April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - tria - Laser Hair Removal System

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

****Update*****JULY 6,2012
Still in the same routine, except I did a little switching up so I would be going my underarms at a different week then my legs because they take so long. Still soooo happy with the results. I am coming up to the 3 month mark- so I will be shortly moving into a monthly sessions rather that bi-weekly. I do have to admit though I have been slacking on my bikini "area" and missed my last 2 sessions. But, I am still ecstatic with the results. No more bleeding or ingrowns when I shave.and there is still a very significant reduction of regrowth. I have learned to take ibuprofen before the more painful underarm/bikini line/bikini "area" sessions (along with the use of good old fashioned ice). I also have been using Amlactin (an exfoliating moisterizer) 2x a day on my legs, and not applying it the days I "zap" (so it dosent cause sensitivity)It has greatly reduced the KP/rough skin on the back of my legs, which seems to let the laser get the hair more effectively.

***Update***MAY 28,2012
I am still using this religiously, and let me tell you, it WORKS. But, as another reviewer perfectly describes it, it is very much "sweat equity". You get it what you put in, and if you are not dedicated to following the bi weekly routine, you will not get maximum results. I have seen truly a remarkable difference as to how often, how soft, how much, hair is growing back. In some cases, it is truly GONE!! My hair is much softer when it grows in, and I don't shave near as often. When I do, I don't have to change my blade as often as before because my hair isn't as coarse. Today I did my third treatment for my legs, and let me tell you it is time consuming (yesterday was my bikini line and pits). I should have divided my treatment areas better so I was doing another area with my bikini "area". But oh well :) now that I am really getting the hang of it and being a lot more through, I am finding one charge will cover my pits and half my bikini line.(mostly on a 5, sometimes I wuss out and take it down to a 4). One charge will also cover the other half of my bikini line, and about 3/4 of my lower leg. I am finding that each leg basically takes 2 whole charges. And besides the size of the treatment head on the Tria, my only other complaint ( as I have stated before) would be the battery life. But then again, it works. Maybe they will improve those features on the next generation model. I will keep trucking though, in 6 weeks I go to monthly treatments, wool hoo!!!!

I have been 'blessed' with thick, coarse dark hair. Since I was about 13 or so I always wondered what it would be like to shave my legs, bikini line, underarms and not have a 5 o'clock shadow what seems like hours later. I lived with it, figuring it was impossible to achieve. I have had bikini waxes (super ouch!! Sore and red for a day or two after), depilatory creams (burned my skin and/or didn't remove the hair bc my hair is so coarse), of course shaving....nothing ever got me the results I wanted. Now that I am nearly 30, I started to explore laser treatments. Anywhere reputable would be too far of a drive where I live, and my work schedule varies from time to time so keeping appointments would be inconvenient. Then I came across Tria. I thought it over for a few weeks, and decided to go for it after seeing how pricy it would be for me to get lasered in a salon. With the money back guerentee and easy pay plan, I was sold! So far, my only complaints would be the time it takes due to the size of the laser, and battery life. But, if this works I can live with that. :) I will be updating my progress as necessary.

4/14
Areas treated:
Bikini line, underarms and a couple of spots on my cheeks, and neck.
Took about 15 minutes. I used the 3 setting, tried to go up to 4 but it was just too much! But, I was also in a hurry so I can see where a 4 or 5 can be tolerable if you numb the area first. (Be careful if you decide to use topical lidocane and don't overuse :) I came across some info about lidocane that was helpful.

see article: http://uni-blake.suite101.com/fda-issues-warnings-on-topical-anesthetics-a92719t. I have heard ice is a safer alternative) I know the face is a no no but, I figured if it is approved in Japan and UK I could try a couple small spots and see how it goes.

4/15
Areas treated: lower legs
But I think for one charge I got pretty far. I was able to tolerate a 4. The treatment part of the laser could be larger for this area.need 2 charges for this area.

