April 17, 2014 | 1829 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

I kept hearing how great Dr. Jart bb cream is, so I decided to give it a try. I was hesitant at first because of the expensive price, about $37 at sephora. When I went back to college this september, I used this bb cream regularly every 2 days or so. So far, this bb didn't really break me out. It doesn't mean that I have problematic skin; my skin is a little bit sensitive and pretty dry. So I don't know about people who have extremely sensitive&acne-prone skin and/or oily skin. I recommend you try it out first before you buy it. Since I have light Asian skin with pink undertone, this bb fit me perfectly!! :) When I applied this, it didn't feel cakey or fake at all !!! The texture is not too diluted or thick--it's in between. I believe it lasts more than 8 hours because I noticed a stain of bb on the cotton pad when I wiped my face with makeup remover before I washed my face. It also has SPF~ it's perfect for winter. One thing that draws me back is the price. It's way too expensive for a college student like me! I don't work during the academic year (my parents don't let me), so I basically don't have that much money. But despite so, I will probably buy this again! This huge bottle lasts a long~~~time for me since I wear it only like every 2-3 days :) I totally recommend buying this bb :D <3

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros
- none

Cons
- Greasy
- Accentuates rough spots
- After applying, it could see 'paint' strokes of it on my face. Did not look pretty

Good for
- people who have normal to dry skin who know how to handle oilier foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by PamelaLW

I got a sample of the silver Dr. Jart BB cream in either my Birchbox or MyGlam box last month and I used the entire sample (seriously, squeezing out as much as I could get...). So while I was in Sephora yesterday, I decided to get a full size of the magical potion. Well...I couldn't find the one that I had gotten in the sample so I decided to go with the black detox BB cream since it claimed to be for oily skin. Holy crap am I ever so happy that I did! I didn't think anything could be the sample I used, but I was totally wrong. The Black Label Detox BB is the way to go - this stuff is simply amazing. It provides me with a photo finish and looks simply stunning with no powder necessary. To apply, I like to put the product directly onto each part of my face, pat it in with my fingers slightly, then use my flat-top kabuki to smooth it on. My face has never felt so hydrated and beautiful without feeling tacky or heavy at all. Totally worth the price, too. Get this stuff now!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by bluefire990

I got this a few days ago, so I'll update this after a few weeks....

First Impression: This stuff is pretty great. It really seems to calm my acne-prone, oily skin. I'm hopeful my skin will tolerate it. It seems to control oil pretty well, even during a day out in the humid Florida summer heat!

Coverage is buildable. Color looks ashy at first, but seems to blend in after a minute. I'm interested to see what it looks like in photos taken with a flash.

Word to the wise: Make sure to exfoliate. Like other BB creams, this will gunk up around any flakes.

This is not my first BB cream. I also have L'Oreal's, which I also like, but doesn't seem to moisturize enough. Dr. Jarte Detox BB Cream is thicker, and really seems to soothe my skin more.

I love the packaging. The pump seems very solid, and will keep bacteria out of the product.

$36 is steep... but if you have temperamental skin like mine, that's a price I'll gladly pay. And it allows me to skip moisturizer, primer, and cut back on my concealer and powder use, saving time and money.

I'm interested to try the gold label product at some point to see if there is a big difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OH MAH GOD. This stuff is pretty damn wonderful. I am VERY picky about my foundation, and here is what I look for in a good one:

- light/medium coverage (full coverage is gross)
- dewy finish without being greasy ( matte is also gross)
- will even out my skin without looking caked on (cake face is gross)
- long lasting (because touch ups are annoying)
- WON'T BREAK ME OUT

This, does all of that.

It is not cheap at almost 40 USD but you get more than an ounce of product in a cool black container WITH A PUMP.

UPDATE: No, just no. I wore this for about a week straight and at the beginning of the week my skin was almost completely clear and free of any active blemishes. It's now a week later and after wearing this for that many days my skin has FREAKED OUT. This product has caused breakouts in small,painful clumps all over my face and I look like I rubbed my face in a poison ivy plant. Not okay. Returned it. Never, EVER again.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first ever BB cream and I LOVE it!! My skin has been breaking out so horribly for a few years now. I think it's hormonal but maybe its also from trying so many different products to try to clear it up, or cover it up... I got this about a week ago and have been using it every day. My skin is now 95% clear and my scars are lightening significantly!

