair curly also, and I do like the results. It turns my naturally curly hair into these pretty, beachy waves. It's pretty expensive though, and I only use a little bit on my hair sometimes (I have to steal it from my mom :)).

Looks like I'm going to be in the minority here. For some reason this didn't work that great on me. I put a tiny amount of this into my ends before I blowdry my hair and it doesn't give me much shine at all. Also I've noticed that it makes my ends get this crunchy texture that it doesn't have when I don't use this. For the price and the lack of positive effect on my hair, I can't justify repurchasing this. On the plus side, I adore the smell of the product and you do get HEAPS of product. I'm sad to say that this will not form part of my regular hair routine.

on 5/7/2010 1:44:00 PM

I like this but I don't think its right for my hair type (fine) so I barely use it. I feel like if I get a little too much my hair is greasy and is ruined for the day. Its hard for me to judge how much I should use. But I think for someone with more hair or not such fine hair it would be a great product.

on 4/29/2010 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

after having this bottle on my stand for 3 months and never trying it i finally gave it a go. the results are amazing. this protects my hair from damage and heat. not only do i use it on myself but my clients as well

on 4/10/2010 6:09:00 PM

I bought this on the suggestion of my stylist and I'm glad I made this investment. I apply it only to the ends of my hair to protect it from breakage and damage from the heat of blow drying and flat ironing. To me it preforms miracles of keeping my hair smooth, healthy looking, and super soft. Love this stuff and will keep repurchasing.

on 4/1/2010 8:17:00 AM

okay granted I did work for Aveda but after moving over to sephora I still go to this as my hg when I straighten my hair. I have dark, medium length, thick, super wavy hair, I mix this with moraccan oil in my hand and put it on my ends when they are damp. It gives me the smoothest sleekest hair. Its awesome. It is expensive but you only need a pea size or smaller so it will last you FOREVER!

on 2/8/2010 11:00:00 PM

I bought this on the recommendation of my stylist. I tend to be a cheapskate w/ hairproducts, if I buy or use any at all. I am glad I 'splurged' on this though. You only need a tiny bit, and it doesn't even feel like you have enough to cover your strands. But once you blow dry, your hair is so silky soft and perfectly frizz-free. My hair is really fine too, and this doesn't make it flat by the end of the day. Considering the size of the tube and how little I need to use, I won't need to buy this again for some time, but it will be worth the splurge again when I do.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love this stuff, and ALL Aveda products. They just smell so fresh and yummy and are simply wonderful on your hair.

I use this before I dry my hair (a very very small amount) and it makes my hair straight and glossy and gets rid of the wave and the frizz. It is $21.00 at any Aveda Store.

on 12/31/2009 4:08:00 PM

When used exactly as directed by my stylist, this stuff is a regular miracle worker. What that means is, while my hair is still damp, I comb about a small grape-sized blob through - distributing evenly, then, I blow dry my hair in sections with a round brush, starting at the bottom. At this point in the styling process, my hair is already more straight and responsive to my efforts than it has been with any other straightening product. Once my hair is mostly dry all the way, I use my incredibly expensive but definitely worth it, FHI flat iron. My hair shines like glass! Amazing! When I've put some of the straightener in without styling my hair afterward, my hair is a greasy mass of ringlets and funky chunks of neither nicely waved, nor totally straight hair that insists on trying to hang right in my face. Note to self: only use as directed :-D Otherwise, totally worth the astronomical $24 I paid for a tiny tube of this stuff!

Popular Styling Products