4/24
Areas treated: bikini "area".
I was able to tolerate a 4, with ice. Make sure you use ice or it hurts like you know what :) I am not going to lie, even with ice it does hurt a little but gets more tolerable as you go along (natural endorphins?) Taking ibprofin helped a lot. Took about a half-3/4 of a charge, half hour time wise. Also, I watched a few leg hairs fall out as I dried off from the shower, yay :) (From the areas I treated a week and a half ago)

4/26
Areas treated: Bikini line, a few spots on cheeks,neck:
I know I am 2 days from officially 2 weeks but I had some extra time and thought maybe 2 days wouldn't make much difference :) I noticed this hair growing in wayyyy way softer/finer the past 2 weeks. It usually feels like coarse grain sandpaper after a day of not shaving! So, I would say my hair is growing in 50% finer in this area, with a few areas appearing to be not growing back. This is progress. Note: I tried a numbing spray with benzocane intended to numb sunburns, it did nothing. Legs and pits tomorrow!!

4/27
Areas treated: armpits, half lower leg
Was able to tolerate a 4, occasional 5 with ice on my underarms. It really does get more tolerable every time. I started my leg to see how far the charge would go.

Areas treated: (rest of) legs
Took near an hour and 2 charges. This time I went back and forth between the 4/5 setting, the charge dosen't last as long. Ice no longer nece

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by aliciapie_photos

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been plagued by facial hair since puberty, a curse inherited from my mother and grandmother. I got professional laser treatment a few times and it worked for a while but eventually the stubble came back and I would pluck my chin at least once a day, if not twice. The Tria, although not cleared for the face, has been a godsend. I let the stubble grow (shaving but not plucking) once I ordered it. By the time it arrived I had quite a stubble on (gross). I used it and thought nothing happened as the hairs remained and even seemed to grow some more, so I used it again. Bottom line: after 2 treatments, I haven't plucked in 2 weeks. 2WEEKS. The only occasional hairs I pluck now are the white ones, being that the Tria won't work on white hairs. It is so fantastic to feel my chin nice and smooth, and what a relief to not have to pluck, as it involves using a huge magnifying mirror that I have to lug along when I travel. Love this machine. I use it on level 5 and it's a slight sting but easily tolerated, especially knowing it's getting rid of those horrid chin hairs. I used it on upper lip too, with excellent results. I know more hairs will pop up eventually. I'm ready for them.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by NARSGIRL2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

TRIA works!! I had laser a decade ago and bought the TRIA for touch-ups. I love that when I see a stray hair, I can just zap it right in the comfort of my home. It works without a doubt. I think it was a little expensive, but is really saving me money in the long run and since it works, I am happy to pay. I bought it on 5 easy pays through QVC. Two features need improvement - charging capability and treatment head needs to be enlarged.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by andcrystalwrists

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok. I wanted to wait a while before leaving this review so I could provide as much info as possible. I bought this last April (2011). It is now February 2012, so I've had it almost a year. I purchased this to use on my bikini line and underarms (I have large tattoos on my legs and arms so I can't use it on them). When I first got it, I used it exactly as recommended, every two weeks. I use it on a level 4 - and it DOES hurt. All summer, the hair absolutely came in slower and finer. By around August I got lazy and stopped using the laser. I thought all the hair was coming back, but I guess I didn't remember how bad it had been before I started treating because when I did another treatment in November the hair did not come back in AT ALL in some patches on my bikini line. I guess another cycle had come in between August and November? It is now February and some fine hair has come back in on my bikini line, but there are still bare patches. I'm not so sure about the underarms. I think the hair is finer and less dense, but I am not overwhelmed with my results there. I just did another treatment last night, and I am planning on doing this once a month til summer - hopefully by then the bikini line hair, at least, will be all gone. To summarize, it does work (though I didn't get great results on my underarms), but it takes time and patience and a pretty high pain tolerance - if you don't have these 3 things, I wouldn't recommend purchasing.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Updating this post and increasing my overall rating to a 5 due to good results. Also downgrading price from a 4 to a 3. Although the unit is expensive, this is a much more cost effective hair removal method in the long run. Stomach, bikini line and chin are all reduced by about 50%. No adverse effects. Pain is decreasing, too, I think part in tolerance and partially because I have fewer dark hairs (which is what causes the pain). Love this product. If it only lasts me for a few years, it's worth the money and I will purchase another.