I had done a lot of research on BB creams and I saw a few I wanted to try out on amazon for pretty cheap. this one was at the top of my list and I knew that Sephora carried it. It is more expensive at sephora than it is on amazon. but the impulsive person that I am, I wanted it NOW, I did not want to wait for it to ship from Korea. Plus I figured it would be better to pay more and be able to return it in case it didn't work out. I think it was around $35. I've seen it online for about $26... so when I go to repurchase this, I will be ordering it online instead!

The product itself: It actually has really good coverage while still looking natural. I do still use some concealer as well as powder foundation on top, but everything together looks so much more natural and my skin looks so much healthier than it did when I was using a full coverage foundation + concealer. Now normally sunscreens break me out, but this is not breaking me out at all!

All in all, this is an amazing product and I love it. will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me say that this is my HG. I have mild to moderate acne and I had recently broken out pretty badly. I read some reviews on this and decided to purchase it and try this product. It was the best $37 I ever spent. In 2 days of using it my skin was almost clear and in a week with a few sweat bumps here and there my skin was 98% flawless. This bb cream has full coverage and doesn't feel too cakey or heavy. Its good for people with pink undertones because it tends to look chalky on people with yellow undertones ( my sister is yellow undertoned and she looked ghostly with this on). Dr.Jart makes an amazing bb cream I must say. I wear this with Nuetrogena Skin Clearing Pressed powder and some concealer for under my eyes and thats it. My skin looks flawless. I must say though that if you have oily skin (I do sometimes from the weather) this may feel very icky. But try this, seriously.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, so good. I was about to re-purchase Cle de Peau's creme compact foundation at Saks, and decided to stop into Sephora beforehand. They had a little "BB Creme" display and the black label Blemish Balm from Dr Jart caught my eye. I smoothed a little on at the store and was very pleased with both the color and how my skin looked with it on - not greasy, not matte. I'm now three days into using it, and the coverage is so good, I don't even feel the need for my usual Cle de Peau stick concealer. Another plus? It feels really comfortable on the skin. Here's hoping it stays a winner for me, as I can buy 2.5 tubes for the price of one CdP Creme foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Leila03

So far, this is the best foundation I have found for my skin. Most foundations break me out, or are to sheer,or to heavy. This BB cream has the perfect amount of coverage, does not feel like I am wearing a mask, and does not break me out at all. Yay!!! I have been wearing it for about a month, so I feel confident in reviewing it. It does have a grey/pink tone to it, but it literally melts into your skin and I doesn't make me look pink at all. Granted, I do have neutral undertones. Packaging is great, and for the amount of product you get for the price, I am quite pleased. Will definitely repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by selenajade

SERIOUS EDIT AT BOTTOM PLEASE READ-----

I researched a lot on this BB cream because I was looking for something that had SPF, anti aging (even though I'm 14), and maybe a little something to help with acne only because I do break out at that "special time" of the month-_- This had it all and more!!! I was so happy when I got it 3 days ago. I had washed my old makeup off and pput a thin layer of this on because I reaalllly wanted to try it. I LOVE the packaging tooo!!! So it has medium coverage nd covered up the slightredness on my cheeks and it has a kind of matte finish, but not a dull one at all. When I went downstairs to feed my kitty<3 my mom even commented that I looked really pretty and I hadnt been wearing anything but the BB cream!!! Its the third day now and my friends even say my skin looks great!:) and its not cakey so great for school:D i got this for 36 dollars at sephora which i think is a bit less than the price on the Dr. Jart website. Even though it is a little expensive you get 1 and a half ounces which is more than the usuall foundation/BBcream and you only need to use VERY LITTLE. for me i use 2 pee sized amounts because it spreads and blends beautifully.FAVORITE NEW PRODUCT

EDIT READ THIS; after two days of using this I had a SERIOUS breakout all over my face and ive only had 1-3 pimples on my face at most. my skin had never done that before. AND that night my face started to get these new bumps I had never seen I had to go to the hospital and take pills for two weeks to get rid of everything. thank god it was summer or I would have died at school. DO NOT BUY THIS :( PLEASSEEEE