April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by aerinn0404

When used exactly as directed by my stylist, this stuff is a regular miracle worker. What that means is, while my hair is still damp, I comb about a small grape-sized blob through - distributing evenly, then, I blow dry my hair in sections with a round brush, starting at the bottom. At this point in the styling process, my hair is already more straight and responsive to my efforts than it has been with any other straightening product. Once my hair is mostly dry all the way, I use my incredibly expensive but definitely worth it, FHI flat iron. My hair shines like glass! Amazing! When I've put some of the straightener in without styling my hair afterward, my hair is a greasy mass of ringlets and funky chunks of neither nicely waved, nor totally straight hair that insists on trying to hang right in my face. Note to self: only use as directed :-D Otherwise, totally worth the astronomical $24 I paid for a tiny tube of this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by gracefullyloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up the travel size of this product and love it. With the winter season upon us my hair has become super frizzy, using this helps smooth my hair. I normally have oily hair so I'm always worried about adding smoothing serums as they tend to add to the oil factor, but this product is light weight and makes my hair feel soft and smooth. I love the smell (smells citrus-y to me) Would def, repurchase the travel size, I have long hair and found I didn't need to use much of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by motleyutube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I said I wouldn't repurchase this product but in truth I might. I like this product OK. It's alright. I think it makes my hair soft. It would work a lot better if I were more skilled with a blowdryer. That is not the products fault. I am not a big Aveda fan which could account for my fewer lippies, but if you have long course frizzy thick unruly hair and would like to tame your waves or curls I would at least give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by elysium9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product!! but it smells a little weird at first like cat pee. After it dries into your hair it has a nice lemongrass scent. Now, months later, I've gotten used to the smell. I don't know it works any better than another hair straightening product but it does smooth out your hair. It works way better than the Smooth Infusion style prep smoother, which I feel leaves a sticky residue on my hands and hair.

Taming the frizzes after blow drying or air drying is always a problem for me since my hair is this strange combination of straight and wavy, causing my hair to be highly unmanageable. But this product is great in making it more manageable, smooth and shiny without being oily whether I dry naturally or blow dry. I do still have to flatiron my hair after using this product even in combination with the Smooth shampoo and conditioner, if I want it to be super straight. One of my favorite Aveda products, after the universal styling creme and serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was fabulous, but it was just as good as my styling cream at home. I saw maybe a 3% better difference in my hair using this. I just can't make myself drop the money on this when my dove is only like 5 bucks. If you like to buy higher end products though, I say go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I got this as a sample when I was in Aveda and I love it. It makes my hair so smooth and easy to style with just a dryer. It is a rare day when I try a new product and can actually see a difference that obvious. This is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by hulagal36

I have never found a styling product that helped me straighten my hair like a pro like this! I have very thick, coarse, hair with a strong wave and my hair has never been easy to blow out so, for me to like this so much is amazing to me. This product is very concentrated and I love the fact that it has hold power to help hold my wavy hair in a straight position. The consistency is gel like and I appreciate that it also protects my hair from heat thanks to the aloe. I always use style-prep smoother (got to protect my hair from frizzing) and then I follow with my Glossing Straightener and voila! I have beautiful, shiny, straight hair that I did myself! Thank you so much Aveda!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by SalescoopCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't own this product, but my friend does, and she says it works wonders. Her hair is naturally very course and wavy...it also gets frizzy very fast if there is any sort of humidity in the air. She says if she uses this product before she styles her hair though, her hair is much easier to handle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by amyno

I adore most things Aveda, but I thought this was just "meh." I use the Smooth Infusion Style-Prep and I just love it, so I was really excited to try this out. My hair is fairly thick and pretty wavy naturally. The Glossing Straightener kept my hair fairly straight, but it seemed snarly while I was blowing it dry with a round brush. The texture of my hair after I finished with the flat iron was kind of ... icky. The Style-Prep, on the other hand, makes it feel really soft and smooth. To be fair, my hair has been kind of weird since I had a baby four months ago, so maybe I'll give this another chance when my hair gets back to normal. I'll probably use the rest of the tube of the Glossing Straightener, but I won't repurchase.

EDIT: I decided I really do like this product! Once my hair was back to normal, it seemed to work much better. I especially like to blend with just a little bit of the Style-Prep for a really nice smooth feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is perfect for my fine, highlighted hair. It provides just enough slip that blowdrying is a breeze. It smooths the ends and makes my hair look more "polished". You don't need much of this to achieve the straight and shiny look, which is good b/c it's expensive! I only use a little bit on the middle and ends before blowdrying each morning.

Great product for those seeking a straight and sleek look, smells nice too!