I have PCOS, which means hair removal is a MAJOR part of my beauty routine. I have fair skin and dark coarse hair on my lower legs, chin, bikini line and stomach. Even when I shave my bikini line, I wear boy short swimsuits because you can see the shadow of the dark hair under the skin. The hair growth got worse when I was pregnant. I used Vaniqa on my chin with good results prior to my pregnancy, but after my pregnancy it didn't work as well for me.

I have been using this for 3 weeks, and I'm already starting to see improvement. I see the most improvement on my bikini line and stomach, and am starting to see patches of hair not growing back. Although it's not approved by the FDA for use above the neck, I have also tried it on my chin and am seeing improvement there as well.

The pain isn't that bad. I was able to tolerate it on the level 4 and 5 settings. I think it's much LESS painful than a bikini wax. And unlike the bikini wax, the pain stops immediately after the laser "beep" is finished. With a wax, my skin was tender for 2-3 days afterward.

I have seen some people complain about the time commitment. If you have PCOS like me, you ALREADY spend a ton of time on hair removal all over your body. I am able to treat my legs, stomach and bikini line in about 30-45 minutes.

If I get truly permanent results, I will come back and increase my overall rating to 5. I rated it 4 on expense, because although it's a large investment, it's still cheaper than professional treatments.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by rosellie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am fair skinned with dark hair. I bought tria laser so I could use it in the privacy of my own home. The laser is awkward to use underarms, around knee caps etc. I've had it for over a year but have only used it a few times. I saw great results in the bikini and underarm areas. However using it on the highest level is very painful to me, and I have injured myself while using the laser on my lower leg near the tibia bone. I now have an oval shaped scar about a half inch in size and have been terrified to use it since. I would suggest that no one use this near your face

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by crystalgayle34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used this faithfully for a year and did see some results. i put it away for 6 months and started again and used it for maybe 3 more months. it does reduce hair (for me) but maybe only by 30%. so its really not worth it. i dont want partial hair removal i want complete hair removal. the hair that has been treated that does grow back is softer so that is a plus. its also painful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I've been using this for about two months now, and I plan on returning it for a refund within the next couple weeks after I do another treatment.

It does work, kind of. I've definitely seen results, but my issue is that the results aren't consistent for me. At best, the results are patchy, meaning some spots are bare, some are growing normally. I still have to shave regularly if I want the areas to look clean, which really defeats the purpose. I know I used it right, so it's not my fault, I supposedly am the optimal patien, light skin, dark hair. It also hurts too much on my bikini line to use at level 5, and this is the area I really wanted it to work on. Level 3 is the only one I can tolerate on that area, and I have a pretty high threshold for pain, I've used 5% lidocaine gel and it doesn't even take the edge off. It does NOT feel like rubber band snapping in those areas, it feels like it's burning your pores, which essentially it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product well over a year ago and used it a few times, then put it away. For this product to work, you have to basically make an appointment with yourself to treat the selected areas every few weeks in order to stop the regrowth cycle. You can adjust the strength of the laser, from low to high, but the manufacturer recommends you use the laser at the highest setting you can tolerate for it to be most effective. With repeated use, I have definitely seen a decrease in hair. However, the head of the machine where the laser comes out is so small, it takes time to treat larger areas like your legs. That means it could take months before you seen hairless legs so patience, and consistency, is a factor when using this product. I used the laser on my lipline even though the package says not to use it on the face. I am so happy. I used to look like a had a mustache even though I had waxed because I have such pale white skin and dark hair. I am thrilled with the results in this area. After years of waxing, and even a stint with electrolysis which was far more painful and expensive, I can finally see a real difference. Worth it just for this reason alone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by aeon33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

if anyone has a tria that is broken and will sell it instead of tossing it, I will pay $25 and shipping for it. I need some parts off of it. email tinbender at live dot com .thanks